Everette Brown

Rockinon

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is one mock draft that has us picking Brown. I wouldn't mind at all.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/nflmockdraft.html

He really can move. Check it out. It's like 10 minutes long so be warned. Very fast and strong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXJJ14HL5EE

You take him in a heartbeat.

Nastiest Spin move since Freeney. Guy's got so many moves.

Although I'm nervous about the pro potential of FSU DE's, Brown is much stronger than Eric Flowers coming out of college as well as a better athlete without having to put on 25 lbs. to climb up draft boards. Brown should stay right where he is at weight wise and should we luck out and be able to pick him, have him line up at LDE on passing situations this first year.

At 6'2" he's a little short for a DE

Maybe you can help me out here Steely. I keep hearing that 6'2" is "too short" for a DE. Other than batting down, or influencing passes, why does a DE need to be taller than 6'2"? Wouldn't a shorter guy, with better lower balance, but some leaping ability be better suited to DE?

I'm serious here. What is it with the DE height thing? I keep asking, but I get no answers.

You have to take him

We need a pass rush and Schobels best days are behind him

He would as least balance the line at the End position and make Shroud a better force in the middle as he wont be double teamed all day long like last year

Did he go Turin?

Schoebel has been injured. He may bounce back with 8-10 sacks this year. With Brown and a healthy Schoebel.....our Defense would make Brady wet his pants.

:wacko:

Although I'm nervous about the pro potential of FSU DE's, Brown is much stronger than Eric Flowers coming out of college as well as a better athlete without having to put on 25 lbs. to climb up draft boards. Brown should stay right where he is at weight wise and should we luck out and be able to pick him, have him line up at LDE on passing situations this first year.

If the Bills want to keep him in on running downs he'll need to add some weight and hopefully it won't affect his speed.

I can't speak for others but I could care less about his height. I'm fine with his as a situational pass rusher this year and eventually taking over one of the DE spots in the near future. I think long arms are more important than height Dean but if you can get it done without either I'll take technique and production.

Maybe you can help me out here Steely. I keep hearing that 6'2" is "too short" for a DE. Other than batting down, or influencing passes, why does a DE need to be taller than 6'2"? Wouldn't a shorter guy, with better lower balance, but some leaping ability be better suited to DE?

I'm serious here. What is it with the DE height thing? I keep asking, but I get no answers.

6'4" is the optimum I've heard for DE's but you're right there doesn't seem to be any definitive answer as to why. I would guess it's because they have the ability to put more weight on their frame and that is an immense help in stopping the run. JMO

I found this from USA Today. It's from 2005 but I think it explains it somewhat;

•Requirements: Strength to hold up in the trench wars, speed and agility to aggressively attack and pursue. In other words, a big man with quick feet. The real heavyweights at defensive tackle are counted on to block out the lanes of daylight and in many schemes, tie up blockers that free linebackers to make plays. Ends have duties that vary depending on scheme, too, but no matter the alignment of the X's and O's, pass-rush skills always carry much clout.

Georgia's David Pollack racked up plenty of defensive awards during his time as a Bulldog, but some question his size as a defensive lineman.

University of Georgia

Maybe you should put that question in the Ask Tim Graham thread.

6'4" is the optimum I've heard for DE's but you're right there doesn't seem to be any definitive answer as to why. I would guess it's because they have the ability to put more weight on their frame and that is an immense help in stopping the run. JMO

I found this from USA Today. It's from 2005 but I think it explains it somewhat;

•Requirements: Strength to hold up in the trench wars, speed and agility to aggressively attack and pursue. In other words, a big man with quick feet. The real heavyweights at defensive tackle are counted on to block out the lanes of daylight and in many schemes, tie up blockers that free linebackers to make plays. Ends have duties that vary depending on scheme, too, but no matter the alignment of the X's and O's, pass-rush skills always carry much clout.

Georgia's David Pollack racked up plenty of defensive awards during his time as a Bulldog, but some question his size as a defensive lineman.

University of Georgia

Thanks. I'm not sure that completely answers my question, but it is a start. I get the big-frame/bulk part. But, as pass rushing DEs aren't usually that big, I still have questions.