A little perspective: what happened the last time we traded

You think he had a hidden meaning in it? Then i think you are obtuse. He is a moron. Incapable of abstract thinking. Sorry but you got to call a spade a spade and Peters is dumb as a box of rocks. If he wasn't playing football he would probably be a bouncer somewhere. Or maybe in the WWF.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills win = luck

Bills lose = incompetence

Sort of like you. When you are right about something, you got lucky.

PTR

You had to expect the obligatory gnashing of teeth and "the sky is falling" response to the trade. NFL news is slow this offseason, with Buffalo (unbelievably) providing a great deal of the fodder with Owens and Peters.

Peters can be dominating, and I think he will do well with the Eagles because he will be trying. The Bills were offering good money, but Peters and his agent were clearly not playing ball. It was not a situation that the Bills could win, and I for one am glad that they are not stuck with an 11 or 12 million dollar yearly salary for someone who jobbed the team last year.

I believe that stats show that Jason gave up the most sacks last year, our sweeps behind him and Dockery went no where most of the time, can we really be that horrible with another player in there?

You think he had a hidden meaning in it? Then i think you are obtuse. He is a moron. Incapable of abstract thinking. Sorry but you got to call a spade a spade and Peters is dumb as a box of rocks. If he wasn't playing football he would probably be a bouncer somewhere. Or maybe in the WWF.

Hidden meaning? Read his quote, and then try to make sense of it.

Peters was asked if his contract situation affected his play last year.

"A little bit," Peters said. "I was thinking about it sometimes. If you get beat on a play and you think about your contract ... It doesn't affect me that much. I thought about it some early in the year, but later on in the year it wasn't a big deal."

He'd think about his contract AFTER getting beat...not before. So, what would that mean? Let's try this: He was hoping to get a BIG contract this year. If he gets beat, he probably worried that it would impact what he would be able to negotiate.

If he said, "I'd think about my contract and THEN I would get beat", you might have a point.

He'd think about his contract AFTER getting beat...not before. So, what would that mean? Let's try this: He was hoping to get a BIG contract this year. If he gets beat, he probably worried that it would impact what he would be able to negotiate.

If he said, "I'd think about my contract and THEN I would get beat", you might have a point.

Actually Dean, the fact that he admitted to be thinking about his contract at all while playing on the field warrants me to dislike him. You've got to be way more focused than that. I don't care how you frame it, I think the quote can't be misinterpreted: He was thinking about money. That shouldn't be an issue, and because of that I have to think less of his time with the Bills. He was unproductive this past season, and the only thing he can muster up as an excuse is that his mind was on money? Really? And you think that is justifiable?

Seriously? So if he got beat say the first serious of the game, he would say that to himself. Then would forget all about it? Then just repeat it the next time? So why was he so much worse in 2008 then in 2007? Come on man you are smarter then that. He is only motivated by money. And guys like that dont last very long after they get the payday.

I dont wish him any ill will. Good for him he got paid, i am just very glad the Bills didn't do the paying.

Actually Dean, the fact that he admitted to be thinking about his contract at all while playing on the field warrants me to dislike him. You've got to be way more focused than that. I don't care how you frame it, I think the quote can't be misinterpreted: He was thinking about money. That shouldn't be an issue, and because of that I have to think less of his time with the Bills. He was unproductive this past season, and the only thing he can muster up as an excuse is that his mind was on money? Really? And you think that is justifiable?

He was stupid to admit it. He's stupid. People do it all the time, though.

I try not to find silly reasons to judge players (or coaches) by looking for little clues in poorly phrased responses to questions.

If he had said "I dogged it because I wasn't getting paid enough", I would agree with you.

The moronic dissection of comments, to find the meaning you really want, in order to bash, is beneath a person with any integrity.

So why was he so much worse in 2008 then in 2007? l

Is that a serious question? You honestly have NO IDEA? You are unaware than he missed all of the offseason activities?

He was stupid to admit it. He's stupid. People do it all the time, though.

I try not to find silly reasons to judge players (or coaches) by looking for little clues in poorly phrased responses to questions.

If he had said "I dogged it because I wasn't getting paid enough", I would agree with you.

The moronic dissection of comments, to find the meaning you really want, in order to bash, is beneath a person with any integrity.

Your argument would have more validity, if this was obviously me searching for something to bash Peters with. Instead I have the last 12 or 13 months of evidence at which he conducted himself poorly enough for me to be happy that he's gone.

