Peyton Manning, his career inching closer to the end

Romeo

Interesting read, but not sure about 'accomplished' writer. I'm not sure what a "highly television college program" is, nor is it undeniable that McNabb is Hall of Famer.

Not trying to slam the poster though - I did enjoy reading that, thank you.

I dont consider Syracuse a highly televised program

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice post Rome! :thumbsup:

BTW. Don't let these dudes change your opinion on McNabb. He will be a HOFer. NO doubt. It only takes a person with half a brain to look at his accomplishments and realize he is indeed HOF worthy.

Where shall I start? Four straight NFC Championship appearances, five Pro Bowl appearances, 30K yards passing, 7 playoff appearances in 12 years with five of those making it to the NFC Championship game, close to 200 passing td's, offensive MVP runner-up, 3K yards rushing, etc etc. To top it all off, McNabb isn't even finished yet.

McNabb accomplished all of this without even having a great receiver to work with, other than T.O., as you astutely pointed out. Has anyone in the history of the game accomplished as much with so little surrounding talent that #5 worked with? It's hard to say, but I think not. He will be wearing a yellow jacket when he retires.

Here's a great article on the subject of McNabb and possibly making the "Hall".

http://www.zimbio.com/Donovan/articles/7/D...Nabb+Hall+Famer

Many of these people on this board couldn't spot a hall of fame QB if he smacked 'em in the mouth.

McNabb not Hall worthy? Bob Waterfield is worthier? and Sonny Jurgensen is too? Okay...Look at the stats and make a real opinion...

Look at the stats? Don't the stats say Bledsoe's a HOF? Some would argue this.

News Bulletin: He's not!

McNabb isn't a HOFer, IMHO. But, you never know. The bar gets lower for some. Hell, if Kirby Puckett can make the baseball HOF, I suppose McNabb can as well.

He would have been 41! Not 45? Where do you buy your crack?

My mistake. I looked at the wrong "Jim Kelly." You're right, he would have been 41. And I buy mine at the corner of Delaware and Oakland. Where do you buy yours?

I mentioned the Todd Collins mistake, I'm not saying they would've saved us but they would've been better options than what we chose. Here are some facts buddy McClure and Rodgers weren't "Developmental" if you've read their reports you'd know that. So please make sure to check your facts, especially if they are your "Checkmate" facts.

:wallbash: where are these "reports" on 12th round failure QB's from 20 years ago?? :P

When did I say 5 years to develope?

I said during the next 5-7 years TRY drafting someone who COULD replace him, let him sit for a FEW(Meaning the usual 2-4) years. As for calling you out, you called yourself out by not trying to respond but by trying to attack.

I'm totally done with this. You said Manning had 4-7 years left, and it would be wise to draft a QB now to develop. Read between the lines you moron.

I also gave you credit when you proved me wrong, how come you don't look at that and say...hmmm when he's wrong he admits it. Im not saying draft a guy this april and prep him for 20 years from now. Im saying prepare yourself by drafting quarterbacks that you feel have something special, so that you can ease the transition better, or perhaps free agency is the answer...point is to prepare!

Because I don't give a sh--. I said "McNabb wasn't a HOF QB" and you personally attacked me. At that point I don't really give a sh-- what you say. So I proved you wrong; he is NOT a HOF QB. You substantiating the truth to me is irrelevant.

Im not saying draft a guy this april and prep him for 20 years from now. Im saying prepare yourself by drafting quarterbacks that you feel have something special, so that you can ease the transition better, or perhaps free agency is the answer...point is to prepare!

You could have spared us the dissertation and said "I think it would be wise for the FO to draft a QB a few years before he's going to retire" nobody would have disagreed. Then again, it would have been as irrelevant to the board as your actual dissertation was. And your attitude sucks too. Ditch the inferiority complex.

You are arguing for the sake of arguing, by quoting my responses to you and having a comeback doesn't make them valid or relatable to this text, jesus christ.

You wrote the War and Peace version of the Peyton Manning Succession Plan. Did you just think everyone would come on and bow at your feet for being such an "accomplished" writer? Give me a break.

Nice post Rome! :thumbsup:

BTW. Don't let these dudes change your opinion on McNabb. He will be a HOFer. NO doubt. It only takes a person with half a brain to look at his accomplishments and realize he is indeed HOF worthy.

Where shall I start? Four straight NFC Championship appearances, five Pro Bowl appearances, 30K yards passing, 7 playoff appearances in 12 years with five of those making it to the NFC Championship game, close to 200 passing td's, offensive MVP runner-up, 3K yards rushing, etc etc. To top it all off, McNabb isn't even finished yet.

McNabb accomplished all of this without even having a great receiver to work with, other than T.O., as you astutely pointed out. Has anyone in the history of the game accomplished as much with so little surrounding talent that #5 worked with? It's hard to say, but I think not. He will be wearing a yellow jacket when he retires.

Here's a great article on the subject of McNabb and possibly making the "Hall".

http://www.zimbio.com/Donovan/articles/7/D...Nabb+Hall+Famer

Many of these people on this board couldn't spot a hall of fame QB if he smacked 'em in the mouth.

Yeah, when this is the only guy on your side that should tell you something. Going 1-5 in NFC Championship games and 0-1 in Super Bowls rarely gets you into the Hall unless you're an elite QB (Kelly was 0-4 in SB's but he was elite). That's why Brady was considered a HOF'er before he even hit 20,000 yards. Three SB's will do that for you. Writers don't care about the stats, they care about wins, leadership, and overall performance. But quite frankly, I don't care if he gets in or not. I have nothing against the guy (except his occasional unfounded whining about racism).

