Ticket Sales, the Economy and Fan Disillusionment...

Considering how bad the team was last year, the economy and limited disposable income, how on earth is this team nearing record sales of season tickets? Does the fact that perhaps the net of spending less due to the one game in Toronto make a difference? The T.O. signing generating enough exitement to spark this run on tickets??? This team crumbled like termite ridden lumber and people are running to the ticket office to drink this up?

Even the most fire hardened Bills optimist knows there are a lot of "if comes" at play here to make this team a winner....I don't know if I should be impressed by the following or amazed at the short term memory loss and near upheavel Bill's nation went through during the seond half of last year.

From a business perspective - I take my hat off to Ralph for putting Russ Brandon in charge - he has undoubtedly done a masterful job of marketing a questionable product to an audience of limited financial means in a horrible economy. Absolute genius. If I were Brandon - I would put the cherry on it and up the ticket prices by at least 20% - nothing seems to stop this run away train of Bills nation....

Considering how bad the team was last year, the economy and limited disposable income, how on earth is this team nearing record sales of season tickets? Does the fact that perhaps the net of spending less due to the one game in Toronto make a difference? The T.O. signing generating enough exitement to spark this run on tickets??? This team crumbled like termite ridden lumber and people are running to the ticket office to drink this up?

Even the most fire hardened Bills optimist knows there are a lot of "if comes" at play here to make this team a winner....I don't know if I should be impressed by the following or amazed at the short term memory loss and near upheavel Bill's nation went through during the seond half of last year.

From a business perspective - I take my hat off to Ralph for putting Russ Brandon in charge - he has undoubtedly done a masterful job of marketing a questionable product to an audience of limited financial means in a horrible economy. Absolute genius. If I were Brandon - I would put the cherry on it and up the ticket prices by at least 20% - nothing seems to stop this run away train of Bills nation....

What are the numbers and is there a link to your story?

Sincerely,

Magnus ver Magnusson

What are the numbers and is there a link to your story?

Sincerely,

Magnus ver Magnusson

Buffalo News reports: 'I’m told the team has already sold 50,000 season tickets and is ahead of last year’s pace, when it sold 56,011. That was the second-most season tickets in history, behind the 1992 season. Apparently, disgust over the team’s second-half collapse and disdain for Dick Jauron didn’t drive many people away.'

Buffalo News reports: 'I’m told the team has already sold 50,000 season tickets and is ahead of last year’s pace, when it sold 56,011. That was the second-most season tickets in history, behind the 1992 season. Apparently, disgust over the team’s second-half collapse and disdain for Dick Jauron didn’t drive many people away.'

TO and the talking heads liked our draft as well, not those talking heads.

so they are down 6000 season tix?

See Buffalo News story posted on TBD:

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/664943.html

Much of projected sales drop is pure bitching from people who listen to B word radio and professional whiners on some of the newspapers.

Seaon ticket sales have increased partly because the Bills have made it easier for season ticket holders to sell games they are not interested in themselves with some selling them to opposing fans making profit because ticket prices are so low in Buffalo.

Season tickets sales are not "down to" 50,000 - many people buy them when they have the money later in season unlike other teams which are completely sold out year to year and season ticket holders need to pay fees to get rights to buy season tickets.

See Buffalo News story posted on TBD:

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/664943.html

Much of projected sales drop is pure bitching from people who listen to B word radio and professional whiners on some of the newspapers.

Seaon ticket sales have increased partly because the Bills have made it easier for season ticket holders to sell games they are not interested in themselves with some selling them to opposing fans making profit because ticket prices are so low in Buffalo.

Season tickets sales are not "down to" 50,000 - many people buy them when they have the money later in season unlike other teams which are completely sold out year to year and season ticket holders need to pay fees to get rights to buy season tickets.

Probably true - but I am not sure fans buy the tickets with the intent to sell - or at least make the decision easier in that they can. The ticket sales are still a ratification of sorts that the team is doing something right, even keeping DJ and getting rid of Peters.......It really amazes me

The NFL is recession proof. It has been proven time and again.

You can buy a season ticket for $270 and you have all summer to pay for it.

Unless the team is horrible....i.e..1984-85, tickets sales will always be safe in the WNY/Rochester/Niagara region.

Guest dog14787
Probably true - but I am not sure fans buy the tickets with the intent to sell - or at least make the decision easier in that they can. The ticket sales are still a ratification of sorts that the team is doing something right, even keeping DJ and getting rid of Peters.......It really amazes me

The Buffalo Bills are a very unique and classy ball club in my opinion with some of the best fans in the world backing it up.

Four straight Superbowl's without winning one, I'll bet half the nation would like to see us bring a championship home to Buffalo.

I think folks sense there's something special about this Trent Edwards fella, especially with all of the weapons at his disposal and a good defense to back him up, he just might help lead us back to the perennial power house we used to be.