In the end, I guess it really doesn't matter (this quote that is), since this was already the perception I had him labeled with. I'm just using it to support my theory that this guy, more than the rest of our team, was all about money, and it affected team chemistry, or at least had the potential to.

The guy is talented and dumb, we both agree. I'm just taking it a bit further and saying he's not a class act, or a team player. This quote supports that, and I don't see how your argument that I'm searching for any little thing stands. He was all about money.

Your argument would have more validity, if this was obviously me searching for something to bash Peters with. Instead I have the last 12 or 13 months of evidence at which he conducted himself poorly enough for me to be happy that he's gone.

In the end, I guess it really doesn't matter (this quote that is), since this was already the perception I had him labeled with. I'm just using it to support my theory that this guy, more than the rest of our team, was all about money, and it affected team chemistry, or at least had the potential to.

The guy is talented and dumb, we both agree. I'm just taking it a bit further and saying he's not a class act, or a team player. This quote supports that, and I don't see how your argument that I'm searching for any little thing stands. He was all about money.

I don't think the quote, or anything else, supports the notion that money influenced his play or effort on the field.

Was he about money, when it came to his contract negotiation. Yup. What a shocker.

Is that a serious question? You honestly have NO IDEA? You are unaware than he missed all of the offseason activities?

You keep making my arguement. Why did he miss all offseason? Cause he was holding out for money.

Couple that with the fact that he had money on his mind while playing the games. Jeez Dean, are you on his payroll?

Peters is all about the money. And thats fine. But what does a guy play for once he has the money??

You keep making my arguement. Why did he miss all offseason? Cause he was holding out for money.

Couple that with the fact that he had money on his mind while playing the games. Jeez Dean, are you on his payroll?

Peters is all about the money. And thats fine. But what does a guy play for once he has the money??

I'm simply pointing out stupid comments when they are made.

I, too, think we should look objectively at this F.O. Let's face it, this is a make or break year for a lot of these guys involved. Obviously they know a lot more about these players, and about how the other players on the team perform and think and feel about each other. They certainly aren't going to let great players go for no reason. And, I think, as much as I respect Marv, he didn't to this F.O. any favors by most of the moves he made. He was a transition, and brought back an idea of collectivity, of integrity, of character, and of the idea of winning as a team. But, he overpaid a bunch of guys who don't apparently deserve that money. He valued character a bit too much, with regards to the attached talent level. Now this F.O. has this last year to get rid of as much of that overpaid personell as they can, and to bring in the right combination of talent at the right positions for this team to be competitive. I'm willing to bet they have an idea of what this team should look like, talent-wise, on a position to position basis, and know who they need to replace. I'll admit, I don't have a clue as to what that team is - as I've previously stated, this team doesn't have an obvious identity - but, I think the handful of guys making these decisions knows what they want to put on the field, and are working to achieve it. They know they've got to beat New England. They know this team has to be good this year, so I'm willing to wait and see what they do with the draft, and any other F.A.'s they bring in. So far, over the last two years, I think we've collected a good amount of talent at RB, WR, DB, and are close on the LB, DL. Now we need a good OL, TE, and our QB looks to be promising. They should be able to make a case for themselves by the close of this season, and should be able to elevate and fix the rest of the holes via the draft. If the team is a contender, then they've done a good job. If it isn't, then we will be discussing a new group next off-season.

I don't think the quote, or anything else, supports the notion that money influenced his play or effort on the field.

Was he about money, when it came to his contract negotiation. Yup. What a shocker.

I don't know how you can say this when his quote directly tied his contract situation to his play on the field. You're right, we can't say for certain that money was on his mind WHILE he was playing, but that's a pretty institutionalized interpretation of his quote, IMO.

Dear God I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with you.

Deano, the guy pretty much admitted he took an "Oh Well" approach after his mistakes due to being unhappy about his contract. I don't get what you're trying to say. :angry:

Dear God I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with you.

Deano, the guy pretty much admitted he took an "Oh Well" approach after his mistakes due to being unhappy about his contract. I don't get what you're trying to say. :angry:

Why can't you believe that you agree with me? Maybe you're seeing the light. As they say, every blind squirrel finds a nut once and a while.

I had no problem with Holcomb, McGahee, Spikes or some of the aging vets like Lawyer Milloy and Troy Vincent being let go.

I do have a problem with pro bowl capable players in their prime being let go, Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield, Jason Peters, and even Nate Clemens. All good teams find a way to wrap up their key players long term. Who do we wrap up long term..Kelsay and Schobel. Looks black and white to me.