If another draft was held today...

I do not post too often and I rarely start a thread, but I can't help feeling a little uneasy since the draft. I like our draft overall, but I seem to remember what are needs were before the draft, and find myself thinking those are still needs. Before the draft I believed we needed, DE, OLB, OT, OG, DT, TE. So I asked myself "If another draft was held today, what would be our positions of need?"

I came up with OLB, OT, DT, and another DE. 4 of the 6 positions I thought we needed before the draft. I'm not confident in the safety to LB experiment that is being planned, and I would really like another DE for security. I really think we need another DT next to Stroud badly. OT is not as scary to me as it is to others here, but I still wish we could have gotten a "pure" LT either in the draft or FA. I'm hoping all this is 9 years of paranoia, and that the Bills will be fine.

Anyway I thought I'd ask the questions to the masses and see how they would answer...

"If another draft was held today, what would be our positions of need?"

I do not post too often and I rarely start a thread, but I can't help feeling a little uneasy since the draft. I like our draft overall, but I seem to remember what are needs were before the draft, and find myself thinking those are still needs. Before the draft I believed we needed, DE, OLB, OT, OG, DT, TE. So I asked myself "If another draft was held today, what would be our positions of need?"

I came up with OLB, OT, DT, and another DE. 4 of the 6 positions I thought we needed before the draft. I'm not confident in the safety to LB experiment that is being planned, and I would really like another DE for security. I really think we need another DT next to Stroud badly. OT is not as scary to me as it is to others here, but I still wish we could have gotten a "pure" LT either in the draft or FA. I'm hoping all this is 9 years of paranoia, and that the Bills will be fine.

Anyway I thought I'd ask the questions to the masses and see how they would answer...

I sure expected them to draft a DT or LB on day two. Finishing up with 3 DBs seemed...odd.

I couldn't believe they passed on E. Brown. We could've walked away with bookend DE's for the next six years. And, immediately, one of them could've filled in on the WLB position on running downs. That was my big question mark. And, into the fifth round and on, I'm surprised they didn't go for a natural LB. The DT position was pretty weak, so I'm not surprised by that. But I predict everyone is going to regret passing on Everette Brown. I'm hoping the Bills prove to be smarter than me by picking Maybin and leaving it at that.

You guys seem to be thinking the same as me.

I realize you can't fill all your needs in one draft, and that you need to try and select guys that are the best at your pick.

I was watching the NFL Network and they mentioned that NE sets they're draft board by groups of players. Meaning that they target a group of players rather than a single player at a certain position in the draft. For example they may have a short list of guys they are hoping will be available with their first pick in round 2. When their pick comes up they see which players are still there and select the best out of that group. This way they get the best player available at a position of need. This just makes so much sense to me. I just can't believe that's what the Bills do. I think they make one long list of players and select the player that is rated highest at that point. Also it make you have to trade up to get a player that you think will be gone when you select rather than select what come to you. Just my opinion as messed up as it may be. <_<

I couldn't believe they passed on E. Brown. We could've walked away with bookend DE's for the next six years. And, immediately, one of them could've filled in on the WLB position on running downs. That was my big question mark. And, into the fifth round and on, I'm surprised they didn't go for a natural LB. The DT position was pretty weak, so I'm not surprised by that. But I predict everyone is going to regret passing on Everette Brown. I'm hoping the Bills prove to be smarter than me by picking Maybin and leaving it at that.

Then what do we do about the interior of the O-line. We cant have it all and the D wasn't bad last year and was probably better than it looked given the lack of offense. A monster Defense meens nothing if you can't even get a field goal.

LT and OLB. OLB was a huge need even before Peters was traded and Dockery released which created two more unnecessary holes. The Bills just keep spinning their wheels. <_<

...I came up with OLB, OT, DT, and another DE. 4 of the 6 positions I thought we needed before the draft. I'm not confident in the safety to LB experiment that is being planned, and I would really like another DE for security.

I share your concern about S to LB. It's about the T-2 D and 'swift' cover backers. If this is to be Jauron & staff's last season here and a new regime wants to go to 3-4, we'll have nobody currently who can play it effectively. DT remains a concern, but I'm OK with OT for now. We'll see.