Anyone know the future of the Empiresports Network

Tom

I'm thinking it's bleak..... Hopefully not.

Maybe they could up their programming?? Bring back FanTV?? :(:w00t:

Or possibly a FoxSports affiliate can step in if it goes belly-up? :huh::P

:(:( Bye-Bye Howard...... :(:(

Empire was rumored to be sold in November.... I wonder if this is it? :blink:

"Know" the future? I'm not in that loop.

Guess? Probably the same fate as WNSA. Shoestring budget ever since the bankruptcy filing; no money for programming, especially with no Sabres-related ad revenue coming in.

Damn. Damn. DAMN. 'Scuse me, I think I'm gonna go punch a wall or something.

Adelphia is selling everything they own. Empire will soon be gone. Whatever the new cable company in WNY is will not keep Empire on the air. The only hope is that a local businessman buys the station from Adelphia. It was rumored that the Sabres owner was interested in buying Empire and would keep it on the air for Sabres games and bring back some of the live shows as well. With no NHL hockey, it doesn't look like that will happen.

"Know" the future? I'm not in that loop.

Guess? Probably the same fate as WNSA. Shoestring budget ever since the bankruptcy filing; no money for programming, especially with no Sabres-related ad revenue coming in.

Damn. Damn. DAMN. 'Scuse me, I think I'm gonna go punch a wall or something.

Thanks Lori....

Please don't pull a Kevin Clown.....I mean Brown.....No, I mean't Clown!

:P

It is simply amazing how far that station has fallen. When I lived in Buffalo a few years back I would watch it for about 2-3 hours a day during football season to get all the Bills news and it was so popular. I guess once the Rigases stole all of Adelphia's money the whole Adelphia empire was going to fold. Thanks John and Tim!!!! That is really unfortunate as it is the only regional sports station for upstate NY.

Maybe someone else can make a new Sports Only network in WNY.... How about the Bills & Sabres Team up? :D

Even the crummy Mets are going to create their own channel ala the YES mess... :(

I always thought empire shold have played old bills games in the summer. that way we can have Bills football year round.

its sad that nobody ever did that. i'd love to watch some of the old games, since i'm to young to remember. i'm sure many of you would like to watch them also.

I always thought empire shold have played old bills games in the summer. that way we can have Bills football year round.

its sad that nobody ever did that. i'd love to watch some of the old games, since i'm to young to remember. i'm sure many of you would like to watch them also.

101050[/snapback]

I would think that the NFL own the original broadcast of games and stations can not just replay them. It would be cool though.

I would think that the NFL own the original broadcast of games and stations can not just replay them. It would be cool though.

101052[/snapback]

Correct, or at least it used to be. This came up when one of the local stations was trying to get permission to broadcast a tape of the Comeback Game back in '93, think it was that following Monday night. NFL shot them down. (They just re-ran the Bill Polian Show from that week on Empire not too long ago - he spent half the show talking about that instead of the upcoming Pittsburgh game...)

And now with their own network up and running, I imagine the league would be even more protective of their copyright.