Thank you Buffalo Bills

We filled some of the immediate needs and got some of the best players available. I like what I saw. Here's to the playoffs this season!

I am pretty happy myself, although maybe a little confused with the first pick. Playoffs? Lets see if these guys can play at this level first, the draft is a crap shoot. Remember Mike Williams, he was going to be our LT for years.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I've been so unhappy the past three years when the season ends. I've predicted playoffs every year and so maybe if I say they won't make the playoffs I'll reverse the curse

Ditto on this. I'm happy with the first few picks, but I didn't see the need to stock up on CBs. Perhaps, as others have said, those CBs could turn into safeties, but it just smacks of another Jauron-type of draft.

We'll see what happens when Maybin (who I think is very much like a Dwight Freeney) and Schobel are on the field together.

Ditto on this. I'm happy with the first few picks, but I didn't see the need to stock up on CBs. Perhaps, as others have said, those CBs could turn into safeties, but it just smacks of another Jauron-type of draft.

We'll see what happens when Maybin (who I think is very much like a Dwight Freeney) and Schobel are on the field together.

I don't see how that particularly sweetens the deal. After CB and WR, safety was probably our 3rd strongest/deepest position heading in to the draft. Whitner hasn't lived up to his billing, but he's a good player at either safety spot, Ryan Scott is a decent starter, and Wendling and Wilson are decent backups. (I'm assuming Ko Simpson is long gone.) Meanwhile, our only real LT on the roster is a major project 7th-rounder from last year. And over at DT, even though we allegedly play a heavy rotational scheme, we had only 3 DTs dress for games last year, and we've added none to the roster.

Having said all that, I should point out that I overall kinda liked the draft. I love the fact that they looked to truly shore up the interior of the O-line, and maybe make it a strength of the team instead of just slapping on a band-aid. And grabbing Nelson in the 4th was a major steal. A lot of people had him as #2 after Pettigrew, and I think he has more potential to become a 2-way TE than most of the other guys in this draft. Honestly, if the Bills had gone Levitre instead of Byrd, then traded up for (preferably) Will Beatty or a DT, I'd be excited.

Not that it means much but many of the talking heads were very impressed by the talent pool we came away with and most people seem to give us a concensus of an A- draft. I thought we did very well with our first six picks, though the last two had me scratching my head. The pickup of Joel Bell in UDFA was a great get considering that most people thought he would be taken in the draft and he is another strong T candidate that we can work with and improve. Possible starting material in two or three years.

The two linemen we drafted were top rated at their positions, and should provide an immediate impact on the O-Line and Maybin is a serious upgrade from Kelsay/Denney on day one in terms of pass rush. Overall, this was a good draft, no matter what the haters and perennial glass totally empty people might want to believe.