A little perspective: what happened the last time we traded

I had no problem with Holcomb, McGahee, Spikes or some of the aging vets like Lawyer Milloy and Troy Vincent being let go.

I do have a problem with pro bowl capable players in their prime being let go, Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield, Jason Peters, and even Nate Clemens. All good teams find a way to wrap up their key players long term. Who do we wrap up long term..Kelsay and Schobel. Looks black and white to me.

Maybe I missed it in this rather long thread - but didn't the trade of McGahee also result in an extra pick we used to select Trent Edwards?

As to the list above (Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield, Jason Peters, and even Nate Clements) - Williams not being resigned WAS a mistake. No doubt. AT THE TIME, I wanted him resigned but I was concerned about his age. In retrospect, it was not an issue.

Winfield and Clements were WAY overpaid by their respective teams. I don't agree with you premise that the Bills should have paid their asking prices.

As to peters, we shall eventually know who "won" this trade but my take is that he wanted too much money since his play has regressed for two years straight plus he was disloyal, disruptive and uncommunicative. After he opened his mouth this past Sunday, I can now understand why he did not talk much. It brought to mind his Wonderlic score. It was a 9 (which approximates an IQ of 78).

my 2 cents

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm simply pointing out stupid comments when they are made.

No it wasn't a stupid comment. I was taking for granted that we all knew why Peters play decreased last year. He held out for money. And he did not bother to keep himself in shape while he was holding out. Honestly you have made an abundance of stupid comments on this particular subject. But got to give you credit for 15k posts. Good for you.