So Much For The Terrell Owens bash

millbank

Yeah, heard it on WGR/Simon show this A.M. - ya suppose Rome & the rest of the national media will bother reporting this to set the record straight, or just let their prior reports stand that T.O.'s already causing distractions for the Bills?

Rome was also rippin' T.O. about the #81 thing.

There are a lot of internet T.O. reports floating around out there that the mainstream media hasn't reported on. So don't get too worked up about everybody tripping over themselves to paint T.O. as the villain.

Over the weekend. South Beach. Field sobriety tests. Offering his autograph to get out of a ticket ... The links aren't tough to find. But if the media really wanted to hammer T.O., they would have jumped on this. I'm not touching it, though.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I should have read the whole thread before I commented.

As you know, I was completely unaware of those reports rumors until roughly an hour ago. And yeah, I cringed a little at linking to a Web site calling itself "The Dirty" ...

Anyone know why Rome called Everett Chris?

Because he thought he was being funny. Personally, I thought watching Everett tip that table over on him was far more amusing ...

I don't know why this is such a big deal anyway. He NEVER goes to these sessions---DJ acknowledged as much this week. Why would he start now??

And by the way, the sessions started Monday and the big awards banquet is tonight. You know, I bet there are flights directly from Buffalo to Washington---and back!--- every day. If Mr. TEO were so inclined, he could easily had jetted down to DC this AM and been back in 24 hours. He didn't need to take the week off for this rubber chicken dinner.

As you might surmise if you didn't see his career, Everett's toughness was often called into question. He had a big arm and tons of talent but rightly or not, he was viewed as a bit soft. Thus the Chris Evert references.

Unsuprisingly, considering the pool of pond scum he bubbled up from, Rome never actually understood Chris Evert was a pretty tough tennis player.

As you might surmise if you didn't see his career, Everett's toughness was often called into question. He had a big arm and tons of talent but rightly or not, he was viewed as a bit soft. Thus the Chris Evert references.

Did Chris Evert have a reputation as a soft tennis player? I wasn't really around for her career.

Did Chris Evert have a reputation as a soft tennis player? I wasn't really around for her career.

She did not, as an above post (probably typed at the same time as yours) points out. But delving into the mind of Rome, she's a girl, and calling Jim Everett by a girl's name is an epic take.

There are a lot of internet T.O. reports floating around out there that the mainstream media hasn't reported on. So don't get too worked up about everybody tripping over themselves to paint T.O. as the villain.

Over the weekend. South Beach. Field sobriety tests. Offering his autograph to get out of a ticket ... The links aren't tough to find. But if the media really wanted to hammer T.O., they would have jumped on this. I'm not touching it, though.

I have to call you out here. This event may, or may not have happened, but even the quickest review of this "evidence" shows some pretty crappy standards for reporting by the Dirty and whatever paper that was. To then present it here as the mainstream media letting him off the hook is ridiculous. NOTHING in either the original internet post, or the later article resembles a sourced fact.

Now, if someone digs up field logs or some sort of police evidence I may stand corrected but as it stands this is just rumor and inuendo.

He also has going before congress to speak on the import of better support regarding Alzheimer's. This would involve more than a couple of hours tonight. He likely would be doing some glad handing during the day. Given Lori's article one would hope he does not do to much during evenings. :thumbsup:

No it isn't a issue if he attends these workouts or not, that is why so many have objected to see internet headlines of TO missing workouts.

No doubt based on his past Terrell Owens will create more than enough controversy non stories such as he not coming to works this week and the speed the stories were printed disappointing they would not be on balance equally fast to post the positive. imo

I don't know why this is such a big deal anyway. He NEVER goes to these sessions---DJ acknowledged as much this week. Why would he start now??

And by the way, the sessions started Monday and the big awards banquet is tonight. You know, I bet there are flights directly from Buffalo to Washington---and back!--- every day. If Mr. TEO were so inclined, he could easily had jetted down to DC this AM and been back in 24 hours. He didn't need to take the week off for this rubber chicken dinner.

He also has going before congress to speak on the import of better support regarding Alzheimer's. This would involve more than a couple of hours tonight. He likely would be doing some glad handing during the day. Given Lori's article one would hope he does not do to much during evenings. :D

No it isn't a issue if he attends these workouts or not, that is why so many have objected to see internet headlines of TO missing workouts.

No doubt based on his past Terrell Owens will create more than enough controversy non stories such as he not coming to works this week and the speed the stories were printed disappointing they would not be on balance equally fast to post the positive. imo

You're speaking to a brick wall. :thumbsup:

Anyone watch or listen to NFL access yesterday? They were talking about TO again due to some comments about TO's release by Jerry Jones. Jerry Jones said the release of TO was related to the development of Romo as a QB. He basically said TO was holding Romo back in some way. Anyway, Eisen goes around asking their opinions. Only Jamie Dukes said it was a mistake to let him go. The other basically said Witten would get more touches and then the mocked TO for his crying moment two years about. The whole "He's my Quarterback" thing. I was somewhat disgusted with NFL total Access. Anytime they talk about TO they lead up to it with a bunch of quotes from TO like "I love me some me" etc.... It's sad to see the NFL tear down one of their own players.

The media's take on TO is sad and humorous. They love to take their opinions on TO and print them as fact. TO has made mistakes in the past i understand that. But the last 3 years he has been good for the NFL in my opinion. He has been a highlight reel. I don't believe the reports out of dallas about how TO was a distraction. I don't understand how a distraction can have 38 touchdown passes in 3 years. Witten was successful and so was Dallas's run game. The only issue with Dallas is Tony Romo. Tony Romo isn't the great QB that the media loves to print. He doesn't show up for Big games the Monday night game against the Bills shows that. He starts fast early in the season but when the games down the line start to count he fails to show up. His play deteriates over the course of the season and when he is in the Playoffs he plays terrible. Romo's play has nothing to do with TO but yet it's somehow TO's fault that he makes bonehead mistakes.

I think Romo is going to take steps back this year without TO. Roy Williams isn't that great. He doens't have the passion TO does for Winning. Without TO defenses will focus more on Witten and the running game. It's my opinion that Jerry Jones knows he made a mistake by overpaying for Roy Williams. He had to make him the #1 guy by cutting TO. If TO was there Roy wouldn't be the #1 guy.