Bills sign OT Joel Bell

Joel Bell is a great pickup. many scouts had a third round grade on this OT. Way to go Buffalo.

Orion martin is great pickup too. How bad was the Ellis pick???? Martin replaced him and had similar if not better numbers. Same position, same system.

What NFL scouts ? LINK ??? Obviously scouts without much influence in the selection process. That being said, he did pick the right team to go to. If he were to pan out you could be looking at OL as a position of strength for years to come ------------> Levitre, Wood, Bell, possibly D. Bell, Butler etc. 2010 could be a VERY good year if these guys develop.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard of a lot of two year deals for UDFA, and it may even be the norm for the first wave. But I don't recall seeing any three year deals before. Granted, they hardly ever mention the contracts these guys sign, although I do know sometimes they end up paying as much for an UDFA that they do for a 7th round pick if there is a mini-bidding war for them. But I would think that a three year deal is rather rare. Of course, it doesn't cost the team much if they keep him or cut him, and they should probably sign all these guys to three year deals just in case one of them surprises you. This guy seems to have a chance though. I'd be surprised if he is not on the PS this year.

3-year deals for priority UDFA's seem to be becoming more the norm, with 2-years still the norm for low-expectation guys.

I'm sure they'd like to stash him on the PS for a year, but If he shows reasonably well at Fisher, they may have to promote him to the roster. His measurables are not that far off of some of the top OTs drafted on day one.