Draft Anxiety

Do you think that Demetrious Bell and CG Ah You were enough of an investment to both of our lines combined? And I know that they signed free agents. That isn't the point imo. The Bills under Jauron (who never should have been hired) simply shun the most important elements of the team on draft day. That is not the way for a cold weather team to build a franchise, and it is why we continue to lose.

You missed Ellis, who is a DE. No, it's not enough of a contribution to the lines...but as you mention we had used a lot of free agency $ to address that, as well as a trade. Spencer Johnson (who I think will be much better this season), Stroud, Walker, Dockery (OK that one didn't work out as well as hoped).

The 2006 draft was way line heavy: McCargo, Williams, Butler, Terrance Pennington (who we gave up to early IMHO), and Aaron Merz

You missed Ellis, who is a DE. No, it's not enough of a contribution to the lines...but as you mention we had used a lot of free agency $ to address that, as well as a trade. Spencer Johnson (who I think will be much better this season), Stroud, Walker, Dockery (OK that one didn't work out as well as hoped).

The 2006 draft was way line heavy: McCargo, Williams, Butler, Terrance Pennington (who we gave up to early IMHO), and Aaron Merz

Sorry about wrt Ellis. :(

Wrt the 06 draft, we should agree to disagree. Imo it was a disgrace, in that we had a young qb, a horrid OL, and we dedicated 3 of the first 4 picks to the secondary. I will never find this to be acceptable.

I trust the FO to do a fine job, as they have for the past three years. (I guess the jury is still out on 2008, but I think it will end up being, at worst, an above average draft.)

They are in a very good spot, in what looks to be a deep draft. It's hard to miss on the #11 pick...unless of course you are one of the posters who believes if they don't draft the way you would, the draft sucks.

well prove me wrong then genius. what have the bills accomplished in the past decade? why should we be confident in their ability to effectively manage this team and make the correct decisions?

you can call me "doom and gloom" but i prefer realistic. take the blinders off and look around. take your head out of the sand.

I LOVE the bills, but i don't love what they have become. to blindly follow and support a continually inferior product will not do them any favors. they NEED to improve and become competitive.

I read post on this board because I am interested in others opinions of what the Bills should do, who they should pick in the draft, pick up in FA, discussing strengths and weakness of players. In addition too some good old fashion Dolphin, Patriot, and Jet bashing, provided it is clever and amusing. You Sir just whine, offer nothing. Yes they do need to improve and become more competitive, if you do not have an opinion on how they could and should go about doing that, then you really have nothing to complain about.

Koolaid, if it makes you feel any better, this year the Bills have a legit chance to draft very well. That's because of the return of Buddy Nix to the Bills' Scouting Department.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Nix

He is one of the most respected college scouts around. With him to help Modrak, who by the way always had a reputation as a top talent evaluator, at least before his time in Bflo, I think the Bills chances of having a solid draft are greatly enhanced. His return is one of the great unheralded stories of the offseason and may end up being the most significant. Hang in there buddy.

From how i understand it Nix is very good at college scouting. Albeit he has gotten older. And i believe he is focusing most of his efforts on the SE where he resides. Which would definetly not be bad. Since from Texas to Florida you could get arguablee the best talent in the country. Save maybe USC.