So I am reading the article on Losman...

ICE

Yeah lets put our future QB at risk by playing him. 

BRILLIANT!!!

You don't rehab a broken leg by having him play a football game.  His leg is barely even healed yet.  He needs to gain strength in the leg by building the muscles back up.  The muscles will help protect that leg.  Hell he could break it again just by tripping over someone's foot.

I am sorry but someone's supposed ego doesn't come before letting a kid heal.  Nobody is that cruel.

102724[/snapback]

It normally takes 6 weeks to heal a broken bone. JP is suffering from post soreness and swelling from an injury...it is NORMAL. You MUST work through it. As I said Cleveland is 3-4 weeks from now. It would allow him 4 starts which he needs.

"Easily beat the Jets? Did you watch the same game I did? Nothing was easy in that game, we did nothing on offense for 54 minutes. Bledsoe is a has been, this team is going nowhere with him at the helm, nowhere. It is time to move on and prepare for next year as soon as Losman is healthy. Why waste next year and this year."

I didn't mean that the Bills dominated against the JETS. I just meant that if the defense could have stopped the JETS on the final drive of the game, Bledsoe and teh BILLS would have beaten an undefeated team on the road. Not an easy thing to do.

Nobody is saying Bledsoe is a top QB anymore, but against the JETS he was 16 of 29 for 197 yards with two TD's and one pick for a QB rating of 85.

Not great production, but he didn't lose THAT game for the BILLS.

Anyone that thinks the BILLS have a better shot at winning THIS sunday with JP is just flat out wrong.

The kid played at Tulane for christ's sake and hasn't even been able to fully practice in a couple months. No big game experience at all. I'll have more people at my Thanksgiving dinner table than the average number of fans he has played in front of at Tulane.

Now if the Bills lose 3 more games and are mathematiclly eliminated from the playoffs, then I say, hell yeah, let's get the kid some snaps. But until then, as sad as it is, Bledsoe is our best bet.

That being said, is it too early to start drinking??

"Easily beat the Jets? Did you watch the same game I did? Nothing was easy in that game, we did nothing on offense for 54 minutes. Bledsoe is a has been, this team is going nowhere with him at the helm, nowhere. It is time to move on and prepare for next year as soon as Losman is healthy. Why waste next year and this year."

I didn't mean that the Bills dominated against the JETS.  I just meant that if the defense could have stopped the JETS on the final drive of the game,  Bledsoe and teh BILLS would have beaten an undefeated team on the road.  Not an easy thing to do.

Nobody is saying Bledsoe is a top QB anymore,  but against the JETS he was 16 of 29 for 197 yards with two TD's and one pick for a QB rating of 85.

Not great production,  but he didn't lose THAT game for the BILLS.

Anyone that thinks the BILLS have a better shot at winning THIS sunday with JP is just flat out wrong. 

The kid played at Tulane for christ's sake and hasn't even been able to fully practice in a couple months.  No big game experience at all.  I'll have more people at my Thanksgiving dinner table than the average number of fans he has played in front of at Tulane.

Now if the Bills lose 3 more games and are mathematiclly eliminated from the playoffs,  then I say,  hell yeah,  let's get the kid some snaps.  But until then,  as sad as it is,  Bledsoe is our best bet.

That being said,  is it too early to start drinking??

103048[/snapback]

And Rothlesburger played at Miami of OH, not the U of miami. What is your point? The level of play or speed of the game hasn't phazed Roth.

And Rothlesburger played at Miami of OH, not the U of miami. What is your point?  The level of play or speed of the game hasn't phazed Roth.

103085[/snapback]

Which is a good point. With Ben R's recent success, I think this changes how teams treat their rookie QB's. I think a lot more teams will be ready to throw their rookies in right away and expect them to succeed a la Big Ben.

