(OT) College hockey rocks! Go Big Red!

duey

If you've never seen a Cornell hockey home game at Lynah Rink, you've missed a true experience! This is just one reason why...

"Cornell is on notice that if the game is delayed because of fish on the ice or if other disruptive, unsportsmanlike conduct from the fans occurs (particularly the throwing of objects at players or officials), the Big Red will be penalized. Cornell University Police will be checking everyone at the entrances to Lynah and confiscating fish. Throwing objects onto the ice is prohibited and violators are subject to expulsion from the rink."

http://cornellbigred.collegesports.com/spo.../110404aaa.html

I can't wait until tomorrow...I'll be at Lynah, fish in hand. I love hockey, and watching the Sabres is great, however after going to Cornell, I can tell you, there is no sporting venue in the world better than Lynah Rink. Its small and very emotionally charged, one of the few places I've watched a game where people stand up when the puck is dropped and don't sit down until intermission.

If you ever get a chance to go to a hockey game there (especially against Harvard), take it...any sports fan would appreciate the energy for the game.

Lets go Red!!

Watching Harvard players get pelted with fish is a pretty cool experience, and even worth the minor penalty assessed.

The funny thing is is that everyone has to sneak the fish in, but when you walk into the rink that's all you could smell so you knew it was coming. Sure enough Harvard comes out for their warmup and out come the fish from Section A&B onto the ice.

The tradition ended shortly after Schaeffer took over (or at least when I was there it ended).