Bills police blotter

Well since my memory isn't the greatest.. here are the players i think have been in trouble with the law in the recent past. feel free to chime in/correct etc.. (in no particular order)

Anthony Hargrove

Roscoe Parrish

Marshawn Lynch

Ko Simpson

Donte Whitner

would you consider this to be a growing trend? a microchosim of society in general? a run of bad luck?

is this acceptable to you as a fan? what should the organization do to correct this? should the next person involved in any type of altercation with the law (save a minor traffic ticket) be cut on the spot regardless of who they are? what actions should the organizaion take?

Well since my memory isn't the greatest.. here are the players i think have been in trouble with the law in the recent past. feel free to chime in/correct etc.. (in no particular order)

Anthony Hargrove

Roscoe Parrish

Marshawn Lynch

Ko Simpson

Donte Whitner

would you consider this to be a growing trend? a microchosim of society in general? a run of bad luck?

is this acceptable to you as a fan? what should the organization do to correct this? should the next person involved in any type of altercation with the law (save a minor traffic ticket) be cut on the spot regardless of who they are? what actions should the organizaion take?

Honestly, I think the Bills players troubles with the law over the last two or three years, are still pretty minimal in number, when compared to a lot of NFL teams. What is ironic, though, is that for all of the hullabaloo made when TD was fired, and Marv was hired as GM, about getting "character" guys in the Bills locker room again, I would say the post TD FO has done pretty poorly. Granted, Roscoe was from TD's last draft, but the rest are "Marv guys"... both of his two first round picks... the only guy I can really remember getting in trouble with the law, during the TD years, was Rodney Wright, who never made the team because of it.

Honestly, I think the Bills players troubles with the law over the last two or three years, are still pretty minimal in number, when compared to a lot of NFL teams. What is ironic, though, is that for all of the hullabaloo made when TD was fired, and Marv was hired as GM, about getting "character" guys in the Bills locker room again, I would say the post TD FO has done pretty poorly. Granted, Roscoe was from TD's last draft, but the rest are "Marv guys"... both of his two first round picks... the only guy I can really remember getting in trouble with the law, during the TD years, was Rodney Wright, who never made the team because of it.

Agreed.

What was Marv's famous saying ".........talent without character will fail............." blah blah blah blah fukking blah

Marv's new saying should be "no talent and lousy character makes for a drama filled offseason"

I was on the Marvwagon when he was here but man does it look questionable now.

Agreed.

What was Marv's famous saying ".........talent without character will fail............."

This has to be Marv's most misinterpreted phrase.

He meant ‘football’ character. Guys who not only had talent, but the desire to win and the ‘character’ to overcome adversity. Marv wanted players who would not give up when things got bad, that is a form of character.

Marv’s teams had their share of choirboys, but most of the players were just as bad as the ones we have now.

Marv’s time as HC was pre-information age so every rumor was not instantly broadcast around the world, making it easier to contain the story.

This is not a growing trend, we just hear about it more.