Dominic Rhodes signed for 2 years

that might have been Hardy's cap number but that was not his salary....second round picks do not make 2.5 mil in their first as their salary

Jackson will obviously be signed at some point, its April people need to relax

Hardy's salary for 2009 is $450,000 according to the NFLPA site. That is exclusive of bonuses.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the surface, I like the deal. I was rooting for them to sign Rhodes as soon as I heard he came in for a visit. Based on last year, Rhodes seems to have a lot more in the tank than any of the other guys the Bills had previously brought in, and with Marshawn out for 3 games, RB was a significant need. And I'd much rather have the Bills sign a veteran than bring in a rookie, for various reasons.

Digging a little deeper, I am a little curious/maybe concerned about it being a 2-year deal. Does this mean Jackson isn't in the Bills' plans after this year? Maybe that's why they've been so intractable in negotiations (according to Jackson's agent, anyway). But I'm not super concerned. We all know that future years in NFL contracts are worth the paper they're printed on. As long as that 2nd year isn't guaranteed in any way, I don't think it's cause for alarm just yet.

Or maybe the trade Marshawn, and give Jackson a little more money? This team is so unpredictable, you never know...

Hardy's salary for 2009 is $450,000 according to the NFLPA site. That is exclusive of bonuses.

That's strange. USA Today has it at $295K. It also said he got $1.4M in signing bonus and $887K in other bonus.

Do you have a link to the NFLPA site? Thanks.

That's strange. USA Today has it at $295K. It also said he got $1.4M in signing bonus and $887K in other bonus.

just to clear up any confusion, this is where i got my info. i don't know how reliable it is, but it seems to be accurate.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/buffalo-bills/salary

$295 was for 2008. The USA site data I have seen if for last year.

http://nflplayers.com

You have to register to use the search tools (Active Player Search).

so?

It isn't his "salary". Hardy was a 2nd round pick, and has a signing bonus. Fred was a street FA, and his salary is what it is. If he had a small signing bonus it has already been paid.

While they are under no obligation to do so, I'd like to see the Bills give Fred a better contract than they gave Rhodes. I think they may.

that's been my point for the past 5 posts. what's been yours?

Players aren't paid according to their performance alone, and can't be compared across positions. I thought that was your point because...well...because...

do you believe in justice?

2008 salaries

James Hardy $2,586,000

Chris Kelsay $3,000,000

John McCargo $1,337,500

Fred Jackson $374,320

Pay should reflect performance.

Sorry if I read your post better than you did.

Players aren't paid according to their performance alone, and can't be compared across positions. I thought that was your point because...well...because...

Sorry if I read your post better than you did.

do you feel as though fred jackson's pay is reflective of his performance?

:worthy::unsure::wallbash: :wallbash:

i'm not saying that a player's pay always IS reflective of his performance. I'm saying that it should be.

the difference is that you see things how they are and adjust yourself accordingly. I see things how they should be and try to make the world adjust to me. keep grinding away, dean. I'm a thinker.

if this is true its an excellent move...Rhodes played well last year in a backup role behind a beat up O-line and in reality played just as good or better then Addai which is why Im surprised Indy would let him walk

Rhodes is also an outstanding receiver out of the backfield

I cant believe I've applauded this organization twice in one day...whats next, they sign another LB?

I called it earlier today--watch them sign Keiaho next and, if they do, we'll be pretty well set going into the draft, needing a LT, G, DE and TE. We should be able to get a quality LT and DE in Rd. 1 and then take a flyer on a G in Rd 2 and trade our 3rd for Scheffler and I'd say we've had a decent offseason.....