And it makes sense--this whole, "we need to sit our rookie QB on the bench for a year" philosophy fails for a lot of QB's. Look at Carson Palmer--a lot of good it did him to sit on the bench for a year. He's making all the rookie mistakes--only he's now a 2nd year player. And for other QB's who have had success learning on the bench--a la Chad Pennington-- who's to say that he wasn't ready to start from day one? Maybe he could have put up his great numbers if he had started from day one--but we'll never know.

The kid played at Tulane for christ's sake and hasn't even been able to fully practice in a couple months.  No big game experience at all.  I'll have more people at my Thanksgiving dinner table than the average number of fans he has played in front of at Tulane.

Andre Reed sucked (Kutztown St).

Don Beebe sucked (Chadron).

Phil Simms was a punk. (Morehead St)

Jerry Rice? (Mississippi Valley St)

People can either play or they can't. Where they went to school means little. Should we get Gino Torretta to drop his broom because he played for the Hurricanes?

It normally takes 6 weeks to heal a broken bone. JP is suffering from post soreness and swelling from an injury...it is NORMAL.  You MUST work through it.  As I said Cleveland is 3-4 weeks from now. It would allow him 4 starts which he needs.

103019[/snapback]

My apologies as I didn't realize we should now refer to you as Dr. ICE since you not only completed med school in your time away from TSW, but you have been hired as JP's doc. You clearly speak with knowledge and authority about his case which you obviously know in complete detail.

Look, bones certainly do take a normal time to heal from a particular injury, but we have no real idea how severe or mild JPs injury is and how his healing is going. We know what the Bills are telling us, but actually I hope they are lying to the public to the extent the rules allow so as not to give out information to enemy teams.

As customers, I know we want info and the truth, but as a Bills partisan I am happy to see the team flat-out lie to me about a player's physical condition when these lies make it harder for the opposition to know how our players are doing.

JP should play when he is ready and not a moment sooner. If that moment does npt ccur at all this season, it will be a minor bummer, but only minor as I think JP needs lots of work to be truly ready to contribute as an NFL QB. Though facing real opposition and on the field work are essential to his development and he will not develop fully until he plays, the good news for us is that it seems to be necessary for JP to ALSO develop in many ways which can be done off-field so I don't think we will lose much if any time to him becoming a contributing Bill QB of the future if he does not play at all this year.

I disagree with folks who want to rush him along before he is ready to play because they hate Bledsoe so much. Hatred for Bledsoe or confidence that he will not lad this team to glory is not a good reason to rush JP along in a way that hurts his development.

My apologies as I didn't realize we should now refer to you as Dr. ICE since you not only completed med school in your time away from TSW, but you have been hired as JP's doc.  You clearly speak with knowledge and authority about his case which you obviously know in complete detail.

Look, bones certainly do take a normal time to heal from a particular injury, but we have no real idea how severe or mild JPs injury is and how his healing is going.  We know what the Bills are telling us, but actually I hope they are lying to the public to the extent the rules allow so as not to give out information to enemy teams.

As customers, I know we want info and the truth, but as a Bills partisan I am happy to see the team flat-out lie to me about a player's physical condition when these lies make it harder for the opposition to know how our players are doing.

JP should play when he is ready and not a moment sooner.  If that moment does npt ccur at all this season, it will be a minor bummer, but only minor as I think JP needs lots of work to be truly ready to contribute as an NFL QB.  Though facing real opposition and on the field work are essential to his development and he will not develop fully until he plays, the good news for us is that it seems to be necessary for JP to ALSO develop in many ways which can be done off-field so I don't think we will lose much if any time to him becoming a contributing Bill QB of the future if he does not play at all this year.

I disagree with folks who want to rush him along before he is ready to play because they hate Bledsoe so much.  Hatred for Bledsoe or confidence that he will not lad this team to glory is not a good reason to rush JP along in a way that hurts his development.

103116[/snapback]

Gee, you mean all broken bones aren't the same? Football players may need a little longer to return to their jobs than IT guys?

