George's Victory Speech

Honestly I had no choice in the picking of Kerry...I would have prefered a more middle road candidate.... I would love a viable third party but that has not happened since John Anderson

101149[/snapback]

Everyone who says this, has yet to answer this question: how do you get viable third party candidates, unless you vote for them?

Yeah, which explains why Kerry won about two thirds of the high school drop out vote.  :w00t:

101151[/snapback]

Well we only have the liberal education system to blame for that....those dropouts probably came from families with great moral and Christian values....how do you explain the high drop out rates of students in Virginia...hey this is the bible belt, shouldn't good Christians value education?

Everyone who says this, has yet to answer this question: how do you get viable third party candidates, unless you vote for them?

101154[/snapback]

Ken....I just never felt that the Libertarian candidate or Ralph were viable candidates....I feel that the Republicans or Democrats will never allow a strong third party to surface.

Well we only have the liberal education system to blame for that....those dropouts probably came from families with great moral and Christian values....how do you explain the high drop out rates of students in Virginia...hey this is the bible belt,  shouldn't good Christians value education?

101158[/snapback]

No, they probably came from the ghettos in areas that vote heavily Democratic. In yesterday's NY Post they had a chart of public school attendance. In the worst of the NYC public schools, average attendance is 50%. HALF the students don't bother to show up on any given day in some of these schools.

But let's throw more money at the problem...that'll fix it!

Ken....I just never felt that the Libertarian candidate or Ralph were viable candidates....I feel that the Republicans or Democrats will never allow a strong third party to surface.

101167[/snapback]

There are more candidates than Libertarians and Ralph. Again, how do you create a viable candidate, unless you vote for them? You can't say we need a viable third party candidate, and then turn around and not do what is necessary for them to win. It is basically talking out of both sides of your mouth.

The Reps and Dems are counting on your line of thinking. That is how they remain in power, because they know that in the end,you will not do what is necessary for the third party candidate to win. You need to do more than talk about it for it to happen.

No, they probably came from the ghettos in areas that vote heavily Democratic.  In yesterday's NY Post they had a chart of public school attendance.  In the worst of the NYC public schools, average attendance is 50%.  HALF the students don't bother to show up on any given day in some of these schools.

But let's throw more money at the problem...that'll fix it!

101175[/snapback]

But if you look at the demographics of the ghettos.....most of these families are very Christian...where are those Christian values and morals from home?? well I guess if you have no heat, cannot afford housing , kids are starving...it hard to praise Jesus every day. At some point you basic needs take over from you good moral standing.. How much will this administration improve lives for those living in these urban areas

There are more candidates than Libertarians and Ralph. Again, how do you create a viable candidate, unless you vote for them? You can't say we need a viable third party candidate, and then turn around and not do what is necessary for them to win. It is basically talking out of both sides of your mouth.

The Reps and Dems are counting on your line of thinking. That is how they remain in power, because they know that in the end,you will not do what is necessary for the third party candidate to win. You need to do more than talk about it for it to happen.

101188[/snapback]

One of my students asked me if there were other candidates running for president..I said yes...they said they had no clue...they said the never saw them on TV or talked about in the paper...our kids live in a TV world....I wish we could change that.

One of my students asked me if there were other candidates running for president..I said yes...they said they had no clue...they said the never saw them on TV or talked about in the paper...our kids live in a TV world....I wish we could change that.

101197[/snapback]

You have the power to change that. If you do not exercise it, then you have nobody to blame but yourself.

But if you look at the demographics of the ghettos.....most of these families are very Christian...where are those Christian values and morals from home?? well I guess if you have no heat, cannot afford housing , kids are starving...it hard to praise Jesus every day.  At some point you basic needs take over from you good moral standing.. How much will this administration improve lives for those living in these urban areas

101195[/snapback]

It's not the government's responsibility to "improve lives for those living in these urban areas" if those people can't be bothered to make sure their kids show up for school. People are responsible for their own welfare. The Constitution guarentees life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It doesn't guarentee an unearned check every month.

I told that student that when the next election comes around..no matter what party your candidate is for...get involved..volunteer...make a difference

101213[/snapback]

Good. Now we just need to work on your "I won't vote for a third party candidate until they are viable" stuff. :w00t:

Of course if your boy was in there you would have to give 50% to the government.

100917[/snapback]

Used to be the only federal branch to levy taxes was legislative, not executive. When did that change?

It's not the government's responsibility to "improve lives for those living in these urban areas" if those people can't be bothered to make sure their kids show up for school.  People are responsible for their own welfare.  The Constitution guarentees life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  It doesn't guarentee an unearned check every month.

101225[/snapback]

But those are god fearing Christian families living in the slums of urban cities. Aren't the Christian values of those parents the same as the Christian values of the conservative right?? So those parents cannot get those kids to school...don't you see a terrible cycle starting here...these kids drop out of school and have babies...here we go again...but we won't ask the government for assistance. Its not their job. gee I wonder if urban violence will increase?