Bottom Line: Bills Picked Up 3 Starters on Day One

rolly

IMO, Wood (C, G) Byrd (FS) and Levitre (G) will all start in the opener. Maybin will see snaps on 3rd downs and obvious passing situations, with hopefully more responsibility as the season progresses.

I consider day one a success, and I think they've improved this team more than we realize. These are not flashy picks (see orakpo, brown) but they addressed areas of needs which will make this team better. Not a perfect day one, but I would give it a B+.

If they can pick up a TE and OLB from here on out, I would consider the entire draft a success. GO BILLS!

IMO, Wood (C, G) Byrd (FS) and Levitre (G) will all start in the opener. Maybin will see snaps on 3rd downs and obvious passing situations, with hopefully more responsibility as the season progresses.

I consider day one a success, and I think they've improved this team more than we realize. These are not flashy picks (see orakpo, brown) but they addressed areas of needs which will make this team better. Not a perfect day one, but I would give it a B+.

If they can pick up a TE and OLB from here on out, I would consider the entire draft a success. GO BILLS!

I say start them all. Kelsay has showed he is a log since the FO resigned him.

I say start them all. Kelsay has showed he is a log since the FO resigned him.

I would love to see maybin start, but I just don't see it happening right away since he's played one year at end. Who knows, hopefully this will actually motivate kelsay to visit the backfield from time to time. :huh:

What about moving maybin back to LB instead of DE?

That would be interesting, but how is he in coverage? How is his tackling? Has he played OLB before? Forgive me, but I don't know a ton about him other than his last season.

it doesn't matter who starts - given the fact the bills play their DL in waves all 4 DE's will see plenty of time

I'm thinking that the bills will pick up an OLB in free agency as well as in day two tomorrow.

After the Jairus Byrd pick I was scratching my head, and had to stop watching the coverage because I had to drive home from work. I wondered what the hell the FO was thinking taking another CB in the second round. Seeing that we traded back up into the second and took one of the top three G prospects in the draft, I'm starting to think maybe the FO did know what they were doing. And if the plan was to play Byrd at safety when they drafted him, the Bills have addressed four positions of greatest need right away. G, C, S, and DE. This is turning into a pretty good draft. I just hope we didn't have to give up too much to get back into the second round to get our guy.