Halo 2 v. Half-Life 2

col_forbin

Neither. EQ2 comes out Tuesday and I have spent close to 500 bucks upgrading my three computers so I can Multi-box. Loved EQ, think EQ2 will be many times better....

Of course EQ2 is a mmorg, not a shooter....

104016[/snapback]

what language are you speaking?? :P

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what language are you speaking?? :P

104486[/snapback]

Geekanese, allow me to interpret:

EQ is Ever Quest, a wildly popular game, and the sequal is EQ2..

MMORPG is a massive multiplayer online role playing game. You develop your character by playing with other people in a dynamic world and gaining experience, which allows you to add to your character's abilities like strength, wisdom, intelligence, etc. All of these attributes allow your character to fight better, avoid traps, and things of that sort.

Geekanese, allow me to interpret:

EQ is Ever Quest, a wildly popular game, and the sequal is EQ2.. 

MMORPG is a massive multiplayer online role playing game.  You develop your character by playing with other people in a dynamic world and gaining experience, which allows you to add to your character's abilities like strength, wisdom, intelligence, etc.  All of these attributes allow your character to fight better, avoid traps, and things of that sort.

104487[/snapback]

Basically Dungeons and Dragons for the computer age.

I ended up buying a new system for just that reason.  It was time but Doom3 gave me the excuse I needed to justify it.  :w00t:

104611[/snapback]

I basically did the same thing, but thought my 9200 would be good enough. Doom3 plays okay on the lower resolution, but that's not how I want to play the game. I'm trying to justify getting a 9800 card. I bought a DVI-HDTV adapter that will allow me to hook up to my big screen tv to the computer but it doesn't work with the 9200. It will be sweet playing Doom 3 on the big screen and the digital surround sound.

i work at gamestop....

104692[/snapback]

I spend too much time and money in there too! And GI blows away GMR, EB's version of what you guys have in GI. I like OXBM too, primarily for the demo discs.

I read that a chain in the midwest (Meijers, I think) broke the street date on Halo2 a couple of days ago. I was surprised they'd even ship that early. Is that normal for a new title, or is MS/Bungie getting them out early to meet the demand?

I spend too much time and money in there too!  And GI blows away GMR, EB's version of what you guys have in GI. I like OXBM too, primarily for the demo discs.

I read that a chain in the midwest (Meijers, I think) broke the street date on Halo2 a couple of days ago.  I was surprised they'd even ship that early.  Is that normal for a new title, or is MS/Bungie getting them out early to meet the demand?

104708[/snapback]

Alot of stores have had their shipment for a day or two already. I think MS/Bungie want to make sure they can get as many copies out the door on day 1.

I ended up buying a new system for just that reason.  It was time but Doom3 gave me the excuse I needed to justify it.  <_<

104611[/snapback]

I did the same for HL2. I was all siked when they were going to release earlier in the year and then...... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I can't believe there is even discussion about this.

The only reason why some of you can pickup Halo and play it like its the first time is because it hasn't been out since 1998.

Half-life is the best FPS of all time, and everything points to Half-life 2 being even better (reviews, interviews, previews, betas, and cs: source showing off the engine). I don't thinkt here is even any competition.

As to what game I'll be buying first over the next month? World of Warcraft for sure.

I spend too much time and money in there too!  And GI blows away GMR, EB's version of what you guys have in GI. I like OXBM too, primarily for the demo discs.

I read that a chain in the midwest (Meijers, I think) broke the street date on Halo2 a couple of days ago.  I was surprised they'd even ship that early.  Is that normal for a new title, or is MS/Bungie getting them out early to meet the demand?

104708[/snapback]

this is very unusual for titles of this magnitude... but at the gamestop i work at we already got over 300 copies of halo 2 in stock. Breaking the street date the way they did means Microsoft or Bungie will NEVER ship them or anyone else associated with their company. So that means Meijers or whoever wont get anymore copies or xboxes...including a xbox 2 if it comes out. Its very serious to do that and you can bet the cops will be involved and heavy fines. That being said it is hard to go into the back room and see over 300 halo 2's sitting there

The only reason why some of you can pickup Halo and play it like its the first time is because it hasn't been out since 1998.

Half-life is the best FPS of all time, and everything points to Half-life 2 being even better (reviews, interviews, previews, betas, and cs: source showing off the engine).  I don't thinkt here is even any competition.

As to what game I'll be buying first over the next month?  World of Warcraft for sure.

105426[/snapback]

No, the reason why I can ppick up Halo and play likes it's the first time is becasue it's a damn good game. I can't think of another FPS that I can do that with. I just started Attack on the Control center for the upteenth time. Great level.

I know I'm in the minority here, but Half-Life did not do much for me. I didn't like the graphics at the time, and the story was very slow to develop. I'm not sure if I even finished it.

Half-life is the best FPS of all time, and everything points to Half-life 2 being even better (reviews, interviews, previews, betas, and cs: source showing off the engine).  I don't thinkt here is even any competition.

As to what game I'll be buying first over the next month?  World of Warcraft for sure.

105426[/snapback]

I heard that WoW was going to rock! Do you think it will be better than EQ2? I just finished upgrading my PC yesterday. Re-formatted the HD, new MB, new RAM, and a clean hd and I am ready to play EQ2 tues.... Am thinking of trying WoW, would like to hear your Opinion, or a link to some fan sites if you got 'em...

Well, it was time for a new, improved PC anyway, now Doom 3 and Half Life 2 have me inspired.  I am drooling over this machine and would appreciate any input for or against:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...61278&CatId=114

105602[/snapback]

I'd build my own... Looks like it's a bit expensive for what you get. The consumer forum would be the proper place to ask about it though.

CW

I'd build my own...  Looks like it's a bit expensive for what you get.  The consumer forum would be the proper place to ask about it though.

CW

105605[/snapback]

Sorry for the double post...I totally agree with Fez. Build your own, and put exactly what you want in it. You will spend less money and won't have to worry about crappy customer service when things go bad, and they WILL go bad eventually.

Check out tigerdirect or new egg.com. They ususally run specials on package deals and starter kits that are excellent, as long as you know someone who can put it together. I recently got my brother a smoking MB and Athlon 2.2GHz for 100 bucks after rebate....

Definetly build your own if you have any experience doing that sort of thing. I just built a amd 2600 with 512 ram for about 189 bucks. That was for the MB and a ram chip... Used my old case and accesories...

Well, it was time for a new, improved PC anyway, now Doom 3 and Half Life 2 have me inspired.  I am drooling over this machine and would appreciate any input for or against:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...61278&CatId=114

105602[/snapback]

Decent machine Colorado but do yourself a favour if you want to play Doom3 and Half Life 2 with the eye candy that make these games special. Pay for another 512mgs ram and bite the bullit and get yourself either a ATI Radeon 800XT or a Nvidia 6800GT or Ultra. The GT is a better buy because its almost as fast(can be overclocked to Ultra speeds) and $100 cheaper. Its going to cost you another $500 or so but will be WELL worth it. The nvidia 5750 just isnt going to cut it with those games. Hope this helps.