Well done, I take my hat off to you. You're right I chose McNabb based on some of the thrills hes given the game over the years and the fact he never really had good receivers(but T.O.)...but I am man enough to say you replied well with great facts and I can state that you're right....

Based on the facts you've presented he doesn't deserve to be there...I'd like to see him end up there though, he's such a great player in terms of how hard he plays and the abuse he takes....

well done.

This may go down as the single most assinine post of all-time.

Yeah, when this is the only guy on your side that should tell you something[/b]. Going 1-5 in NFC Championship games and 0-1 in Super Bowls rarely gets you into the Hall unless you're an elite QB (Kelly was 0-4 in SB's but he was elite). That's why Brady was considered a HOF'er before he even hit 20,000 yards. Three SB's will do that for you. Writers don't care about the stats, they care about wins, leadership, and overall performance. But quite frankly, I don't care if he gets in or not. I have nothing against the guy (except his occasional unfounded whining about racism).

Now it's time for the Empire to Strike back! What the hell is that supposed to mean? At least it didn't take me four years to see that JP Losman sucks like many of you on this board have.

McNabb's not a winner? You're a freakin' moron. He has 9 playoff wins. McNabb is no loser. McNabb has a great arm and is a fierce competitor. You say writers don't look at stats, huh? They look for wins and leadership and overall performance? Well, McNabb ranks up there with all of the greats. The only difference is he didn't have a perennial Pro Bowl receiver/s to work with. This fact can not be over-looked.

What makes Kelly more of an elite QB than McNabb, anyways? By the time McNabb retires, he would have surpassed Kelly in every statistical category there is, except for SB appearances. And he did it all without McKellar, Metzellars, Reed, Lofton and Thurman.

BTW. Check my posts. I'm more right than wrong when I post. The stats don't lie. So get a clue, you retarded short bus riding punk!

Now it's time for the Empire to Strike back! What the hell is that supposed to mean? At least it didn't take me four years to see that JP Losman sucks like many of you on this board have.

McNabb's not a winner? You're a freakin' moron. He has 9 playoff wins. McNabb is no loser. McNabb has a great arm and is a fierce competitor. You say writers don't look at stats, huh? They look for wins and leadership and overall performance? Well, McNabb ranks up there with all of the greats. The only difference is he didn't have a perennial Pro Bowl receiver/s to work with. This fact can not be over-looked.

What makes Kelly more of an elite QB than McNabb, anyways? By the time McNabb retires, he would have surpassed Kelly in every statistical category there is, except for SB appearances. And he did it all without McKellar, Metzellars, Reed, Lofton and Thurman.

BTW. Check my posts. I'm more right than wrong when I post. the stats don't lie. So get a clue, you retarded short bus riding punk!

<_< "I'm right more than I'm wrong. The stats don't lie." I...I don't even know what that means :devil:

I've already pled my case against McNabb going into the Hall. You are welcome to disagree. Does he have great statistics? Of course. But his performance in the big game has never been there. Peyton kept running into Belichick, but eventually got over the hump. Donovan never did. The sports writers who ultimately vote for this kind of stuff don't like guys who are 1-6 in Championships/Super Bowls. Not for guys who freak out and throw up in the huddle. But again, you're welcome to your own opinion.

And yeah, he didn't do it McKellar and Metzellars...as if that's what got Kelly to the four Super Bowls. But he did do it with one of the greatest defensive geniuses of all time helping him out. Go game by game and make an excuse for him Harami. The only team he beat in the championship was this gimmicky Falcons team with 40 mph winds. Michael Vick vs. Jim Johnson? Are you insane? Even your boy Romeo saw the light. But I guess I'll check the stats on your right/wrong 'percentage.' Rumor has it they don't lie. :lol::lol:

Oh, and nice signature, you buffoon. We all get it. You like T.O. Well done, sir.

<_< "I'm right more than I'm wrong. The stats don't lie." I...I don't even know what that means :devil:

I've already pled my case against McNabb going into the Hall. You are welcome to disagree. Does he have great statistics? Of course. But his performance in the big game has never been there. Peyton kept running into Belichick, but eventually got over the hump. Donovan never did. The sports writers who ultimately vote for this kind of stuff don't like guys who are 1-6 in Championships/Super Bowls. Not for guys who freak out and throw up in the huddle. But again, you're welcome to your own opinion.

And yeah, he didn't do it McKellar and Metzellars...as if that's what got Kelly to the four Super Bowls. But he did do it with one of the greatest defensive geniuses of all time helping him out. Go game by game and make an excuse for him Harami. The only team he beat in the championship was this gimmicky Falcons team with 40 mph winds. Michael Vick vs. Jim Johnson? Are you insane? Even your boy Romeo saw the light. But I guess I'll check the stats on your right/wrong 'percentage.' Rumor has it they don't lie. :lol::lol:

Oh, and nice signature, you buffoon. We all get it. You like T.O. Well done, sir.

Great job, douche bag! Mentioning Mckellar and Metz only. They were a part of the picture, @ss. The offense was called the "K" Gun for a reason and the "K" didn't stand for Kelly, either.

Besides, I don't bet people on the wall. I already did that before and it wasn't honored.