Do you feel this years team is an improvement over last years?

I think the o-line will be a real problem next year, but with future potential. We will miss Peters, and moving Walker to LT weakens both tackle positions. Wood and Levitre may become very good players, but it is unreasonable to assume that they both will be strong starters next year since they are inexperienced and will be learning new positions. With Peters, Dockery, Fowler/Preston and Royal all departing, there will a lot of new faces on the o-line next year, and they will need time to develop and gel. Unfortunately, our offense may be stymied while they try to do so.

I think the o-line will be a real problem next year, but with future potential. We will miss Peters, and moving Walker to LT weakens both tackle positions. Wood and Levitre may become very good players, but it is unreasonable to assume that they both will be strong starters next year since they are inexperienced and will be learning new positions. With Peters, Dockery, Fowler/Preston and Royal all departing, there will a lot of new faces on the o-line next year, and they will need time to develop and gel. Unfortunately, our offense may be stymied while they try to do so.

I think that the bills will miss Peters a lot but Guard is one of the few positions that a rookie can step in and produce. Over the years I have seen a lot of teams spend high picks on guards ( low first and early second round picks ) and those players have contributed right away. BUT this oline has two returning starters and maybe no one returning at their positions from the previous year. An oline usually takes 2 full seasons playing together to gel completely into a unit and its hard for any o line to incorporate 2 new starters let alone 3 and move around the other 2 starters to new spots.

DJ is a defensive minded coach. We cannot fault him for the lack of talent, youth or the fact that we have to play the Patriots twice a year. Two almost sure fire losses, what if we didn't play the Patriots, 9-7, 10-6 suddenly looks allot more possible doesn't it.

For us to be successful, we have to be able to beat the best team in the NFL. A team that nobody can beat with Tom Brady pulling the trigger, but its got to be done.

I believe the Buffalo Bills are close to having the right ingredients to compete with the Patriots and possibly beat them this season and our Defense and DJ is the main reason why.

I don't fault DJ for lack of talent. I, and and a lot of others, fault him for not developing the talent this team has as well as for plain crappy coaching and clock mismanagement. There is talent on the Bills. This coaching staff makes almost zero use of it. The excuse that he is a "defensive minded coach" is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for his well documented coaching mistakes and crappy record. Tom Coughlin is a defensive minded coach. Mike Tomlin is a defensive minded coach. John Harbaugh is a defensive minded coach. So is Mike Smith. All of those guys came up through the ranks as defensive coaches.

It's about time to stop ignoring the elephant in the room. Put a bona fide top tier HC at the helm and see what happens. If the Bills flop then, I'll admit I was wrong. Jauron was out coached last year and will continue to get out coached by the likes of Belichick, Sparano, and a host of others.

Bum Phillips said of Tom Landry, "He can take his'n and beat your'n, then he can take your'n and beat his'n". No one will EVER say that about the so-called defensive minded Jauron.

I wounder if DJ would have been fired if Gruden was fired earlier than he was. I think the reason DJ wasn't fired was a result of both his contract extension and not a whole lot of good options as head coaching candidates out there. If you look at who was hired this off season the only coach hired with head coaching experience was Mangini.

I think if Gruden was available a little earlier they would have pulled the trigger and hired him he won a SB playing the D we play right now.

Ah yes, the old take-a-look-at-my-own-assumptions-about-the-team-ignore-the-schedule-and-make-up-a-record game.

Sorry, I didn't know this thread required me to go through the entire schedule. Here you go:

Week 1 Mon, Sep 14 @ New England Patriots Loss 0-1-0

Week 2 Sun, Sep 20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Win 1-1-0

Week 3 Sun, Sep 27 New Orleans Saints Win 2-1-0

Week 4 Sun, Oct 04 @ Miami Dolphins Loss 2-2-0

Week 5 Sun, Oct 11 Cleveland Browns Win 3-2-0

Week 6 Sun, Oct 18 @ New York Jets Win 4-2-0

Week 7 Sun, Oct 25 @ Carolina Panthers Loss 4-3-0

Week 8 Sun, Nov 01 Houston Texans Win 5-3-0

Week 9 Sun, Nov 08 BYE

Week 10 Sun, Nov 15 @ Tennessee Titans Loss 5-4-0

Week 11 Sun, Nov 22 @ Jacksonville Jaguars Win 6-4-0

Week 12 Sun, Nov 29 Miami Dolphins Win 7-4-0

Week 13 Thu, Dec 03 New York Jets (Toronto) Win 8-4-0

Week 14 Sun, Dec 13 @ Kansas City Chiefs Win 9-4-0

Week 15 Sun, Dec 20 New England Patriots Loss 9-5-0

Week 16 Sun, Dec 27 @ Atlanta Falcons Win 10-5-0

Week 17 Sun, Jan 03 Indianapolis Colts Loss 10-6-0

Winning at Atlanta could be overly optimistic, so the best record we should expect from this year's Bills may very will be 9-7-0 instead of my above 10-6-0. Either way, yes, this is a tough schedule, so I am really being hopeful that they can pull this off!

I hate when people look at the schedule and do win loss win and than put a cap on wins. There are always two to three games you put as a sure fire win that suddenly become hard games. And than you look at two to three sure fire loses and they turn into wins.

did anyone at the beginning of last season think we would have lost to Miami twice or beat Jacksonville at Jacksonville and San Diego . So I don't put much stock into using a schedule to rate wins and loses I just take a look at my roster and the division rivals and see who is the best or where the bills rank. And right now I see the bills right around the Jets and Fins but still short of the Pats