I had no idea. :D

My apologies as I didn't realize we should now refer to you as Dr. ICE since you not only completed med school in your time away from TSW, but you have been hired as JP's doc.  You clearly speak with knowledge and authority about his case which you obviously know in complete detail.

103116[/snapback]

LMFAO :D

Look, bones certainly do take a normal time to heal from a particular injury, but we have no real idea how severe or mild JPs injury is and how his healing is going.  We know what the Bills are telling us, but actually I hope they are lying to the public to the extent the rules allow so as not to give out information to enemy teams.

JP should play when he is ready and not a moment sooner.  If that moment does npt ccur at all this season, it will be a minor bummer, but only minor as I think JP needs lots of work to be truly ready to contribute as an NFL QB.  Though facing real opposition and on the field work are essential to his development and he will not develop fully until he plays, the good news for us is that it seems to be necessary for JP to ALSO develop in many ways which can be done off-field so I don't think we will lose much if any time to him becoming a contributing Bill QB of the future if he does not play at all this year.

I disagree with folks who want to rush him along before he is ready to play because they hate Bledsoe so much.  Hatred for Bledsoe or confidence that he will not lad this team to glory is not a good reason to rush JP along in a way that hurts his development.

103116[/snapback]

Your missing the point Sunny. Everyone is tired of bashing Bledsoe. We need to get JP in the line up so we can direct our pathectic anger at someone else. :D

Damn fatty I didn't know I struck a nerve. Why do I need to be a doctor to know a bone takes 6 weeks to heal. Yeah some take a little more, some less.

Darrin, I guess us IT guys are tougher esp without having a full time medical staff 24/7, best surgeons etc. Must be the average Joe is much tougher than an NFL player. :D

Either way you guys act as if anyone not on the Bills staff knows nothing. Damn folks it's not that big of a deal. Not rocket science. You guys crack me up :blink:

Your missing the point Sunny.  Everyone is tired of bashing Bledsoe.  We need to get JP in the line up so we can direct our pathectic anger at someone else. :D

103137[/snapback]

No we are tied of watching a washed up average QB weigh this team down.

No we are tied of watching a washed up average QB weigh this team down.

103189[/snapback]

Yes Ice we are. However throwing JP in there prematurely is great way to jeopardize the future of the franchise. Just look at the Chargers and Drew Brees situation. He was stuck in the lineup to single handedly save the team, it didn't happen the fans complained and he was done. Had Rivers not held out his potential would have gone unnoticed. I fear that because of fans like you JP will be the next Brees without the second chance. Losman is a kid, he's no where near as mature as Big Ben and others, if groomed correctly he could be great but it will take time.

Either way you guys act as if anyone not on the Bills staff knows nothing. Damn folks it's not that big of a deal. Not rocket science.  You guys crack me up  :P

103186[/snapback]

I don't think it is a sense that anyone not on the Bills staff knows nothing, I think the thing which strikes a nerve is that you seem to pretend that you know everything.

It's silly enough to hear silly pronouncements from a Bills staff which knows a lot of stuff to also hear pronouncements which range from at least debatable to just plain silly stated as a certainty by you.

Specifically, you must be able to read minds as you somehow express stone cold lock certainty about TDs motivations on moves that aren't even possible to make yet. Bledsoe is not being replaced by Losman not because of TDs ego but because Losman is not physically able to do a full practice and even when he is there are mental and mechanical reasons why he may develop better from sitting than he would from playing when he is "Todd Collins" ready to go.

Also, it is possible MW may be moved to LG one day but citing the fact he easily is beaten by a speed rush around the end when there were no sacks last weekend and he received a gameball for his play is certainly no proof of this contention. Even in the bigger picture beyind one game, many of the Bills sack problems have come from up the gut, from someone like Abraham beating Jennings and back coordination which left MW looking wih befuddlement at Pucillo rather than him getting beaten around the end by a speed rush. The observation you make about MWs problem with speed guys at RT simply are not the biggest problem he has.

