Bill for taylor??

Bills called DE Taylor (per Miami Herald)

By Chris Brown - Posted April 3rd, 2009

After Jason Taylor became a free agent the Bills were one of the many teams that called to inquire about his level of interest in playing for them. No word on what the answer was, but Taylor seems to be biding his time for a reason.

I’m hearing that the Patriots efforts to land Julius Peppers in a trade are not dead yet. So my thinking is Jason Taylor, who has said he’d like to play for New England, is going to lay low for now and see if anything happens with Peppers.

If a Peppers deal doesn’t happen he’ll push to sign with New England and probably get a little more money from New England with Peppers no longer an option (more leverage for Taylor).

If a Peppers trade with New England does happen, then Taylor considers his other options (just a hunch).

Buffalo did the smart thing, if the source for Herald colunist Armando Salguero is on the money. They expressed interest so if and when Taylor begins to look to sign somewhere he’s aware that Buffalo is an option.

interesting.....

I'd love to see Buffalo enter the mix for Peppers. If only to drive the price up for the Pets* :thumbdown:

If Peppers goes to the Pats he will either be a cancer who gets 15 sacks per year or a great guy who gets 15 sacks per year. either way, the bills get crushed twice by the Pats this year. if brady is healthy and they have peppers... I wonder if some team like Arizona would trade divisions with the Bills... at least the Jets didn't get Cutler..

If Peppers goes to the Pats he will either be a cancer who gets 15 sacks per year or a great guy who gets 15 sacks per year. either way, the bills get crushed twice by the Pats this year. if brady is healthy and they have peppers... I wonder if some team like Arizona would trade divisions with the Bills... at least the Jets didn't get Cutler..

Peppers has never had 15+ sacks in a year. In 07 he had 2.5 sacks. 2006 he had 13 and in 2005 he had 10.5. Personally i think Peppers is way overrated. And this isn't a case of him comming from a crappy team that will all of a sudden have a break out year surrounded by great talent. Carolina has a very good defense.

As far as Taylor goes. Good to make the call like the article says. But if he wants more then 3 million a year then no thanks.

Buffalo did the smart thing, if the source for Herald colunist Armando Salguero is on the money. They expressed interest so if and when Taylor begins to look to sign somewhere he’s aware that Buffalo is an option.

Salguero is typically very reliable with his sources. I read the Herald almost daily and listen to him on the radio a lot. He's pretty good.