number of people that think bills stay

well its kind of hard to be excited about the upcoming season when you know your team is moving.. sorry if anyone else dosent feel like I do

Well, only you seem to KNOW the team is moving, although you have zero information about said move.

I have no problem, whatsoever, getting excited about this season.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually they did sell out.. even though they have seats covered.... moving a team who's population will grow to 5million people in the near future will not happen... Miami,Tampa, Orlando, are suffering from over population.. that means more people moving to jax...

I live south of Tampa, Tampa is my market according to Direct TV. My brother in law lives in Orlando, & my wifes aunt lives in West Palm Beach (North of Miami). Because of construction that was done before the economy went in the CRAPPER, there is MORE than enough available housing in all three areas for a LONG TIME to come. NOBODY will move from those three Cities to Jax & from what I have been reading, people are not moving to Fla in great numbers anymore. The Jags have VERY Few fans. The people in Fla outside of Jax are Fins or Bucs fans, & the people from Ga are Falcons fans. I would be much more concerned about the Jags moving if I were you than the Bills.

Jax may be growing- but not at that fast of a rate. It is 1.3 million in the greater metro. Buffalo is about 1.2. However, Jax is not a regional market. You don't leave there and drive 80 miles and find lots of Jax fans. They share their market and butt up against all the other NFL teams and college football, which may be more popular around there. 80 miles outside Buffalo and you are still firmly in Bills territory. Rochester is a metro of about a million and that is all Bills. And, of course, there is Toronto a city of 5 million+ which is counted as our market, which is fortunate or possibly horribly unfortunate as we will find out in the not too distant future. LA won't take the Bills, but we will either lose them to Toronto entirely or end up sharing them to a greater degree. I'd say that Jax would be a prime candidate to move to LA should a team decide to go there. Depends on if Wayne Weaver is losing money or gets greedy.

Jax is a good guess, i read L.A. was approved to build a new stadium and a plan is in place for it to be ready for play by 2012. However my guess would be Oakland move back to L.A. once Al davis is no longer the owner. 1- that team needs a new stadium (big time) it is dreary and unappealing. The bay area already has the niners who will be moving to santa clara from what i read in the past. Besides there really is nothing appealing about Oakland.

i think the Bill's will stay in WNY as long as we continue to Sell Out all Home games. I think bringing Toronto into our Market share strengthens the franchise considerably and secures the team name starts with BUFFALO. i see sharing the home games with Toronto 1 of 8 in first five years. the next agreement will be 2 of 9 home games for 10 years and then 3 of 9 for a 20 year deal. that should get me thru my lifetime...