Lets Give the Bills & TO some credit

Do you agree?

The Bills made some changes to reach their goal (the playoffs) and I think it will work!

As for TO; embrace him and he will do us right. Make the rest of the NFL and media regret their crap they put on him. The guy wants to work and win, but the b.llsh.t media will work against it. Just play ball and f..ckin win. ;)

This Bills fan is getting old my friends, we need to win for us and all of western NY!

A fan from the Electric Company Days!

Casmolopitis

Guest dog14787
Do you agree?

The Bills made some changes to reach their goal (the playoffs) and I think it will work!

As for TO; embrace him and he will do us right. Make the rest of the NFL and media regret their crap they put on him. The guy wants to work and win, but the b.llsh.t media will work against it. Just play ball and f..ckin win. :beer:

This Bills fan is getting old my friends, we need to win for us and all of western NY!

A fan from the Electric Company Days!

Casmolopitis

I'm with you , T.O. came to Buffalo with a heavy heart, to play so hard and to accomplish so much yet to be so greatly unappreciated. I welcomed T.O. with open arms when he came to Buffalo despite all the baggage he brings with him, his questionable past, the camera's, the media ( I actually love it ) because T.O. brings attitude and he brings respect, now you may not like T.O. as a person but I guarantee you opposing defenses will respect him on the playing field and for good reason. ( I think T.O. is a very entertaining and likable guy personally)

Terrell Owens is one of the best WR that ever played the game and he's a Buffalo Bill now and I'm proud of it. ;)

Everyone in the NFL admits T.O. has a good work ethic - he wouldn't do what he's done without one - and that he wants to win. He's played in some big cities, with a lot of media coverage. Intelligent people know what media is all about: they get paid to stir things up. If there's nothing going on, they'll find something. If any of us allowed media into our homes and home life, or work life, and had reporters asking our wifes or co-workers questions about us - there'd be trouble in just about every case. People aren't meant to live real life in front of millions of people - it just doesn't work. I'll bet there is drama still in Dallas this year, and Philly. There has to be or the media doesn't get paid. All I'm saying is that to live in the open like that, people have to have a ready-to-deliver answer for things that is P.C., which is why politicians have so many helpers - people telling them what to say to create the right image. Maybe that is why T.O. has his female entourage. Anyway, he's human, and when asked about personal things, he can be honest or P.C. - and the honest route will cause trouble sometimes, which would happen with anyone. I'm betting he takes the P.C. route this year, and says all the right things, which will sound Phony. There it is, though. It sounds phony, or sometimes it creates problems. I, for one, though, am glad he's here, and I think Buffalo could be a good place for him for more than just a year. And, I, too, give props to the F.O. this year. Maybe too little too late - let's hope not.

I hear you! I think we (Bills fans and WNY) should do the right thing and support TO in every way!

Lets show TO what we are made of? We are not like the rest of NFL, corporate bu..sh.t and sticks in the mud, we are real people. TO will appreciate that. Go Bills, open up and throw chance in the wind!

Everyone in the NFL admits T.O. has a good work ethic - he wouldn't do what he's done without one - and that he wants to win. He's played in some big cities, with a lot of media coverage. Intelligent people know what media is all about: they get paid to stir things up. If there's nothing going on, they'll find something.

Really? Is this what "intelligent people" are saying? The media just randomly picked TO and decided to "stir things up"? There was "nothing going on" and they dug real deep and "found something"?

The self promoting TD celebrations, the public criticising of teammates on every team in his career, the "nonsuicide" attempt, the driveway workout press conference, the fact that he was released from 2 teams after signing big contracts---these are creations of "the media"?

Hmmm. I guess "the media" was NOT doing it's job (or "getting paid") when it failed to make a big deal about all of the equally press-worthy things that went on in the lives on and off the field of Elway, Warner, Manning, Fitzgerald, Rice, Harrison........

Look, it's exciting for Bills fans and the team to have an actual top receiver on the roster and we all hope for good things this year, but why do you have to post such nutty stuff in order to excuse his past poor behavior? How can you blame this on "the media"? Can you name a pro athlete how craves more attention from the media and the public than TO?

A bunch of schmucks who report this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

see NFL fu.kers.

Lookie here, another schmuck reporting this.

ESPN! NFL bed buddy!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4227274

hate to burst your conspiracy bubbles, but both your links reference the same AP story.

don't see how the news or coverage was harmful to the bills or t.o. in fact, he relished the opportunity to speak about it post-practice. also, let me point out, members of this board were among the first to discuss owens' twitter post before anyone in the media reported it, so there was interest in this already.

jw ... a.k.a. "another schmuck."

hate to burst your conspiracy bubbles, but both your links reference the same AP story.

don't see how the news or coverage was harmful to the bills or t.o. in fact, he relished the opportunity to speak about it post-practice. also, let me point out, members of this board were among the first to discuss owens' twitter post before anyone in the media reported it, so there was interest in this already.

jw ... a.k.a. "another schmuck."

