The Patriots

Check out Bill Walsh's draft with the 49ers in 86. He made a whole bunch of trades, and ended up getting a lot of guys like Tim McKyer, Tom Rathman, Charles Haley, John Taylor, OT Steve Wallace, Don Griffin.

I think this draft will be more remembered for the 2nd through 4th rounders than the top picks. JMO, but this draft seems reminiscent of the 86 draft.

Check out Bill Walsh's draft with the 49ers in 86. He made a whole bunch of trades, and ended up getting a lot of guys like Tim McKyer, Tom Rathman, Charles Haley, John Taylor, OT Steve Wallace, Don Griffin.

I think this draft will be more remembered for the 2nd through 4th rounders than the top picks. JMO, but this draft seems reminiscent of the 86 draft.

I think it's a reflection of the economic reality of the NFL now. Why pay 4 times as much for a 1st round pick when you can get 4 2nd round picks for the same price?

It's about overall value now.

How many trades have they made? 50? I'm sure there's a smart method behind the madness, but my god.

Next years draft is stacked with premiere defensive talent now armed with 2 2nd rd picks next year. I fully expect ne will go full throttle looking to trade up for someone like Taylor Mays or heaven forbid Carlos Dunlap. I know they have wilfork and now Ron Brace, but there's also the Man Mountain Cody coming out next year as well

Seems to me like years ago the Patriots used to draft very well. For the last several, they keep making trades and stockpiling top picks for the following year, everyone says how great they did -- then they don't draft great players high, and the next year with all those extra top picks they do the same thing and never use them.