NFLSHOP.COM = Fascists

I tried to order a personalized jersey on NFLSHOP.COM and they veto'd me because of what it said. My nick name is Moff Diver. I get the connotation and similarities. Anyone know any websites that will write whatever you want on a jersey? I protested with them but I think I'm gonna lose. Boot leg stuff = fine with me if the NFL does not want my money, some enterprising Indonesian surely does.

I tried to order a personalized jersey on NFLSHOP.COM and they veto'd me because of what it said. My nick name is Moff Diver. I get the connotation and similarities. Anyone know any websites that will write whatever you want on a jersey? I protested with them but I think I'm gonna lose. Boot leg stuff = fine with me if the NFL does not want my money, some enterprising Indonesian surely does.

Well, if you get that, why are you dismayed that they declined? They surely detected just what you stated. :blink:

In spite of the silliness there's actually a real issue here, albeit not one that concerns me greatly.

It's like when those neo-nazi's wanted to inscribe their kid's birthday cakes with a swastika...to what degree should a company control content on their product...if someone's willing to pay for it regardless.

Legit question.

Also I seem to remember the professor of then Patriots defensive back Randall Gay being refused a jersey from the NFLSHOP with his name on the back because "Gay" was considered offensive, forget that he is an actual NFL player. Later on the NFL lifted Gay from their banned words list.

I see a bit the NFL's point of view and then a part of me is like "here's the damn money, give me the damn jersey."

The real question was if anyone knew any other jersey printing websites, not whether or not you think Moff Diver is a good knick name.

Not so sure, with this post you might have just high-jacked your own thread. I will say that Moff Diver is far and away a better nickname than Bildo. :blink:

Yes I really care about this thanks for wasting my time

Try and get that on a personalized liscence plate.

Ya'd be surprized what a little creativity can get by the DMV.

True story; 'bout 20 years back I was following a Harley up Rt. 90 from the Southern Tier for a pretty long stretch when I finally figured out his plate: PHA-Q

This is funny. It reminds me of when I tried to order personalized plates for my parents' car. I live in Ontario (they were living in Australia for a year), and the people at the ministry of transportation office can decline you on the spot, at the counter!

My parents bought a new car, and they asked me to order them:

"4 Play" or

"For Play" or

"R Play."

Guess which one was approved? That's right, the stupid one, "R Play"

In spite of the silliness there's actually a real issue here, albeit not one that concerns me greatly.

It's like when those neo-nazi's wanted to inscribe their kid's birthday cakes with a swastika...to what degree should a company control content on their product...if someone's willing to pay for it regardless.

Legit question.

Also I seem to remember the professor of then Patriots defensive back Randall Gay being refused a jersey from the NFLSHOP with his name on the back because "Gay" was considered offensive, forget that he is an actual NFL player. Later on the NFL lifted Gay from their banned words list.

I see a bit the NFL's point of view and then a part of me is like "here's the damn money, give me the damn jersey."

What about the neo-communists? They are wildly more prevalent..