Morning, Mr. Schmuck.

True enough -- we would've talked about it here even if you and Tim hadn't followed up on it. (Speaking of Tim, he's also waiting for The Associated Press to call him about trying to find a house in Buffalo, if you want to get on that ... :wallbash: )

Morning, Mr. Schmuck.

True enough -- we would've talked about it here even if you and Tim hadn't followed up on it. (Speaking of Tim, he's also waiting for The Associated Press to call him about trying to find a house in Buffalo, if you want to get on that ... :ph34r: )

i'll get right on it. hey, Tim, there's a place I know of at 1 Deer Run in OP .... :wallbash:

You can't blame any of the long laundry list of problems that Owens has had on the Media or the fans of the teams he has played for. He brought all of his problems on himself, and the media reported it, maybe until you were sick of it, but he had to give them something to report. As far as the fans, they supported him in each and every city he has been in, until he turned on the team/organization, and the fans supported the team and not him-just like any good fan would and should do. I will support Owens because I am a lifelong Bills fan, that is until he turns on this team and has Trent Edwards for dinner, than I will support the team just like the fans in Philly, San Fran and Dallas have. I have never thought that it was a great idea to bring him here, but he is here so hopefully it works out for the best.

'2' considers someone a good teammate only if they agree with him.

More important than ANYTHING to him is being the center of attention.

Following rules does not get him attention, so he causes trouble since that's what it takes.

He's messed up personally, I'm not judging him, the evidence does that.

Like one columnist said, 'he's built like Tarzan, but he plays like Jane.'

No mental toughness, that's why blows up at every little thing.

Putting faith in any person who has acted like this for years always leads to disappointment.

This is not a team first guy, so realistically can it go well here?

People say its only a one year deal.

But the wreckage he leaves lasts another year at least.

Why, because he turns teammates and an organization against one another.

Being a fan since 1964, I hope against hope it goes well here though.

Yea, but it's a symbiotic relationship between the press and T.O - they need each other.

Owens is a highly competitive, superbly competent glory seeking athlete. I have no problem with that- as long as it doesn't adversely affect "team concept". At the same time the press wouldn't be covering him if he was a 3rd string journeyman no matter how flamboyant he may be. I also don't think the press considers whether to report or not report on a negative story on T.O. because it will do him harm- quite the opposite I suspect.

Yea, but it's a symbiotic relationship between the press and T.O - they need each other.

Owens is a highly competitive, superbly competent glory seeking athlete. I have no problem with that- as long as it doesn't adversely affect "team concept". At the same time the press wouldn't be covering him if he was a 3rd string journeyman no matter how flamboyant he may be. I also don't think the press considers whether to report or not report on a negative story on T.O. because it will do him harm- quite the opposite I suspect.

The press doesn't need TO--if he never existed they would be talking about someone else---same as for when he's gone. However, TO absolutely is addicted to publicity (any)--if this was not true, he'd be Marvin Harrison.

"as long as it doesn't adversely affect "team concept""?? Where have you been? When has TOs "glory seeking" NOT adversely affected team concept? Isn't that why he is no longer with either of the last two teams? How is it that you don't get this?

I didn't mean to sound as if I was making excuses for T.O., or his past behavior. I'm just saying that everyone would have problems if they had the media in their face all the time. Yes, T.O. wants it. Which is why he should have advisors, because he doesn't appear to see the long term ramifications of what he says, or how what he says can be interpreted. I do think he'll be good here this year, and I think the Bills could use a little accountability, and some passion. It could go either way, I just happen to believe it will be something that works.

The press doesn't need TO--if he never existed they would be talking about someone else---same as for when he's gone. However, TO absolutely is addicted to publicity (any)--if this was not true, he'd be Marvin Harrison.

"as long as it doesn't adversely affect "team concept""?? Where have you been? When has TOs "glory seeking" NOT adversely affected team concept? Isn't that why he is no longer with either of the last two teams? How is it that you don't get this?

True. TO should have insisted on going on trips to Cabo with Tony, Jessie, and Jason, prior to playoff games. You know, team building and all. :lol:

I suppose I should be more clear. The press needs TO like any other story - impersonal. That's precisely my point about the press. But it still needs stories, and we all think we know what TO is all about.

What I mean by adversely affecting "team concept" is that ya, TO can/may/will be a problem. But as a Bills fan, don't we alway hope for the near impossible, deluding ourselves that this is the year. Well maybe some of us don't, but I do. I'm counting on this being TO's first year with us and won't be so disruptive, and Jauron can do some voodoo. It's called irrational exuberance- but sure is entertaining.