Pettigrew / TE

Where there is smoke, there is fire. Bills are still looking at Pettigrew.

As expected, Oklahoma St. TE Brandon Pettigrew held an on campus private workout for NFL teams on Friday. Pettigrew, who is still recovering from a hamstring injury suffered last month, ran routes and caught passes during the workout and moved around well.

Attending the workout were the Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Carolina Panthers, and New York Jets. Other teams interested in Pettigrew decided not to attend because they are satisfied with his game tape.

http://atl.scout.com/2/853409.html

And to the guy who said the Falcons are not interested in Pettigrew and will draft for defense:

A team that is need of a major upgrade at tight end, the Atlanta Falcons, have scheduled Pettigrew for a pre-draft visit for early next week

Where there is smoke, there is fire. Bills are still looking at Pettigrew.

As expected, Oklahoma St. TE Brandon Pettigrew held an on campus private workout for NFL teams on Friday. Pettigrew, who is still recovering from a hamstring injury suffered last month, ran routes and caught passes during the workout and moved around well.

Attending the workout were the Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Carolina Panthers, and New York Jets. Other teams interested in Pettigrew decided not to attend because they are satisfied with his game tape.

http://atl.scout.com/2/853409.html

And to the guy who said the Falcons are not interested in Pettigrew and will draft for defense:

A team that is need of a major upgrade at tight end, the Atlanta Falcons, have scheduled Pettigrew for a pre-draft visit for early next week

I think you are going to see the Falcon sgo heavy defense in the draft. They need a DT linebacker help and safety help. Yes they do need a TE but i just don't see Dimitrof taking a TE over those other very big areas of need. ATL lost Grady, Brooking, and Malloy. They dont have a good TE but do have a good rb and good wrs and a better then average Oline. They are struggling on defense. If it wasn't for Dcord, VanGorder, they would have been horrible.

A team should never use the #1 pick on a TE, we have many other needs. They can use later rounds or FA.

I completely disagree with that. I think the TE is a far more important position than people give it credit for - particularly for a QB like Edwards. I'm sick and tired of rooting for a team without a serviceable TE. Trade Peters to Philly, and use the two first rounders on Pettigrew and an OL or DL.