Mike Schopp

BillsVet

I get Schopp's point that LT's are available in other rounds and skilled playmakers aren't usually found in lower rounds.

But to say LT's shouldn't be drafted in the first is nonsense and would be dismissed by every expert. Cody is right that he's not a football fan and, IMO, only talks about it when he has to. WGR's bread and butter is the Sabres because they have the rights to broadcast the games and have interviews with the HC and players.

As popular as hockey is, when half your drivetime show doesn't care about football and admits it on-air, something is desperately wrong. I hope Brad Riter can cut deeply into their ratings with his show.

I can recall his Schopp on WNSA being much better, aptly titling his program, "sports talk for smart people." It was so long ago he was talking about John Fina. Now he's devolved into a bitter and short tempered argumentative bore.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get Schopp's point that LT's are available in other rounds and skilled playmakers aren't usually found in lower rounds.

But to say LT's shouldn't be drafted in the first is nonsense and would be dismissed by every expert. Cody is right that he's not a football fan and, IMO, only talks about it when he has to. WGR's bread and butter is the Sabres because they have the rights to broadcast the games and have interviews with the HC and players.

As popular as hockey is, when half your drivetime show doesn't care about football and admits it on-air, something is desperately wrong. I hope Brad Riter can cut deeply into their ratings with his show.

I can recall his Schopp on WNSA being much better, aptly titling his program, "sports talk for smart people." It was so long ago he was talking about John Fina. Now he's devolved into a bitter and short tempered argumentative bore.

Well Schoop is dead wrong - RBs are found all over, -QBs not so much but Brady was a 6th round, Drew Breeze end of the 2nd, Tony Romo undrafted, Kurt Warner undrafted,- WRs this is the position Schoop is probably closest I think most 1000+ yard WRs come from the 1st two rounds- TEs again all over, Gonzalez a 1st, Winfield 1st, Gates undrafted, Witten 3rd, Cooley 3rd, Boss 3rd, Daniels 4th,