Coverage of T.O. not in attendance

I understand that he has caused A LOT of problems with other teams. But veterans who have established themselves with great conditioning and work ethic do not always regularly attend these workouts. I guarantee he shows up at some point. He really gets attention for a bunch of nothing sometimes. It has been referenced on ESPN TV and radio ALL day. With interviews from Trent and the ESPN announcers. He really is a lightning rod for everything

I understand that he has caused A LOT of problems with other teams. But veterans who have established themselves with great conditioning and work ethic do not always regularly attend these workouts. I guarantee he shows up at some point. He really gets attention for a bunch of nothing sometimes. It has been referenced on ESPN TV and radio ALL day. With interviews from Trent and the ESPN announcers. He really is a lightning rod for everything

This is what you get when you sign a guy like this. How could this be surprising to anyone? Because of his past behavior, everything he does is going to be scrutinized much more than anybody else. It's only going to get worse. He has spent a career making his bed, he has no choice but to sleep in it.

OMG

Where have you been the last 8 years. Everything this guy does if big news. What else do you expect?

....and that's why Brandon signed him in the first place. ESPN cameras are in Buffalo videoing his team and his training center and his quarterback on the first day of off season voluntary workouts?! And that's on a day that T.O. doesn't show up. Imagine all the press conferences from now until the end of the Bills season, live on ESPN and the other major networks, that will feature that ragin' Buffalo behind the speaker - Brandon and the inner circle jerks are lovin' it.

Not for nuthin', but if any Bills fans get their panties in a wad over this, they may want to sit the season out and let the big boys handle this.

I love the way the national media is talking to you upstate New York -- weak Talladega Nights reference, I know.

But seriously, this is great. We are guaranteed to have every story blown out of proportion all year. It's like the complete opposite of what we're notoriously about. Even if we suck, we will get more attention than the last 10 years combined.

I know this post may not fit the air tight thinking which informed the other indictments in this thread, but are there any reports as to where TO is. I know this is all about fact-free opinions but I am curious what the facts are regarding this situation.

Its hard to tell what the facts are from press reports as there actually are relatively few facts to report. This is not an excused absence as actually no one even needs an excuse not to attend this voluntary workout. In fact what we do know from press reports is that actually only 40 players were in for these voluntary workouts.

The total roster is probably below 80 as rookies will be added, but even with many of the stars here apparently it is amusing to see some folks get exercised over TO joining 25-30 other Bills in being no-shows.

I doubt that TO already had a long scheduled visit to see a dying child in his hospital bed, but as he just got traded to the Bills it does not surprise me that he is not here.

Without more real facts this is such a non-story.

This is what you get when you sign a guy like this. How could this be surprising to anyone? Because of his past behavior, everything he does is going to be scrutinized much more than anybody else. It's only going to get worse. He has spent a career making his bed, he has no choice but to sleep in it.

Correct....we should expect nothing less from the media. Even if TO is on his best behavior all year long, ESPN will still have their cameras pointed at Orchard Park. This is only the beginning, folks.

Why is this a bad thing? Buffalo is typically ignored in the media. If they send their cameras to show who is not there at least you can watch the rest of the team at practice.

because it's more NEGATIVE attention. The bicker Bills got a lot of media attention also.