I'm so excited, I can hardly contain myself, we have some talent now and lots of it in my opinion, we could still be one more year away from really doing something big, but this could be the start of good things to come. :censored:

I bet you're the type of person who strikes a Bills win to luck...right? This is a football town. A town whos mood changes week to week depending on what the Bills do on Sundays. We have the most loyal fan base in the league and we consistantly prove it...can't remember the last game that was blacked out...can you? This city relates to the team because it, and the Bills, have been down and out and only getting worse year after year. Its footbal spirit that keeps us, the fans, optomistic about the upcomming season on which we will bank our entire life on whether or not we make the playoffs. Pull your head out of your arse man! We finally have an offseason that is worth, somewhat anyway, all the hype. Over the years we've been saying that all the analysts don't know crap, and they don't know what they're talking about because we thought our free agent pickups and draft's were the makings of a contender...now that they say we've done well and added just the right pieces you and a handfull of other, fans while we're winning, trash the team, the town, and by default, the fans!

STFU and go kick yourself in the junk! :censored:

The Buffalo Bills are a very unique and classy ball club in my opinion with some of the best fans in the world backing it up.

I will agree - the fan base is more akin to that of an English Premier League Soccer team than an NFL franchise. Part of what make's the Bills unique I guess....

Total price of ticket is actually up this year because of both preseason games being here. It really is a tribute to Brandon and his people, as you have already stated.

I have said this before, but I guess I will say it again, the notion from out of town folks that the good people of WNY have no disposal income & that we live like a third world nation is complete bogus. People make money around here & live pretty well. Take a drive thru some of the suburbs & there are new sub divisions all over the place. These developements would be considered nice in any city. I am not trying to argue that WNY has the corporate presence like some other cities, but the notion that people are barely surving around is just not true imo.

I have said this before, but I guess I will say it again, the notion from out of town folks that the good people of WNY have no disposal income & that we live like a third world nation is complete bogus. People make money around here & live pretty well. Take a drive thru some of the suburbs & there are new sub divisions all over the place. These developements would be considered nice in any city. I am not trying to argue that WNY has the corporate presence like some other cities, but the notion that people are barely surving around is just not true imo.

Dude - I grew up and lived in Buffalo for 30 years...I live a scant 4.5 hours away. Disposable income in WNY is fractional compared to most other cities. Granted, economic downtimes impact WNY less than other area's, but only because during boom times, there is barely a fizzle in WNY. If you cannot recognize this, you are fooling yourself. Look, I think WNY is great, but with regards to the economic condition in WNY, it is what it is.

I bet you're the type of person who strikes a Bills win to luck...right? This is a football town. A town whos mood changes week to week depending on what the Bills do on Sundays. We have the most loyal fan base in the league and we consistantly prove it...can't remember the last game that was blacked out...can you? This city relates to the team because it, and the Bills, have been down and out and only getting worse year after year. Its footbal spirit that keeps us, the fans, optomistic about the upcomming season on which we will bank our entire life on whether or not we make the playoffs. Pull your head out of your arse man! We finally have an offseason that is worth, somewhat anyway, all the hype. Over the years we've been saying that all the analysts don't know crap, and they don't know what they're talking about because we thought our free agent pickups and draft's were the makings of a contender...now that they say we've done well and added just the right pieces you and a handfull of other, fans while we're winning, trash the team, the town, and by default, the fans!

STFU and go kick yourself in the junk! :censored:

Wow - You got me figured out...Buffalo is a football town? Really? Loyal fanbase you say? Wow, I guess I had better spend some time in WNY to better understand this culture you speak of... Look jack-ss, it's plain to see the best part of you ran down your mothers leg when your dad tried to pull out too late, so let me try to clarify - if you bore witness to the carnage and rage on this site circa weeks 14-17 last year, you would have thought ticket sales would have been halved this year. As a reminder - EVERY offseason, fans of the Bills refill with optimism...Also - now that we have done well? What has gone great - some good picks in theory, but they need to pan out as they transiiton to new systems and positions. this run on tickets is exceptional by any standard.... Look, I am realistic about the steps taken, but again, the ticket rush is an unqualified success for the team.

Dude - I grew up and lived in Buffalo for 30 years...I live a scant 4.5 hours away. Disposable income in WNY is fractional compared to most other cities. Granted, economic downtimes impact WNY less than other area's, but only because during boom times, there is barely a fizzle in WNY. If you cannot recognize this, you are fooling yourself. Look, I think WNY is great, but with regards to the economic condition in WNY, it is what it is.

Okay, I guess we have to agree to disagree. I travel quite a bit for my job & I really do not see where this high quality of life that people think they have in other cities is coming from. I was in NYC last week & this branch manager took me out golfing. Private course, it was nice, but the branch manager made it out to be like it was the second coming of Augusta. I would compare it to a slightly above average Public Course in WNY. I wish I could remember the name of it. Then he takes thru this neighborhood & says "aren't these house beautiful, I bet you do not see anything like this in Buffalo". I felt like telling him there are way more nicer houses then this in buffalo." I go to south florida 2 or 3 times a year. The place if you hit the right spots are beautifull & awesome & there are no town like it in this country. But venture a little bit off the beaten track & it truly looks like a 3rd world country. The lower/average end houses there are disgusting.

1) The Bills have been 7-9, not 0-16. That makes them a tease.

2) Bills tickets are still affordable and you can easily resell any games you don't make.

3) Hope always builds in the off-season

4) Going to games is still a blast.

PTR