Preston's Comments on the Bills as a Packer

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave,

No big thing. We just happen to disagree on this point. I watched Duke Preston plenty last year and he is very below average at best. And times, he is simply horrible and, yes, he sucked bad. I'm quite sure I would never want a guy who can't remember the snap count, the formation, or whether he ever beat New England or not, calling the protections for my offense if I were his coach. Just because we are Bills fans and used to seeing bad football players and just because Duke Preston happened to get his number called to start in Buffalo (What other options did they have? How often have you seen Dick go outside the 53 + taxi mid-season for an answer?) doesn't make him an average player. Indeed, it wouldn't surprise me one iota if the Packers simply cut him this camp. Just because they are willing to give him a shot to make their team in March as a ho-hum FA doesn't make him a great prospect.

Lemmings? <_< I've been saying Preston sucks for a long time. I guess I am the pied piper. :unsure:

Exactly. The word was that Fowler told the coaches he didn't feel he could take on Jenkins, Rodgers, etc. Has Fowler signed anywhere, even as camp fodder?

Fair points, and we'll see. I thought he played pretty capably against NYJ, Denver, and even NE in the final three games. Take out the dumb penalty before halftime, and I remember many nice runs up the middle by Freddie Jackson against Wilfork et al. Not much interior pass pressure either, and he shut down Jenkins in the Meadowlands.

Now that he doesn't want to stay in Buffalo, it's time for the lemmings to throw him under the bus.

No, I'm reasonably sure that Preston was a favorite target long before he cashed his final paycheck from the Bills.

Duke Preston should STFU. He has never been impressive, has never made a real impact, and while he's on the subject of losing to New England, he should be reminded that HE alone was duped into a scrum that delayed that field goal attempt before the half. He was specifically targeted by Belichick as being the sort of chump who would fight back in that critical situation instead of getting to the line.

So STFU, Duke. You'll just be invisible in a new city, now.

Apart from the New England game, this is the only other time that Duke Preston has made any kind of headlines. The fact that Buffalo did not want him should speak volumes of his "ability". I'll just call Duke Preston "Mr Irrelevant" now.

BTW, who's knocking on J.P.'s door to sign him to a lucrative contract? We traded up for J.P. Losman and John McCargo...awesome. Poz too, so we did good once. Meatloaf sang that "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad", so what's one out of three, besides a good batting average?