Gonzo - Worth our 3rd Round Pick?

Per Rotoworld:

The Eagles "might have nosed ahead" of the Falcons in the Tony Gonzalez trade talks, according to SI.com's Don Banks.

Philly is "thought" to be offering a third-round pick, but KC still wants a second-rounder. Banks says the Chiefs may fear upsetting their fan base by lowering their demands. Gonzo may not fit new coach Todd Haley's offense, however, and the fans will be just fine if the rookie helps KC win games.

Source: SI.com

Our 3rd-round pick is better than Philly's, and could maybe be enough....I'd rather have Gonzo than any TE that would be left in the 3rd round, and we should have the $$ available with Peters gone.

Or, to really make things interesting, offer KC the #28 pick for both Gonzo and Waters!

Per Rotoworld:

The Eagles "might have nosed ahead" of the Falcons in the Tony Gonzalez trade talks, according to SI.com's Don Banks.

Philly is "thought" to be offering a third-round pick, but KC still wants a second-rounder. Banks says the Chiefs may fear upsetting their fan base by lowering their demands. Gonzo may not fit new coach Todd Haley's offense, however, and the fans will be just fine if the rookie helps KC win games.

Source: SI.com

Our 3rd-round pick is better than Philly's, and could maybe be enough....I'd rather have Gonzo than any TE that would be left in the 3rd round, and we should have the $$ available with Peters gone.

Or, to really make things interesting, offer KC the #28 pick for both Gonzo and Waters!

Hmmm... to bad the boy GM didn't get the Eagles third rounder in the trade for Peters

rather on insisting on a 4rth and 6th rounder.

I think he voided a trade last year that would have sent him to Buffalo. Not sure if it could get done even if Buffalo gave K.C a second .

Ah, the voice of experience from someone who has been a member here much longer than me....lol

Good point, although you never know if things may be different now, particularly if KC refuses to accept anything lower than a high third pick. We could be the only option to returning to another year in KC hell.

The Bills are dumping high price salaries, maybe looking to get younger.

Don't think he would be in their plans any longer, certainly not mine.

Would have liked him last year to "put us over the top" as a rental, don't

really want him for the long term.