From an ACTUAL Source

Even if Lindell makes the FG at the end of the Cleveland game, it's still a bad decision. How many coaches would call three runs into the line when losing at the end of the game? A 47 yarder at the Ralph is no easy task, and if anyone should know that, it's the Bills head coach.

Schonert: There's one minute left, coach. We're looking at about a 50 yarder field goal into a solid wind. Cleveland still has 3 time outs. We should make them use them by running into the line.

Smart person following Jauron with wires: I dunno. We should try and get closer, or at least spread the field.

Jauron: Turk's my guy! Don't ever let anyone say I'm disloyal!

With a QB like Losman, why take the risk with a lead? It's still a foolish call even it if works.

Schonert : Let's take our lame backup QB (who you benched in favor of Edwards) and ask him to seal the victory.

Jauron: Sounds like a plan! Cheers! I hope it comes across that I'm a great guy to work with!

Week 10. Bills are losing 10-3. It's 4th and 3 with one minute left in the first half and Buffalo's at the Patriots 39 yard line. Jauron punts. Why? Because the Bills are a "second half team" against the Patriots? His neurons are not firing on all cylinders. He's aggressive when he should be conservative, conservative when he should be aggressive.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Lindell makes the FG at the end of the Cleveland game, it's still a bad decision. How many coaches would call three runs into the line when losing at the end of the game? A 47 yarder at the Ralph is no easy task, and if anyone should know that, it's the Bills head coach.

Schonert: There's one minute left, coach. We're looking at about a 50 yarder field goal into a solid wind. Cleveland still has 3 time outs. We should make them use them by running into the line.

Smart person following Jauron with wires: I dunno. We should try and get closer, or at least spread the field.

Jauron: Turk's my guy! Don't ever let anyone say I'm disloyal!

Up that point Lynch averaged 5.3 ypc and Trent was 16/26 with 3 ints.

With a QB like Losman, why take the risk with a lead? It's still a foolish call even it if works.

Schonert : Let's take our lame backup QB (who you benched in favor of Edwards) and ask him to seal the victory.

Jauron: Sounds like a plan! Cheers! I hope it comes across that I'm a great guy to work with!

The end result of that play is not a real "risk." Sure, it's always a POSSIBILITY, but a fumble recovery returned 30 yards for a TD isn't a "risk" in ANY situation unless you consider it a "risk" in EVERY situation.

Nobody in their right mind plans for that to happen, no matter who your QB is. You say Jauron put Losman in a position to fail, I say he put him in a position to succeed and Losman failed. You won't change my mind about this.

Week 10. Bills are losing 10-3. It's 4th and 3 with one minute left in the first half and Buffalo's at the Patriots 39 yard line. Jauron punts. Why? Because the Bills are a "second half team" against the Patriots? His neurons are not firing on all cylinders. He's aggressive when he should be conservative, conservative when he should be aggressive.

I think this is the weakest example of all, and unlike the other ones you've given, I can't see both sides to this one without factoring in extreme behavior. Going for it on 4th and 3 = extreme. Attempting a field goal might prove even more extreme because unlike the failure of 4th down attempt, missing the field goal nets the Pats an additional 7 yards, putting them right around mid-field with a minute to go.

Up that point Lynch averaged 5.3 ypc and Trent was 16/26 with 3 ints.

Which was precisely the rationale he used to give the ball to Losman vs Jets.

Always keep the other side guessing.

Playing hard without as much talent will only get you so far. IIRC, when this discussion started last year, people said DJ was good because his guys played hard for him. They probably did, but average players with below average to average coaching produces mediocrity.

You could field a team of UDFA's who play hard, but they'll probably not win many games. It takes more than playing hard to win in the NFL. And that's where my issues with DJ begin: his teams, beginning with Chicago in 99, didn't draft well. I'm referring to 99 and 00 when he had personnel control before Jerry Angelo arrived.

