Prop 1 passed in Ohio

KD in CA

That should be a bumper sticker......... :devil:

97794[/snapback]

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

:D:lol::lol:

p.s. yes, civil unions too. Looks like P&G will be able to save a bundle by not paying health insurance for 'domestic partners'. :lol:

hmmm...i guess this would be a good place to ask:  why are people so determined to discriminate against gay people?

97816[/snapback]

I dunno. Maybe it has something to do with people being upset at attempts being made to teach their children about "gay lifestyle" in public schools or being forced to include a "gay themed" float in their local St. Patrick's Day parade.

hmmm...i guess this would be a good place to ask:  why are people so determined to discriminate against gay people?

97816[/snapback]

Because marriage is the union for life of a man and a woman.

Next question?

And that's not "homophobic" either, UCONN (pre-emptive). Just because I don't agree with something doesn't mean I'm afraid of it. Phobic means fear, but you know that. That is more of a liberal tendency. I fear very, very, very little.

Because marriage is the union for life of a man and a woman.

Next question?

And that's not "homophobic" either, UCONN (pre-emptive). Just because I don't agree with something doesn't mean I'm afraid of it. Phobic means fear, but you know that. That is more of a liberal tendency. I fear very, very, very little.

97829[/snapback]

you mean "for life" for 48% of them, right? sounds like they have some business telling gay people about marriage. anyway, my next question:

says who?

you mean "for life" for 48% of them, right?  sounds like they have some business telling gay people about marriage.  anyway, my next question:

says who?

97841[/snapback]

Says me. This is an opinion board, there is no requirement for me to post a link. That's the way I see it, that's the way I view it, and that's, for me, the way it is. I don't care where people put their dicks. I really don't. I also understand what a slippery slope is.

Unless you are sexually oriented gender association challenged, why do you have a dog in the fight, anyway?

i don't know...my cousin's gay...but he's not really trying to get married,so it's nothing personal from my perspective. i guess i'm just the live-and-let-live type. i think it's really !@#$ed up when straight people pass laws that tell gay people how to live their lives. life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, you know? if it's not hurting anyone, and i believe it is not, i don't know why we should legislate against it.

i don't know...my cousin's gay...but he's not really trying to get married,so it's nothing personal from  my perspective.  i guess i'm just the live-and-let-live type.  i think it's really !@#$ed up when straight people pass laws that tell gay people how to live their lives.  life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, you know?  if it's not hurting anyone, and i believe it is not, i don't know why we should legislate against it.

97871[/snapback]

I agree. However, I don't think gays should be allowed to adopt. That's about the only line I draw.

I understand the slippery slope argument as well.

I dunno.  Maybe it has something to do with people being upset at attempts being made to teach their children about "gay lifestyle" in public schools or being forced to include a "gay themed" float in their local St. Patrick's Day parade.

97827[/snapback]

Stop that Kev, yoou should know better than to post facts. :D

really? i didn't think there was much of a correlation between sexual preference and one's ability to care for and love children. i think it has more to do with emotional maturity than one's sex life.

and what is this slippery slope? i know this might give rise to some good jokes, but seriously, what horrible thing is going to happen in our culture if some gay peoiple get married.

I agree.  However, I don't think gays should be allowed to adopt.  That's about the only line I draw.

I understand the slippery slope argument as well.

97881[/snapback]

i was raised by a bisexual man and he did a better job raising me than my straight mother and her abusive boyfriends did. BTW I am straight, so don't start that crap about gay men spreading their sexuality to their kids.

Also, I see no harm done with two men or two women getting married. What is wrong with a couple regardless of sexuality vowing to love each other?

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to take homosexual ed in highschool. What 3% of the population does behind closed doors is their own business. No need to expose it to the rest of us. As for a parade... they are tax payers and should be entitled to a float. As for marriage... I consider that a religious issue to be decided by the church. I personally don't believe in civil unions but don't think its the place of the federal government to step in and say its wrong. Civil unions don't pose a threat or danger to society as I see it.