Could this year's OT Jason Peters = last year's WR Ocho Cinco?

Last year the Bengals probably could have gotten Dallas' two 1st rd picks for WR Ocho Cinco but instead chose to pass. Now this year Cincinnati would be lucky to get a 2nd rder for him. If we can't resolve this Jason Peters then we better be careful that we don't lose his value by ridding of him a year too late.

I still believe that we re-sign him just before the draft and I'll also want to go on record as saying that I don't think that we should trade him if we can at all help it. What I think might be a reasonable solution for all parties involved is that we give him a incentive laden contract that will allow him to make the money that he is looking for. This would make him satisfied and motivated and we don't lose face or throw our money away.

If the Bills don't want to trade him and can't resolve this by draft day then I think that we should draft the best possible OT with our 1st rd pick. The Ravens and Eagles did just that in past drafts. In 1996 the Ravens drafted OT jonathan ogden when they already had OT Orlando Brown and then they did it again in 2001 when they drafted TE Todd Heap when they already had TE Shannon Sharpe on the roster. The Eagles really outdid themselves when in the 2002 draft they took CB Lito Sheppard in the 1st rd and SS Michael lewis in the 2nd rd. Great picks but they already had CB Troy Vincent, CB Bobby Taylor, CB Al Harris, S Blaine Bishop and SS Brian Dawkins. I guess that's why they're birds of prey.

Chad Ocho Cinco (I looked him up first on NFL.com as Chad Johnson, didn't find him, and went to the O's and found him there :rolleyes:) is 31 and is coming-off a sub-par, injury-marred year. The analogy would fit somewhat if Peters has a(nother) sub-par, injury-marred year, but he'll be just 28.

Chad Ocho Cinco (I looked him up first on NFL.com as Chad Johnson, didn't find him, and went to the O's and found him there :rolleyes:) is 31 and is coming-off a sub-par, injury-marred year. The analogy would fit somewhat if Peters has a(nother) sub-par, injury-marred year, but he'll be just 28.

I was really making a point more about value rather than their ages but that's ok, I think you get the picture.

I was really making a point more about value rather than their ages but that's ok, I think you get the picture.

I believe he is suggesting age and value are related. If Chad Cinco was 26, the market for him would be much better.

I believe he is suggesting age and value are related. If Chad Cinco was 26, the market for him would be much better.

Age and value, but production as well. If COC had as good a season in 2008 as he did in 2007, he'd be worth more. The recent production in conjunction with age makes him worth less in trade.