Anyone Cha Cha?

If you're out or even at home and need to know something, pretty much anything that has a real answer, just text 242-242 and within five minutes (and usually quicker) Cha Cha will text you the answer. It's awesome and I have used it a lot. It's totally free (if you don't get charged for texts on your phone, and they will even give you ridiculous answers if you ask them ridiculous questions that don't really have answers, like, should I !@#$ my best's friend's girlfriend.

Please don't send them asinine questions, btw. It's a really great service and I'd to see them succeed. If too may people are just idiots it will be a disincentive. But if you just want to know something, get some facts, decide a debate, answer a trivia question, remember something on the tip of your tongue, etc. It's great. They're very good.

This week I was in Boston and it was getting late and my brother wanted to know when the last T train out of the city was. I Cha Cha'd and asked when was the last train out to a specific station that night in Boston on a specific line. It took longer than five minutes which never happened before although they sent me a text saying they are working on it. Then it came back and said there were no trains to that station on that line (I had gotten it wrong) but then gave the right line and the right times. It was great.

I also tried to trick them and asked what was Ty Cobb's number. And they immediately came back with the right answer: "Ty Cobb didn't wear a number. #'s didn't appear on jerseys until the late 20s and didn't become the norm until the mid 30s" (Actually the first team was the Yankees, who started wearing them because some guy wanted to sell programs, and the Yanks used their batting order to assign numbers, which was why Ruth was 3 and Gehrig 4, etc.)

The only thing they do to monetize it is add a one line ad at the bottom of your answer. Not intrusive or obnoxious at all I think. I hope it works.

So Cha Cha

just text 242-242 and ask them anything.

My son does from time to time.

He demonstrated the service to his grandfather, and since he's (my father in law) not real technologically inclined, he was absolutely flabbergasted by it. So for the rest of the day, he was telling my son, "ask him this... ask him that." Then he was telling his friends "This kid types questions... ANY question into his phone and someone on the other end answers it for him. Go ahead show 'em." :thumbsup:

My son had to explain to him that he had a limited number of free questions.