Juaron's Style?

Jauron is a wimpy coach who makes wimpy decisions and coddles his players and then says how great a player they are after that player blows it for whatever reason....

Unfortuantely Ralph has a man crush on him so he is not going anywhere for a while....unfortunately

Steve Fairchild studied under Mike Martz in St Louis for 3 years before he came to Buffalo to be the OC for the Bills, Turk Schonert was the QB coach under Fairchild so when Fairchild left for Colorado last season Schonert was promoted and took over as OC. Didn't you notice that the Bills run the same get your QB killed scheme as the Rams :unsure:

Martz has been fired in St Louis, Detroit,and now SF but his legacy lives on in Buffalo. I suppose it seemed like a good Idea to try and bring a form of the "greatest show on turf" to Buffalo which hasn't seen a high scoring offense since the Jim Kelly K-gun era.

What so many simply don't understand is, that it wasn't just Kurt Warner and the amazing receivers in Issac Bruce and Tory Holt, nor was it that awesome O line with Orlando Pace and Co. What really made that Mike Martz offense so good was Marshall Faulk and the running / pass receiving threat he gave them. I suppose you could say the same thing with that 90's Buffalo team,It wasn't just Kelly, Reed, Kent Hull et al. what helped make them so great was running / pass receiving threat of Thurman Thomas.

This current Bills team as some of the right pieces to become that high powered offense they want to become.They have some good receivers with Owens, Evans and Reed,they have really good RB's in Lynch and Jackson, what they are currently lacking is a blocking TE like Metzalaars and an O line that will give Edwards time to throw. Also, I don't see anyone even close to Kent Hulls ability on the roster.

No one would confuse our offensive "philosophy" with that of the Rams under Martz.

In fact, Martz to Fairchild to Schonert is such a significant serial dilution of talent that you are left with only homeopathic levels of Martz in Schonert. I really like Warner, and Warner is more of a disciple of Martz than Schonert is--KW has been a "QB getting killed" with each team he has played on since he left SL.

But I agree that Martz's strength partly rested with his use of Faulk in so many aspects of the offense (despite other's claim that he "ignored the RB"). Problem is, we don't have anyone on our team close to Faulk. Lynch has stone hands.

Ralph does not have a crush on DJ, he has had a long affinity for cash money. He figured he would save some by locking up Slow Dick on the cheap when they were 5-1 or so. When the team went into the tank and the obvious move was to fire DJ, no way was Ralphie gonna eat those measly millions.

That might have been his "philosophy" in Chicago but it sure isn't even close in Buffalo,haven't you been watching the games? All the Bills did last season is throw the ball out of the shotgun formation and pass even when they should clearly run the ball.

They didn't start using "play action" passing until the Cleveland game. The OC, Turk Schonert had his head up his backside most of the season for calling deep passing plays when the bills O line couldn't give Edwards time to throw. For calling Evans number repeatedly even though Evans was double and triple covered, its why Edwards was always dumping the ball off to Lynch and Jackson.

I did, in fact, see every minute of every game. I had some of the same complaints as you. Just because you have a certain "philosophy," it doesn't mean you always execute it well--particularly when you have a rookie OC. The philosophy is good; the execution was at times poor--which I blame on both coaches and players.

Thanks for the feedback... I already thought, when I posted, that the Defensive system was basically Tampa 2, but disfunctional, lacking the right few playmakers - a good enough run stuffer in the middle, for instance, or an exceptional pass rusher off the edge... something to give the opposing QB fits enough to go early into a turnover.

The offense was more of a mystery to me. It seemed absolutely predictable, and at times not even NFL level. There was certainly talent at the receiver and running backs, and a young QB - I don't know how Peters got into the Pro Bowl again - the line was miserable. With those two backs and decent receivers, we shouldn't have had such difficulties...which is why I think we should bolster our O-line; adding center Hangartner was good, but if we get rid of Peters we'll need two more, and a playmaker on the D-line, and then maybe a TE, and and OLB.

Special Teams, as always of late, was lights out. I think whatever that coach does to make players so effective should be copied by the other coordinators. Bobby April is a special coach, I mean, how many years now has he had unbelievable rankings on his Special Teams?

Ha - my nine year old son is up playing Madden (It's a weekend) and he just commented when I told him I was writing about the Bill's coach: "Isn't he the guy who kept calling the same play over and over last year?" Kids.

I did, in fact, see every minute of every game. I had some of the same complaints as you. Just because you have a certain "philosophy," it doesn't mean you always execute it well--particularly when you have a rookie OC. The philosophy is good; the execution was at times poor--which I blame on both coaches and players.

You don't get "ball control" by passing out of the shotgun formation. In Chicago Jauron had a run first offense with Anthony Thomas and it worked. Here in Buffalo he has let Schonert do as he pleases and so to compete with McDaniels in NE and Schottenheimer in NY, the bills constantly threw the ball even with JP in there and even against constant dime coverages.

But I agree that Martz's strength partly rested with his use of Faulk in so many aspects of the offense (despite other's claim that he "ignored the RB"). Problem is, we don't have anyone on our team close to Faulk. Lynch has stone hands.

I would strongly disagree here, both Lynch and Jackson are huge receiving threats out of the backfield. Furthermore I think they should allow both Jackson and Lynch to play "slot" receiver,that's how good both are. BTW Lynch was noted to be a really good RB / receiver drafted out of Cal. Last season Lynch had 47 receptions for 300 yds,not what I would call "stone hands".Those 47 receptions put him 3rd on the team behind Lee Evans 63 and Josh Reed with 56.