Interesting Scout Comments in PFW Pre-Draft Issue

Myself, I'm increasingly sold on Pettigrew. Seems to have very low bust potential and will strengthen the offensive line and the intermediate passing game.

The comment about Maybin intrigued me, because it was so strong. Comments about him seem to be all over the place, so who knows?

I can appreciate your take on the safe pick but at #11 I think that we got to take the shot at a pass rusher. Hopefully our boys have done their homework and pick the right one.

No problem. I don't follow college ball, so I love reading pre-draft stuff (even if most of it turns out to be horseshite) and always appreciate it when people post it on the board.

Maybin is scary but intriguing for sure. Cushing and Jackson don't excite me too much, but it seems as though they are likely to be pretty solid players, so I wouldn't complain if either of them were the pick.

Everything you just said here is exactly my sentiments.

I ws reading through the draft guides tonight and it ws surprising the lack of production of the some of the rookies from last year. Long, Dorsey, Gholston, and Harvey did not exactly dominate the league. I hope whomever we go after has big upside and will be able to help us more 2-3 years down the road. So much of it seems to be a crapshoot. You never know how a player is going to perform against better competition especially after signing a big rookie contract.

I'd like to add DT Alan Branch's name to that list from 2 drafts ago. I just read where he has to step forward this year or he'll start to be considered a bust pick. I think that he will answer the challenge and produce this year, it seems that he has the right attitude.

And those guys are all DL (Gholston was). DL is a total roll of the dice in the draft. That's why as much as I'd like to see us grab a pass rusher in the 1st, I think it might be wiser to go for Pettigrew or one of the offensive linemen. Safer picks. Then maybe take a run at a pass rusher in the 2nd.

Once again good points but if anything happens to Schobel and Kelsay and/or they just don't produce, you'll be sorry for not taking a DE when we had one of the first opportunities to do so.

One other thing, people talk about Philly and Atlanta taking Pettigrew with their 1st pick (#21 & #24) but now that Denver has a second 1st rder then why wouldn't they at #18?

First off: excellent post. Something with actual substance.

Secondly, in regard to Marcus McNeil, his size may have been a concern, but it was not the main thing that kept him out of the first round. If I recall correctly teams were worried that he had some type of back problem that might be a nagging thing.

The Chargers, knowing talent when they saw it, were smart and took a chance on him.

Spinal cord stenous

I'm hoping that the Bills take either Robert Ayers or Tyson Jackson IF they go defense. I'd say take the "Rack" but he will be gone by 11th pick most certainly. I'm really fed up with the Bills inability to stop the run.

Maybin scares me with his recent weight gains, 25 lbs of muscle in 3 months just doesn't sound normal to me. Dunno,maybe its normal to Barry Bonds though.

From scout.com http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&amp...rc=4&pid=23

Rank Rating Name Yr Ht/Wt/40 College Home

DE 1 Everette Brown JR 6-4/250/- Florida State Wilson, NC

DE 2 Brian Orakpo SR 6-4/260/- Texas Houston, TX

DE 3 Tyson Jackson SR 6-5/290/- LSU Edgard, LA

DE 4 Aaron Maybin SO 6-4/248/- Penn State Ellicott City, MD

DE 5 Robert Ayers SR 6-3/270/- Tennessee Bennettsville, SC

DE 6 Michael Johnson SR 6-7/260/- Georgia Tech Plantersville, AL

DE 7 Connor Barwin SR 6-3/253/- Cincinnati Detroit, MI

DE 8 Paul Kruger SO 6-5/265/- Utah Orem, UT

DE 9 Jarron Gilbert SR 6-5/280/- San Jose State Chino, CA

DE 10 David Veikune SR 6-2/255/- Hawaii Ewa Beach, HI

DE 11 Lawrence Sidbury SR 6-2/267/- Richmond Oxon Hill, MD

DE 12 Matt Shaughnessy SR 6-6/253/- Wisconsin Norwich, CT

DE 13 Brandon Williams JR 6-3/243/- Texas Tech Fort Worth, TX

DE 14 Tim Jamison SR 6-3/265/- Michigan Harvey, IL

DE 15 Kyle Moore SR 6-5/265/- USC Warner Robins, GA

I have no Idea as to why they have Everette Brown at #1, I hear he can only rush the passer and can't do much of anything else.

I'm hoping that the Bills take either Robert Ayers or Tyson Jackson IF they go defense. I'd say take the "Rack" but he will be gone by 11th pick most certainly. I'm really fed up with the Bills inability to stop the run.

Maybin scares me with his recent weight gains, 25 lbs of muscle in 3 months just doesn't sound normal to me. Dunno,maybe its normal to Barry Bonds though.

From scout.com http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&amp...rc=4&pid=23

Rank Rating Name Yr Ht/Wt/40 College Home

DE 1 Everette Brown JR 6-4/250/- Florida State Wilson, NC

DE 2 Brian Orakpo SR 6-4/260/- Texas Houston, TX

DE 3 Tyson Jackson SR 6-5/290/- LSU Edgard, LA

DE 4 Aaron Maybin SO 6-4/248/- Penn State Ellicott City, MD

DE 5 Robert Ayers SR 6-3/270/- Tennessee Bennettsville, SC

DE 6 Michael Johnson SR 6-7/260/- Georgia Tech Plantersville, AL

DE 7 Connor Barwin SR 6-3/253/- Cincinnati Detroit, MI

DE 8 Paul Kruger SO 6-5/265/- Utah Orem, UT

DE 9 Jarron Gilbert SR 6-5/280/- San Jose State Chino, CA

DE 10 David Veikune SR 6-2/255/- Hawaii Ewa Beach, HI

DE 11 Lawrence Sidbury SR 6-2/267/- Richmond Oxon Hill, MD

DE 12 Matt Shaughnessy SR 6-6/253/- Wisconsin Norwich, CT

DE 13 Brandon Williams JR 6-3/243/- Texas Tech Fort Worth, TX

DE 14 Tim Jamison SR 6-3/265/- Michigan Harvey, IL

DE 15 Kyle Moore SR 6-5/265/- USC Warner Robins, GA

I have no Idea as to why they have Everette Brown at #1, I hear he can only rush the passer and can't do much of anything else.

My question is why didn't any of the anonymous scouts mention Everette Brown in their observations?