Wonderlic Test Scores

H2o

The reason the Wonderlic has lost much of its predictive ability is because players are trained to take the test. It doesn't test how smart you are anymore, just how well your agent prepared you.

Peters needs a new agent.

The reason the Wonderlic has lost much of its predictive ability is because players are trained to take the test. It doesn't test how smart you are anymore, just how well your agent prepared you.

Yes, it will skew the results, but if you still score low, then it reinforces that you truly are ... intellectually challenged.

Tests like this simply do a poor job of predicting success or failure, at an individual level. They have some value at predicting large groups of people. There are too many individual variables for this to have any real meaning, once a coach, or GM, meets a player, interviews him, talks to his coaches, watches tape, etc.

For high profile players, I trust the scores are rarely considered, for most teams (or at least smart teams). But, in the later rounds, for players who haven't been thoroughly vetted by the staff, they may play a part in the evaluation. Anyone who uses a Wonderlic score to make a decision on an established NFL player simply has rocks in his, or her, head.

I got a 44 on a "scaled-down" version. Where's my contract???

As has been discussed here, the scaled down sample, typically used for the press, is not very representative of the full test.

Still, I think we could offer you a three year deal for a total of $6 Mill ($3 Mill guaranteed). Would have been better, had your workout been more impressive.

i think Marino is reported to have scored a 13.

Dan Marino is a good example of the Mr. Magoo Phenomenon: Sometimes a simpleton will outperform the competition by virtue of not being distracted by complex thoughts. Other popular examples: George W. Bush, Tom Cruise, Don King, Glen Beck, Kirsten Dunst, SKOOBY, etc...

Dan Marino is a good example of the Mr. Magoo Phenomenon: Sometimes a simpleton will outperform the competition by virtue of not being distracted by complex thoughts. Other popular examples: George W. Bush, Tom Cruise, Don King, Glen Beck, Kirsten Dunst, SKOOBY, etc...

<_<

Who has Skooby outperformed? NJ Sue, maybe?