The internet is certainly a place for claiming more certainty than is rational, but if you do this expect folks to identify them as little more than fact-free opinions.

Damn fatty I didn't know I struck a nerve. Why do I need to be a doctor to know a bone takes 6 weeks to heal.  Yeah some take a little more, some less.

Darrin, I guess us IT guys are tougher esp without having a full time medical staff 24/7, best surgeons etc.  Must be the average Joe is much tougher than an NFL player.  :P

Either way you guys act as if anyone not on the Bills staff knows nothing. Damn folks it's not that big of a deal. Not rocket science.  You guys crack me up  ;)

103186[/snapback]

No, just keep pretending you're an expert when what you are actually doing is sheer speculation. That just never gets old.

I know many people not on the BILLS' staff who know what they are talking about in this arena. Their commentary would also be speculation (though based on years of training, unlike yours), as they haven't seen the XRays, nor interviewed the patient at any time during the process.

That's OK. Keep telling yourself you know what you're talking about. You'll believe it. ;)

HA! I know this never occurs to you, but maybe I DO know. Damn what a concept. But that can't be the case because 'ICE' posted it.

I have proved it in the past. I have sat here on this board under other names, posted the exact same opinion and you guys "yeah yeah that's right way to go.....(Insert screen name here)"

And AD it's not speculation, it's excuses. "But everyone is different" Yes and no. If the average Highschool, college and semi pro can come back from injurys such as this in good ol Tulsa Ok, then JP should be back.

But wait! these guys didn't have the absolute best Surgeons (Remember you guys claim Oklahoma is backwater so no good docs here), didn't have round the clock therapy, blah blah blah that Bills players have. So how is it this is something like week 9 since the injury? Why is he not back? Hummmm......Some wierd Voodoo going on up at orchard park :w00t:

Ok Now reality. TD and MM are not going to let him hit the field. Hell they wouldn't let mathews throw a pass last week. Did you not hear the boos for Bledsoe and the Cheers for Mathews coming on the field? Do you think that within the next 3 weeks or so they are going to let JP losman out there to rounds of cheers? Bledsoe wouldn't be able to sniff the field again. THAT folks is the reality of the situation. We lose 3 of the next 5 and see that JP will have some 'miracle' happen. Personally I'd rather it be against St. Louis but that won't happen :)

HA! I know this never occurs to you, but maybe I DO know.  Damn what a concept. But that can't be the case because 'ICE' posted it.

I have proved it in the past.  I have sat here on this board under other names, posted the exact same opinion and you guys "yeah yeah that's right way to go.....(Insert screen name here)"

And AD it's not speculation, it's excuses.  "But everyone is different" Yes and no.  If the average Highschool, college and semi pro can come back from injurys such as this in good ol Tulsa Ok, then JP should be back.

But wait!  these guys didn't have the absolute best Surgeons (Remember you guys claim Oklahoma is backwater so no good docs here), didn't have round the clock therapy, blah blah blah that Bills players have.  So how is it this is something like week 9 since the injury?  Why is he not back?  Hummmm......Some wierd Voodoo going on up at orchard park  :w00t:

Ok Now reality.  TD and MM are not going to let him hit the field. Hell they wouldn't let mathews throw a pass last week. Did you not hear the boos for Bledsoe and the Cheers for Mathews coming on the field?  Do you think that within the next 3 weeks or so they are going to let JP losman out there to rounds of cheers?  Bledsoe wouldn't be able to sniff the field again.  THAT folks is the reality of the situation.  We lose 3 of the next 5 and see that JP will have some 'miracle' happen. Personally I'd rather it be against St. Louis but that won't happen  :)

104574[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm sure I was one of the guys you alluded to in your first paragraph.

You can think it has something to do with you being from Oklahoma, or that you have gray hair, or whatever lame ass stevestojan you can wrap your imbalanced brain around. You've always been able to justify your shortcomings. It's all nothing more than a vast conspiracy that you are able to see through using your vast personal "lahjik".

