Bills Secondary ranked #5

I just picked up Lindy's 2009 preview mag. They had the Bills Secondary rated as 5th best in the league. The best in the AFC East.

Breakout Season: Jim Leonhard, NY Jets

Wide Receivers

Best #1; Terrell Owens-#4

Best #2; Lee Evans-#1

Well in 2008 (after he left the Bills) the Football Prospectus called Jim Leonhard one of the worst coverage safeties in the NFL. Than When he played next to Ed Reed and had a team that could pressure the passer like the Ravens he had a breakout season. The Jets have Kerry Rhodes who is a great safety but not quite Ed Reed and the Jets in 2009 won't be able to pressure the QB like the 2008 Ravens did.

So Leonhard will just be an average safety who at best will play slightly above average due to the fact he has a good player next to him and has a defense that can get some pressure on the QB.

I'm surprised they think Lee Evans is a better #2 receiver than Anquan Boldin. I'm not sure who is better, but it surprises me because Boldin is a much bigger name

Wonder how they rank it the other way, or at least put in terms of "Z" and "X" receivers. Don't really see Lee officially taking the #2 spot if TO is only around 1 year and will be learning and fine tuning through the season

I just picked up Lindy's 2009 preview mag. They had the Bills Secondary rated as 5th best in the league. The best in the AFC East.

Breakout Season: Jim Leonhard, NY Jets

Wide Receivers

Best #1; Terrell Owens-#4

Best #2; Lee Evans-#1

If the truth was not so bad this might be funny.

IF it were true. HOW did Chad and Matt and old man Favre get to sweep the Bills? I can't recall the last time the entire AFCE swept the Bills.

If the truth was not so bad this might be funny.

IF it were true. HOW did Chad and Matt and old man Favre get to sweep the Bills? I can't recall the last time the entire AFCE swept the Bills.

I believe it was 15 years ago, that's why there is no way in heck we get swept again. We win at least 3 division games.

Yeah, you're right. I love "getting" some respect rather than earning it... :doh:

dont be a fag... we've had good players on our team for years that got no respect and they earned it. like josh reed, fred jackson, and bryan scott. always !@#$ing being negative.

I wonder how many draft picks were used on the secondary by those teams above us....I'm not about to waste the time to check, but I bet we used more!