Hey WGR Haters

buffalomike

He will....I got an e-mail from him today. He was cleaning out his desk. He stated he will come here and post a "Thank you" to the folks of TBD.

100005[/snapback]

I just hope he does it in this thread, or buffalomike will hound his *ss for starting another thread!

:D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if Empire could work out a deal with WGR to simulcast his new show like MSNbc does with Imus. I doubt that would happen, though.

WOW, I really feel bad for the Puff Man after just losing his father. Kevin's wife is due next month.  I talked with all of them on Sunday and I don't think they had a clue they were going to be losing there job.

100487[/snapback]

I can't imagine how the broadcast industry can risk working any other way. Giving them any sort of pre-notification is inviting them to use your airwaves to let loose their dirty laundry. Yes, some people are consumate pros, and won't do that, but you can't count on that happening, and you can't risk the pub of pulling the plug suddenly when your "lame duck" announcers start on a rampage...

It's not great for the guys who lost their jobs, but they should understand that is the way the business works....

Guest Darthokeefe

Know what I hate when a post is deleted for no reason whatsoever.......If I DARE to disagree with #89 you chivorus gentlemen rush in to protect her from the big bad dissenter. I didnt insult anyone I stated a different opinion.

I think it sucks that in George Bushes America 3 more jobs are lost. These are people who have performed consistantly crushing Simon and Brinson in the morning slot.

Three more familys without an income. One man who moved from NC to come back here 2 years ago and with a child on the way.

Another who has 3 children and a recently deceased parent. Gone in one 10 minute meeting. replaced overnight like the Baltimore Colts leaving in the mayflower van.

Sorry if im not happy your boy Simon pushed three people out for another shot at mediocrity.

Im done with WGR and this Message Board. By the way maybe you can leave this message up for a 1/2 hour this time

I think it sucks that in George Bushes America 3 more jobs are lost. These are people who have performed consistantly crushing Simon and Brinson in the morning slot.

Three more familys without an income. One man who moved from NC to come back here 2 years ago and with a child on the way.

Another who has 3 children and a recently deceased parent. Gone in one 10 minute meeting.  replaced overnight like the Baltimore Colts leaving in the mayflower van.

Sorry if im not happy your boy Simon pushed three people out for another shot at mediocrity.

100700[/snapback]

While I feel sorry for them, thats the business and they know it. They knew they could be replaced at any time and if they want more job security, they should have chosen a different proffession. Their act was tired and worn and it needed changed up, and I listened to them while working constantly since the three of them were together.

Know what I hate when a post is deleted for no reason whatsoever.......If I DARE to disagree with #89 you chivorus gentlemen rush in to protect her from the big bad dissenter. I didnt insult anyone I stated a different opinion.

Another who has 3 children and a recently deceased parent. Gone in one 10 minute meeting.  replaced overnight like the Baltimore Colts leaving in the mayflower van.

Im done with WGR and this Message Board.  By the way  maybe you can leave this message up for a 1/2 hour this time

100700[/snapback]

It's called running a business. Entercom seems to disagree with your assessment, considering Howard Simon an upgrade over the 3 people in question.

There is no question that they work hard at what they do. There is no question that they are guys just trying to earn an honest living. There is no question that they have families and personal situations. At least they had some control over their situation. If their ratings were through the roof we would not be having this discussion. On the other hand, I'm losing hard-working reliable co-workers left and right to layoffs due to circumstances that we had little to do in creating. So while I can empathize to a degree, don't expect me to shed tears over the situation.

My guess is that Entercom was disappointed to see that their ratings did not grow substantially with the elimination of WNSA and they figure that bringing in Simon would not only appeal to the former WNSA listeners but also his proven ability to carry a show by himself allows them to pay one person instead of three. And guess what? If Simon fails to perform up to the expectations of management, he will find himself on the unemployment line as well.

Look at me....I'm responding to someone who isn't even listening....better going unread than singled out for "ignore" I guess...

Im done with WGR and this Message Board.  By the way  maybe you can leave this message up for a 1/2 hour this time

100700[/snapback]

Posters on this board who are logged in and take responsiblity for what they have to say, generally do not have their posts deleted for disagreeing with another poster.

Cindy posted a topic the other day about supporting her team no matter what and she was flamed all day, so no one is being protected here.

However when a flaming rather rudely written response is posted by someone who is not logged in and can say whatever they want without others on the board being able to identify who the rant is coming from, I certainly understand the post being removed.

Like em or hate em, the people on this board for the most part at least "virtually" know each other by our logins. If I were to make personal attacks on another user, others would know it was ME that did it and I would have to face the consequenses if what I said was truly out of line.

There have been a lot of GUEST posters in the last couple of days trying to stir up trouble. If you have something to say, Log in and let us know who you are, take ownership of what you have to say. </RANT OFF>