Will Scheffler be traded?

Fingon

Denver took Richard Quinn of UNC in the 2nd round, and i'm starting to think that the Broncos will move Scheffler tomorrow.

No doubt about it--I'm hoping it's to us somehow (if we can, for ex., get a third round pick for one of our castoffs, since I'm sure that's going to be the price).....

Considering they already have Graham to start, there is no doubt they are moving Scheffler and very likely already have a deal in place. Unfortunately, without a third, it's probably not the Bills. But I would trade a player like Ko or Kelsay or even Roscoe and a 4th for him and would be very happy with this draft.

Considering they already have Graham to start, there is no doubt they are moving Scheffler and very likely already have a deal in place. Unfortunately, without a third, it's probably not the Bills. But I would trade a player like Ko or Kelsay or even Roscoe and a 4th for him and would be very happy with this draft.

I'd hate to part with Roscoe, but based on need, and available talent, that is a scenario I could take. I'd prefer they take Kelsay, though.

If they can't make the deal for Shef, I wouldn't mind them trading to get into Rd #3, get a quality TE and then have one more (I think) pick later on. That would make this a terrific draft, IMO.

he has 12 career catches... he is not schefflers replacement. he is a blocker.

Oh really?

How about North Carolina didn't use their tight ends in the passing game because they had 3 legit NFL receivers to throw to? How about Butch Davis saying how good of a receiver Quinn was? How about him catching the ball with ease at his pro day and the combine? But you're right. Stats don't like. He is obviously a blocker, just based on stats alone.

Oh really?

How about North Carolina didn't use their tight ends in the passing game because they had 3 legit NFL receivers to throw to? How about Butch Davis saying how good of a receiver Quinn was? How about him catching the ball with ease at his pro day and the combine? But you're right. Stats don't like. He is obviously a blocker, just based on stats alone.

I have to say you have to REALLY like a guy to draft him in the 2nd round, based on his very brief time at the position coupled with the extremely limited production from those games. This kid is ALL potential with nothing that should bump him this high in the draft.

I'm not saying he isn't good and won't be a terrific NFL player...he might. But, a guy like that in the 2nd round? Like I said, you have to really like the guy.

I guess they really liked the guy.

I have to say you have to REALLY like a guy to draft him in the 2nd round, based on his very brief time at the position coupled with the extremely limited production from those games. This kid is ALL potential with nothing that should bump him this high in the draft.

I'm not saying he isn't good and won't be a terrific NFL player...he might. But, a guy like that in the 2nd round? Like I said, you have to really like the guy.

I guess they really liked the guy.

my thoughts exactly

Referencing a college player's stats is pretty useless. How many passes did Antonio Gates catch in college? Did he even play college football? Would he have been worthy of a 2nd round pick, in hindsight?

I know it's a rare case, speaking about Gates. But you don't draft a "blocking" tight end in the 2nd round. Some TE's made good careers for themselves as blockers that were taken high (Bruener, Brady), but they weren't drafted that high for their blocking that's for sure.

As far as Scheffler goes, something has to be up there. Graham is a good player, and the old regime at least really liked Nate Jackson too. I believe he started over Scheffler for a couple of games early in the season. So I'm sure he gets moved. He would be a really nice pickup for the Bills...I just hope they don't overpay. The guy is a really good deep threat for a tight end and could do a lot of good things in Buffalo.