"Up" review

I do'nt know how you guys will feel about this, but they are going forward with a remake of Videodrome. Tentatively scheduled for 2011.

Any idea who the director will be?

Any idea who the director will be?

Not at the moment. What I can tell you is that Universal Pictures will be distributing the film, and Ehren Kruger has been tabbed to write the screenplay. Kruger's most recent work was done on the upcoming Transformers sequel.

Also, David Cronenburg's "Scanners" will be getting the remake treatment as well. Right now Dimension Films has that in development.

I saw "Up" last night and I must say that Pixar has done it again. I am a huge fan of animation and Pixar is the quintessential computer animated movie company. I have loved almost every movie that Pixar has released, "Cars" being the one exception, and I have pleaded my case that movies like "Toy Story 2", "The Incredibles", & "Wall-E" could easily have been nominated for Best Picture, but alas the arrogant Hollywood ilk will forever see these movies as just glorified cartoons.

I'm with you on Pixar. Their stuff is simply oustanding and I find myself looking forward to their next movie. I also think "The Incredibles" deserves a sequel. Kickass movie. But I'm curious why you were cool on "Cars." I thought that was one of their best. The music was great (particularly the scene with "Sh-Boom" by The Chords) and the race at the end was a great teaching moment. Great voices that translated well for the adults (grumpy old Paul Newman, chicano car painter Cheech Marin, peace and love VW microbus George Carlin, Italian tire store owner Tony Shalhoub and broken down redneck tow truck Larry The Cable Guy ["I'm happier 'n a tornado in a trailer park"]. And it's probably their most visually stunning flick.

Just curious what wasn't to love?

I actually did catch some of it again not too long ago, maybe 6 months ago, but only the last 20 minutes or so. I was still pretty impressed. I think that movie was the first time I saw James Woods, and I still think he did a great job in that flick.

Videodrome on in 30 minutes on some channel I get on Comcast digital called "Indie", channel 167 here. It isn't IFC, but I don't know what the channel is called.

So, at 1:30 AM, on June 6th, Videodrome is on Indie in a short while. Get stoned and enjoy it, if you can.

Videodrome on in 30 minutes on some channel I get on Comcast digital called "Indie", channel 167 here. It isn't IFC, but I don't know what the channel is called.

So, at 1:30 AM, on June 6th, Videodrome is on Indie in a short while. Get stoned and enjoy it, if you can.

big cronenberg fan myself. If I ever get bored I throw in Dead Ringers and get lost for two hours. I am not really a horror fan, (Haloween yes, but not 2,3...) he can never get boring.