(OT) Stomp

gantrules

Dan,

I went to see Metallica/Godsmack about a month ago. They had a rotationing stage with two drumsets on it. the drummer for Godsmack was dueling with the lead singer for about 10 minutes.

I love Metallica...but that was the BEST part of the show. It's was unbelievable watching them work off each other.

You're a good son. Can't say I'd do the same thing (I'd have gotten tickets for Saturday and sent the women forth! :D).

Enjoy the show. I can't say I'd ever sit through something like that again. I've been to TWO Broadway shows in my life. The first was "Cats". It started off cool (hot chicks in body suits running through the crowd). Then they started singing. They never stopped. I paid $150 per for me to take a nap and my wife to smile.

I can't even remember the second one. Slept through that too. Musicals suck.

You're a good son.  Can't say I'd do the same thing (I'd have gotten tickets for Saturday and sent the women forth! :D).

Enjoy the show.  I can't say I'd ever sit through something like that again.  I've been to TWO Broadway shows in my life.  The first was "Cats".  It started off cool (hot chicks in body suits running through the crowd).  Then they started singing.  They never stopped.  I paid $150 per for me to take a nap and my wife to smile. 

I can't even remember the second one.  Slept through that too.  Musicals suck.

103471[/snapback]

I have tickets for the Rockettes Christmas Show the day after Thanksgiving. Not all musicals suck. I'll be enjoying the scenery. :blink:

You're a good son.  Can't say I'd do the same thing (I'd have gotten tickets for Saturday and sent the women forth! :D).

Enjoy the show.  I can't say I'd ever sit through something like that again.  I've been to TWO Broadway shows in my life.  The first was "Cats".  It started off cool (hot chicks in body suits running through the crowd).  Then they started singing.  They never stopped.  I paid $150 per for me to take a nap and my wife to smile. 

I can't even remember the second one.  Slept through that too.  Musicals suck.

103471[/snapback]

I saw "Rent" in NYC and was absolutely stunned that this thing ever garnered the accolades it has received. What a whacked out messed up musical production.

As I mentioned before, I also saw Cirque's production called "O!" About half way through I figured out what the O! stood for; it was short for "O my fuggin' God, I can't believe I spent $300 to watch this piece of crap!"

I saw "Rent" in NYC and was absolutely stunned that this thing ever garnered the accolades it has received. What a whacked out messed up musical production.

As I mentioned before, I also saw Cirque's production called "O!" About half way through I figured out what the O! stood for; it was short for "O my fuggin' God, I can't believe I spent $300 to watch this piece of crap!"

103544[/snapback]

But, without garbage like "Rent", we wouldn't have songs like "Aids, Aids, Aids" in "Team America". Funny stevestojan.

103544[/snapback]

My wife and I saw a touring production of Rent here in Baltimore and I really liked it. There's some pretty good musicals out there. I really liked Chicago, Fosse, and perhaps my favorite, Ragtime.

When my wife and I were on our honeymoon, we saw that Cirque du Soleil had a theater at Disney where they performed. Of course, the tickets there were almost $100 each! That's crazy, especially after spending a few grand for the on-park resort package (we stayed at the Port Orleans; great place!!).

Dan,

I went to see Metallica/Godsmack about a month ago. They had a rotationing stage with two drumsets on it. the drummer for Godsmack was dueling with the lead singer for about 10 minutes.

I love Metallica...but that was the BEST part of the show. It's was unbelievable watching them work off each other.

103420[/snapback]

sonny is the freakin man! they showed that duel on mtv and it was the sweetest thing ever!