Just watched replay of the Bills/Chargers gane on NFLN

Maddog69

I think the Chargers really looked past the Bills that day. They were heading to London right after the Game in Buffalo. I think the Bills benefitted from the Chargers being distracted with preparations for the game across the pond.

I think Credit must be given to the Bills for such a magnificient game....Actually the Chargers at that point were a 3-3 team and did not look past anything.....They were as mediocre as the Bills. Remember the Chargers finished at 8-8, just one game ahead of the Bills, with all that talent and in one of the most weakest division in Football, the AFC West.

I think Credit must be given to the Bills for such a magnificient game....Actually the Chargers at that point were a 3-3 team and did not look past anything.....They were as mediocre as the Bills. Remember the Chargers finished at 8-8, just one game ahead of the Bills, with all that talent and in one of the most weakest division in Football, the AFC West.

I agree. The Chargers didn't 'look past' us. Crazy thing about their season: they didn't have a winning record but won the division. Then won a playoff game before losing in the next round to end the season as a non-winning season -including playoffs! Crazy!

I just got done watching the game as well and here are some "positive" thoughts I took from watching the game.

*Trent is a young quarterback and is closer to developing into a solid quarterback like a Drew Brees than he is a Joey Harrington or David Carr. When he has time to throw he is very accurate in throwing the football!

*When the running game is going we can be a dangerous offense: playaction opens up alot in the passing game including passes to our "non" existent tight ends. If we find a way to rebuild a solid offensive line this offseason I think the addition of T.O. will have a great impact on an offense that includes playmakers in Evans, Reed, Lynch, & Jackson!

*Lynch is a solid runner that does not quit on a play and seen him picking up blitzes in the game. Not a break away runner BUT has a great nose for the endzone from anywhere inside the 20.

*Josh Reed is dangerous in the slot and runs great patterns when a first down is needed, could be poised to put up pro bowl type numbers this upcoming season if defenses are keying on Evans, Owens, and Lynch/Jackson.

*The Bills need to stay in Buffalo where they belong!! If they need to send one game a year to Toronto to keep the team in Buffalo then fine if that's what it takes BUT then that's it!! Not a second or third game like they are after. The crowd and atmosphere can NEVER be duplicated!! The fans there may "cheer" for the team BUT could never put there heart and soul into each and every game like the true fans at Ralph Wilson stadium every Sunday!

Ah yes, the game where Kawika Mitchell pretended to be good and Trent Edwards pretended to be unaffected by the lingering effects of a concussion. Good times.

Too bad all of that concussion talk is crap. The reason Edwards struggled in certain games was that he has trouble passing against a no-blitz 3-4. Look at his stats against 4-3 vs. 3-4. Night and day.

Too bad all of that concussion talk is crap. The reason Edwards struggled in certain games was that he has trouble passing against a no-blitz 3-4. Look at his stats against 4-3 vs. 3-4. Night and day.

I agree and hope this has been the focus of his off-season efforts. It (3-4's) isn't gonna get any easier. IMO, he hasn't yet shown a 'daring'. He's patient and protects the ball well (Browns game notwithstanding) but seems not to have faith to let it fly before/just when the receiver makes his break. Therein lies the key vs. 3-4's.

I think it was a bit of both against the 3-4. Our line struggled to protect against the 3-4 defense and the receivers just were not open and when they were open, Edwards just couldn't get the ball.

In that Chargers game, Edwards got great protection all day long and it showed in his ability to put the ball where his WRs could get it. As Greg Gumbel mentioned, Roscoe Parrish was insanely open on that sideline route with the amount of time the line gave Edwards protection.

I think all of us can agree on Trent's troubles against the 3-4 last year, like you said the stats speak for themselves. Maybe I'm crazy in thinking that he might have spent a little time this off season studying film and learning how to be affective against that D. Geez, he went to Stanford for goodness sake.

It sure was fun to watch the team play well though, all I had was BAD memories from last year. It sparks such good memories that I actually had a dream about the Bills draft last night. We took Oher at 11 and Larry English at 28. I did hit my head earlier in the day on an overhanging tree while I was walking my dog so that might have had something to do with it.

One other feature of that game was that due to the power outages, much of the replay was captured on NFL Films cameras instead of the network video cameras. This made for more unconventional and sideline shots of the action and a different visual feel than the typical game.

And what a gorgeous day in WNY. That game was picture perfect.

This was on during lunch today, so I watched it, too. What a beautiful day. Take that, Mike Lupica. Even Dan Dierdorf remarked "what a beautiful day for football in Western NY". I hate when people always have to add "for football" to the end of those weather comments. It was a beautiful day for anything - even flying balloons outside the stadium. I watched Jason Peters closely, and while I'm just a lowly fan, I thought he did a nice job. On their first touchdown drive, he really drove one guy about five yards downfield. But I also think a lot of Buffalo's success that day was because Edwards was on his game. SD had to respect the pass.