I also deeply care that all 600 BILLS fans left in the stands cheered Shane Matthews when he hit the field. It's my opinion that we should put joysticks in the stands so fans like you can make all the decisions involving the team, because you know pretty much everything there is, from your conversations with Jerry Ostroski, to your knee injury that was worse than Willis McGahee's, to your telephone tossing "sport" that is tougher on the body than professional football.

Thanks for throwing more stevestojan at The Wall. I can't wait until you're right about something again, so we can hear you crow like a retard who got an extra snack pack at the field trip.

Yeah, I'm sure I was one of the guys you alluded to in your first paragraph.

You can think it has something to do with you being from Oklahoma, or that you have gray hair, or whatever lame ass stevestojan you can wrap your imbalanced brain around.   You've always been able to justify your shortcomings.  It's all nothing more than a vast conspiracy that you are able to see through using your vast personal "lahjik".

I also deeply care that all 600 BILLS fans left in the stands cheered Shane Matthews when he hit the field.  It's my opinion that we should put joysticks in the stands so fans like you can make all the decisions involving the team, because you know pretty much everything there is, from your conversations with Jerry Ostroski, to your knee injury that was worse than Willis McGahee's, to your telephone tossing "sport" that is tougher on the body than professional football.

Thanks for throwing more stevestojan at The Wall.  I can't wait until you're right about something again, so we can hear you crow like a retard who got an extra snack pack at the field trip.

104582[/snapback]

LMAO What ever darin. I have very little shortcomings plain and simple. So You are saying guys like Baab and Ostroski know nothing about the OL. You played how many years in the NFL on the line? None? I will go with thier opinion's thanks.

My knee injury worse? Not exactly, but instead of mindless speculation talk to a few orthopods and ask how bad a complete rupture of the Patellar tendon is compared to an ACL. As the highlandgames go, Hey I am not the only one to say it's tougher. I would think a guy that anchored a line in the NFL for a decade or so is more qualified than you to compare the two.

The funny thing is I am right on most counts, maybe that is what buggs you so much. In the mean time, actually get out and compete in something instead of sitting here all day trying to give us your expert (yet is not an athlete of any kind) opinion.

So now blather away with your blah blah blah, ICE sucks, blah blah blah, ICE is a moron blah blah blah while I go work out. I will come back later to see if you have come up with anything you haven't used over and over for years in your retort.

LMAO What ever darin.  I have very little shortcomings plain and simple.  So You are saying guys like Baab and Ostroski know nothing about the OL. You played how many years in the NFL on the line?  None?  I will go with thier opinion's thanks.

My knee injury worse? Not exactly, but instead of mindless speculation talk to a few orthopods and ask how bad a complete rupture of the Patellar tendon is compared to an ACL.  As the highlandgames go, Hey I am not the only one to say it's tougher.  I would think a guy that anchored a line in the NFL for a decade or so is more qualified than you to compare the two.

The funny thing is I am right on most counts, maybe that is what buggs you so much. In the mean time, actually get out and compete in something instead of sitting here all day trying to give us your expert (yet is not an athlete of any kind) opinion.

So now blather away with your blah blah blah, ICE sucks, blah blah blah, ICE is a moron blah blah blah while I go work out.  I will come back later to see if you have come up with anything you haven't used over and over for years in your retort.

104590[/snapback]

Except McGahee's injury wasn't just an ACL. He tore his Medial AND Anterior while doing damage to his PCL as well. But hey, yours probably was worse. 'Specially since you talked to a doctor and all.

Keep telling yourself you're right about everything. If you take every side of every issue over time, that's bound to happen. I'll stick with the last line description of you from my previous post.

I also think it's great you found someone to agree with you. That makes every opinion you have absolutely true. Thankfully, all football players are right about everything and rarely disagree with others. That's why they only need one player on every TV show, because having three or four is just a waste of money. They'd all be regurgitating the same thing. :w00t: