Bush's Coat tails

Bush has the longest coat tails in recent memory. Too bad he's off the bottle or else he may have eked out another Senate seat in Colorado (Pete Coors). When I saw the Coors/Salazar debate over the weekend I really liked Coors' position on forcing financial accountability and disclosure for the federal government.

Its pretty clear that Bush got his mandate last night. He won more popular votes than anyone ever has, won the all important electoral college vote, his party picked up seats in both houses of Congress, and one of his biggest detractors, Tom Daschle, was sent packing. It was certainly a great night for him and the Republicans.

There weren't really any suprise pickups for the Republicans except for Daschile's. Some of the formerly Democratic seats in the South were expected to go Republican even if Bush lost. And I hardly call Zell Miller's seat a switch except in party name only.

Bush has the longest coat tails in recent memory.  Too bad he's off the bottle or else he may have eked out another Senate seat in Colorado (Pete Coors).  When I saw the Coors/Salazar debate over the weekend I really liked Coors' position on forcing financial accountability and disclosure for the federal government.

100028[/snapback]

Coors took a position and I missed it?? :P I couldn't vote for the guy just because I never heard anything but "aw, shucks, I'm a straightforward, honest guy who isn't a politician".