Agree, but I think the team had enough talent to at least make an appearance as a wild card last year. I don't think the players played to their potential. The mid-season negotiations with Jauron, Evans, etc. I think were a distraction along with JP not playing hard. Players need to demand more of themselves and their teammates and the FO needs to do contracts in the offseason and let everyone focus on football from September to January/February.

Which was precisely the rationale he used to give the ball to Losman vs Jets.

Always keep the other side guessing.

Right but, in one case we ran losing and in the other we passed winning.

At least Jauron CONSISTENTLY did the opposite of what people thought he should! :)

The Losman fumble play against the Jets was a CALLED PASS TO THE FULLBACK. Losman saw the FB blocking a full out blitz and rolled right ON HIS OWN. And I may add that he probably was hoping that our All-Pro LT would be able to get a piece of the blitzing corner on the outside left. As we now know, the corner treated Peters like a parking meter and ran right past Jason's whiff.

After the game, Turk said JP should have thrown the ball away quickly because it was a busted play. Turk called the play - not Jauron

Get yer facts straight.

The Losman fumble play against the Jets was a CALLED PASS TO THE FULLBACK. Losman saw the FB blocking a full out blitz and rolled right ON HIS OWN. And I may add that he probably was hoping that our All-Pro LT would be able to get a piece of the blitzing corner on the outside left. As we now know, the corner treated Peters like a parking meter and ran right past Jason's whiff.

After the game, Turk said JP should have thrown the ball away quickly because it was a busted play. Turk called the play - not Jauron

Get yer facts straight.

Reason, hmmph!

Also, if the blitz was such a jailbreak, the defense must have tipped Losman before the play. IIRC the clock was stopped by a NYJ timeout, that would have been a perfectly acceptable time for JP to burn one of ours and think things over. Or--hold your breath--he could have audibled.

I'm not in the slightest bit ashamed of my support of Dick Jauron.

The reasons I support Dick (couldn't help the dick joke) were once again confirmed tonight.

Just one more person who's worked with Jauron and who has nothing but praises for him. My source is an informed guy. He considers Dick a friend from Dick's time here in Chicago. He knows him professionally. He's seen Jauron in the locker room. He referred to him as the one of the most "under rated coaches in the league."

I feel bad blowing up my source in light of recent events, if you're truly curious about his identity, you're welcomed to PM me and I'll give you all the details about my source, so long as he stays private.

I won't respond to your PM if I've never heard of you.

This is all arbitrary. A coach is measured on wins. He has surrounded himself with sh^tty coordinators, made bad gametime decisions, and has not brought the team even close to the playoffs...but he has merit.

The only testament we need to his coaching ability is the ability to bring us to the promised land.

This is all arbitrary. A coach is measured on wins. He has surrounded himself with sh^tty coordinators, made bad gametime decisions, and has not brought the team even close to the playoffs...but he has merit.

The only testament we need to his coaching ability is the ability to bring us to the promised land.

Really? You responded to the original post of an 11 page thread? Really?

I CAN NOT believe you are still trying to argue your point after 11 pages. VERY FEW Bills fans believe in Dick...........................You are going to change NOBODYS mind about that.

Believe it.

Change their minds today? No way.

Sew them seeds of doubt? You bet!

Dibs on saying I always supported the guy who will someday be called the greatest coach (any sport) of all time? Check! :)

Get yer facts straight.

You need to tell Coach Dick to get his facts straight. His facts do not agree with yours.

Is that you...Turk Schonert?

Has he mentioned yet that he knew Bill Walsh and burning first half TO's is no big deal?

Agree, but I think the team had enough talent to at least make an appearance as a wild card last year. I don't think the players played to their potential. The mid-season negotiations with Jauron, Evans, etc. I think were a distraction along with JP not playing hard. Players need to demand more of themselves and their teammates and the FO needs to do contracts in the offseason and let everyone focus on football from September to January/February.

