trading peters/shoring the trenches

I've given it some thought. McNabb is getting toward the downside of his prime and the need for a quality tackle who can step right in (not a rookie) is great. Peters is the best available. I think we have leverage and a one and two is doable. A one and three is not a very good deal, but if we need to get rid of Peters that is one we would hold our nose for and let him go. Anything else is a no deal.

I see your reasoning but I think that is a very steep price to pay for Peters. That might be better off trying to trade up.

I see your reasoning but I think that is a very steep price to pay for Peters. That might be better off trying to trade up.

Why? It seems like Andre Smith is being compared talent-wise to Peters. Philadelphia would probably have to trade up to #6 or #7 to get him. Assuming they can find a willing trade partner, the trade value chart suggests that would cost them at least their two 1st rounders. The contract for a #6 or #7 pick isn't too far behind what they'd have to pay Peters. I bet St. Louis and Seattle would trade their #2 and #4 pick for Peters instead of paying the same price for guys who may or may not be Pro Bowl LT's. I think the Bills should ask for Philly's 2 1st rounders and then maybe settle for a 1st and 2nd.

Why? It seems like Andre Smith is being compared talent-wise to Peters. Philadelphia would probably have to trade up to #6 or #7 to get him. Assuming they can find a willing trade partner, the trade value chart suggests that would cost them at least their two 1st rounders. The contract for a #6 or #7 pick isn't too far behind what they'd have to pay Peters. I bet St. Louis and Seattle would trade their #2 and #4 pick for Peters instead of paying the same price for guys who may or may not be Pro Bowl LT's. I think the Bills should ask for Philly's 2 1st rounders and then maybe settle for a 1st and 2nd.

Forgot about the trade value chart. Can't do anything without that. You think it would cost 2 1st round picks to move up 14 spots? That is a bit high.

I like the thinking, but...

I don't see Mack being available @ 42. I like Unger more anyway, so I hope he'd be targeted (and available) @ 42.

Loadholt is truly a load, but he's got issues, such as his inability to play w/ good knee bend, does not have the quickest of feet, and has a tendency to jump offsides a bit (think of a much larger version of Rams OT Alex Barron, who has led the league in penalties). I'd pass on him 'til the later rounds.

I look at Loadholt as a G and a backup RT. Not enough initial quickness to play LT. I have read he plays well with natural knee bend. I think he could be a devastating guard with a year or two of coaching and adjusting to the position.

I am fine with Unger at 42 if Mack is not available. Either Or is fine with me.

Love it. Replace Eric Wood with Max Unger, who I think is going to prove to be the best center in the class bar none, and sign me up!

Round #1 Everette Brown (DE) or Michael Oher (OT)

Round #1 Brandon Pettigrew (TE) (Eagles pick)

Round #2 Max Unger or Alex Mack (C/Guard)

Round #2 Connor Barwin (DE) (Eagles Pick if we go with Oher in Round 1)

Round #3 Eric Wood

Rounds 4-7 Depth and competition at LB/SS/OL/DL Spots.

Also, please sign Keiaho, the one LB we brought in. Then, we don't have to start Ellison at LB and we fill that hole without having to use a top draft pick on a LB. ©

I'm liking this. Seems a little high for a center though. I'd rather us grab a LB in round two and wait a little later until to grab a center or guard.

I ran a trade for Philly's 1st RD1 pick and their RD3 pick. I also traded down with Houston to get their RD2.

I don't think this gets us pass rush.

15 Buffalo Brian Cushing OLB

21 Buffalo Brandon Pettigrew TE

42 Buffalo Duke Robinson OG

46 Buffalo Ron Brace DT

110 Buffalo Kyle Moore DE

147 Buffalo Cecil Newton OC

183 Buffalo Otis Wiley SS

220 Buffalo Marcus McClinton FS