Jim Kelly

newsflash - its hard to find good NFL QBs. Esp with expansion and the increase in defensive speed. we have a GREAT, HOF qb. right now there are what, 2 of those in the game? Manning and Brady? And a couple of all stars - ala Boomer Esiason types? - Cutler, Hassleback, McNabb. Enjoy the fact our Franchise even HAS a HOF qb. and hope that Trent moves into All Pro status soon - had he not been hurt in Arizona we might speak differently of him... It clearly affected him all year long

I agree with you a HOF QB comes once in a life time except if your the 49'ers and have Steave Young to replace Joe Montana.The hit that Trent took last season defintly made him gun shy the rest of the way it was just something I don't think he rembers but it afected him in the back of his mind.

Todd Collins

Billy Joe Hobert

Alex Van Pelt

Rob Johnson

Doug Flutie

Drew Bledsoe

JP Losman

Kelly Holcomb

Trent Edwards

:lol:<_<

How about Travis Brown and Craig Nall? They had all the physical tools...

The guys on the first list actually started regular season games for the Bills.

In a perfect world, his son would have been healthy. How much longer would he have played for the Bills?

I think he was ready to retire. You have to remember he was beat up in the USFL before he played for Buffalo. He made the wise choice because his talent was on the down swing. He isn't the idiot Brett Favre is alsways trying to come back.

Jim Kelly officially announced his retirement on Jan. 31, 1997, 10 days after Marv Levy and John Butler informed him that he was no longer in the team's plans. (Source: Relentless.) Hunter Kelly was born on Feb. 14, 1997, and wasn't diagnosed with Krabbe leukodystrophy until June. Ergo, Hunter's illness had no effect on Jim's decision to retire.

Levy and Butler made a bad decision IMO. I thought Kelly retired way too soon.

Football wears on ones body epically a position like QB where you could get a direct hit unprotected at any snap. Kelley had enough and I think that if he could not play at least at an above average starter level he did not want to play. 36 in most sports is not too old usually means you have like three to five years left but in football it takes a lot of commitment to play at that age and Kelly just didn't want to do so much only to be an above average QB.

If you read blindside it makes a good point of how most athletes want to go home safely and cash their checks. They want to win but most athletes want to remain healthy and live their lives and Kelley looked at the fact that he just had a son and was getting older he had no reason to carry on if it meant risking his health.

Football wears on ones body epically a position like QB where you could get a direct hit unprotected at any snap. Kelley had enough and I think that if he could not play at least at an above average starter level he did not want to play. 36 in most sports is not too old usually means you have like three to five years left but in football it takes a lot of commitment to play at that age and Kelly just didn't want to do so much only to be an above average QB.

If you read blindside it makes a good point of how most athletes want to go home safely and cash their checks. They want to win but most athletes want to remain healthy and live their lives and Kelley looked at the fact that he just had a son and was getting older he had no reason to carry on if it meant risking his health.

That's nice. But what I'm wondering, is how you managed to misspell Kelly.