I think they had the talent to win 10 games last season. That would not have been good enough for a post-season appearance, but it'd be a step in the right direction.

Jauron is part of the problem. He partners with an inept front office which usually makes the wrong move and is constantly in a state of flux. Combined with a HC who is a career 57-76 and winless in 8 seasons of HC'ing, it makes for the scenario we have now: unending mediocrity.

You are correct. And it makes it doubly hard to build the roster considering you have to rebuild it every three years. After all, you can't hit it with every single draft pick & FA acquisition.

It takes an excellent management team to get the staggering ROI like the Bills had on their 2006 re-tooling.

Has he mentioned yet that he knew Bill Walsh and burning first half TO's is no big deal?

I think they had the talent to win 10 games last season. That would not have been good enough for a post-season appearance, but it'd be a step in the right direction.

Jauron is part of the problem. He partners with an inept front office which usually makes the wrong move and is constantly in a state of flux. Combined with a HC who is a career 57-76 and winless in 8 seasons of HC'ing, it makes for the scenario we have now: unending mediocrity.

We SHOULD have won 11 games last year.

Epic meltdowns cost us the CLE, SF, MIA1, and NYJ2 games. And those are just ones you can't split hairs over.

We SHOULD have won 11 games last year.

Epic meltdowns cost us the CLE, SF, MIA1, and NYJ2 games. And those are just ones you can't split hairs over.

Nope, you can't split hairs over those. It was DJ and his staff that blew those games.

CLE (MNF) After seeing multiple 3-4 defenses, Buffalo finally figured out to run when Crennel put 6-7 into coverage. But alas, we ran three times to settle for a FG which the kicker missed from about 47. Great odds there.

SF Another game I was personally at. Trent goes down and the Bills muster 3 points against ROOKIE HC Mike Singletary and a mediocre SF team starting Shaun Hill at QB. Lynch ran well, but not putting it into the EZ hurts.

MIA DJ decides to start a wounded McGee, who is torched by Ted Ginn. A certain first rounder is healthy, but does not play. ROOKIE HC Tony Sparano outcoached the more experienced DJ all day.

NYJ (Away) Nice call on the Losman roll-out. The old FB pass, fools em every time. Brilliance. Marcus Stroud was allegedly heard after the game saying, "run the damn ball." But he's a nice coach, and Marcus was probably not upset long after.

A common theme was the rookie OC with more than 10 years as a QB coach. After 10 years in the NFL as a position coach, guys usually aren't cut out to be promoted. Not Turk(ey), he's just what the DJ ordered. Another one of the great hires DJ made, among Steve Fairchild, Gary Crowton, and John Shoop. Those are some talents there.

How about some other games from years past:

DET 06-Kitna finds Roy Williams all day before DJ finally put Clements on him late in the third. Buffalo loses to the hapless Lions.

IND 06-negative yardage in the RZ. How does a team do that? Answer-by not throwing the ball downfield. Only score came on a McGee returned fumble. The final score was closer than it really was.

NE 06-Got an early gift with Spikes' sack on Brady which was returned by Fletcher. Had a halftime lead, but a safety when Losman is called to pass from his goal-line has the comeback at Gilette.

DEN 07-Remember that circus at the end. Buffalo really did lose that game.

DAL (MNF) 07-Oh this game. Not playing M2M at the end and allowing a catch to set up the kicker from 55. DJ calls TO, and afterward the kicker does it again.

How many examples of winnable games do you want in three seasons?

I get it, this is a 180 post joke, right. You're not serious about DJ, his likability, or his yet to be discovered talent after more than 30 years in the NFL as a player or coach.

Really? You responded to the original post of an 11 page thread? Really?

Isn't the original post the first one you read? Sorry dude. I couldn't get past the semi-name drop, self-importance of the email.

Relax, just because I made you look like a highschool girl caring about he said she said nonsense doesn't mean you have to act like one.