Parrish made 4 million in 08

No, but it was probably some type of guaranteed roster bonus or the like. It doesn't really matter what it was, it was part of the renegotiation that the Bills did. He was probably promised 4 million cash for the first year. I doubt it was a performance based bonus.

Yes, I get it, now.

Ah...thanks.

That's a better number, for his contribution. I'll take a trade that brings something special to the team. But, dumping Parrish for salary is stupid, IMO.

Dean that depends. If it is just so Ralph can save that money and put it behind a pillow, then ya, it is stupid. But, if it is a strategic move to free up salary cap room to sign or extend a contract on a player (like Peters hint hint) then it is not stupid. For some reason, a lot of people on this board think that everything is black or white. Contrary to popular belief, some decisions are made considering more than one factor. Ya, I know, crazy! But it's true.

$2.5 Million can go a long way in helping sign or resign players. Not to mention the fact in what we could get in return through a trade, coupled with the flexibility we have in regards to how expendable Parrish is, whether Bills fans like to admit it or not.

$2.5 Million is a lot just for a punt returner, specially considering where the guy who could replace him McKelvin could be nearly as good if not better. Remember, McKelvin was more known coming out of college for his PR, not KR's.

Dean that depends. If it is just so Ralph can save that money and put it behind a pillow, then ya, it is stupid. But, if it is a strategic move to free up salary cap room to sign or extend a contract on a player (like Peters hint hint) then it is not stupid. For some reason, a lot of people on this board think that everything is black or white. Contrary to popular belief, some decisions are made considering more than one factor. Ya, I know, crazy! But it's true.

$2.5 Million can go a long way in helping sign or resign players. Not to mention the fact in what we could get in return through a trade, coupled with the flexibility we have in regards to how expendable Parrish is, whether Bills fans like to admit it or not.

$2.5 Million is a lot just for a punt returner, specially considering where the guy who could replace him McKelvin could be nearly as good if not better. Remember, McKelvin was more known coming out of college for his PR, not KR's.

I really don't think the Bills are going to be bumping against the cap, when all is said and done, this season.

I really don't think the Bills are going to be bumping against the cap, when all is said and done, this season.

You may be right, but if you've seen the Bills Cap Figures, there are some interpretations that suggest that we don't have that much room. According to what has been floating around this forum and I believe Pat Kirwin, we have $10 Million left, and that was before the Seth Mckinnie signing. I personally think that ther is more left in the cap room, but if that is correct. Then you have to assume that there is roughly $9 Million left for the draft and whatever else the Bills FO would like to do. If you extend Peters contract, you have to believe that will at least take up another $6 Million correct?

You may be right, but if you've seen the Bills Cap Figures, there are some interpretations that suggest that we don't have that much room. According to what has been floating around this forum and I believe Pat Kirwin, we have $10 Million left, and that was before the Seth Mckinnie signing. I personally think that ther is more left in the cap room, but if that is correct. Then you have to assume that there is roughly $9 Million left for the draft and whatever else the Bills FO would like to do. If you extend Peters contract, you have to believe that will at least take up another $6 Million correct?

I believe that the Bills may be forced to trade Peters

If they sign him most of his salary this year has to be in the signing bonus. If you take what say 6 million of the 9 mill say they have left that leaves you with 3 million to sign the rookie class, and that is not enough even if they trade down.

So if you want to cut some salary I say dump Kelsey after you get you DE in the draft then sign Peters with the money you save from dumping Kelsey.

Like I said before losing Roscoe with his salary of 2.5 million for this year doesn't make sense IMO

That may be the "not getting arrested" bonus. :thumbdown:

Wasn't he busted last offseason for a DUI?

The problem is that they now have too many WR's with Owens. Owens, Evans and Reed are the top 3. Hardy will be back and was drafted too high for them to give up on. Add in Johnson, who isn't really going to give them much of a return, thats 5 WR's. Parrish is out because he can probably get them the best return without sacrificing much in the WR department because they never used him much at that position.

He is the starting Punt Returner and plays probably 10 snaps a game at WR, so I dont' really consider him a Part Time Player. The Bills pay Lindell a couple million, he plays what 3 or 4 plays a game with our terrible offense? How much does Josh Reed make? Parrish makes more game changing plays than he does. When you consider how much money we have in our below average DE's (except Schobel when healthy), Rosoe seems like a bargain.