Talks underway to put NFL Superbowl in London....

SKOOBY

While commissioner Roger Goodell has previously admitted an interest in bringing the game to London, this is the first confirmation of discussions.

"We've spoken on what it would take to host and for us to bring it over," said events vice-president Frank Supovitz.

"The city has all the facilities needed, and in great quantity."

Supovitz was talking in New York City where the NFL Draft will take place this weekend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_spor...all/8016358.stm

sounds UNAMERICAN ! to me.

Also, what's the weather like in London in February? Wembley Stadium is outdoors, isn't it? Sounds like a recipe for an ugly, muddy, sloppy game.

It's not going to happen. They just had a vague conversation and leaked it to try to stir up some interest for future games in London. It fundamentally doesn't make sense.

sounds UNAMERICAN ! to me.

Agree. I'm sure it'll be good for the NFL owners, but it hurts the local economy in a potential host city. Too much of this going on in our economy today. My guess is that the NFL will get some fan backlash if this gets close, maybe enough to keep the game at home.

This should actually happen. Because knowing the Bills fans luck, it will be the year that the Bills FINALLY win the Super Bowl, but that none of us could afford to actually be there to watch it.....

I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. It's not like real football fans get a chance to go to the Super Bowl in America.

EXACTLY. That is why London will get a Super Bowl, it is NO LONGER for the average fan, the Super Bowl now is a Game to be attended only by the ELITE.........................NO RIF RAF ALLOWED.

While commissioner Roger Goodell has previously admitted an interest in bringing the game to London, this is the first confirmation of discussions.

"We've spoken on what it would take to host and for us to bring it over," said events vice-president Frank Supovitz.

"The city has all the facilities needed, and in great quantity."

Supovitz was talking in New York City where the NFL Draft will take place this weekend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_spor...all/8016358.stm

Well Skoob, I guess it's back to the old SKOOOBYmobile for you....

SKOOOBYmobile

One thing the NFL is not doing is considering a Super Bowl in London. Goodell dismissed a report that "substantive talks" with officials in London were held.

"We have never looked at London or Mexico City as a site," he said.

Link - Goodell outlines possible lengthened season