What to do with tom Donahoe?

ICE

I have herd that RW is very pleased with Donahoe when it comes to how the Org. is ran. NOT the product on the field, nor free agency, personel, draft etc.

I hear if a change is made it will be to remove the "GM" Title from Donahoe and just make him President of the Bills. That would mean ALL personel, Coaching and drafting duties goes to the new GM. This meaning TD is completely out of that part of it.

I would presume that Modrak would step up to GM and take over those parts. I for one have no problem with that. I just do not see RW Canning TD outright.

Thoughts?

I have herd that RW is very pleased with Donahoe when it comes to how the Org. is ran. NOT the product on the field, nor free agency, personel, draft etc.

I hear if a change is made it will be to remove the "GM" Title from Donahoe and just make him President of the Bills.  That would mean ALL personel, Coaching and drafting duties goes to the new GM. This meaning TD is completely out of that part of it.

I would presume that Modrak would step up to GM and take over those parts.  I for one have no problem with that.  I just do not see RW Canning TD outright.

Thoughts?

97689[/snapback]

I have said all year that Modrak should become the next GM, whatever happens with TD. We almost lost Modrak last offseason. We need to keep this guy around.

Scott Pioli instead of Little Barnay Rubble.

97692[/snapback]

Brother you and me both. Reality says RW won't can the first guy he named President. Also I don't see anyone getting Pioli. Even if someone were to pry SP Away from NE they would have to offer up a presidency etc to keep NE from whining to the league.

Hopefully it's an NFC Team :devil:

Brother you and me both. Reality says RW won't can the first guy he named President. Also I don't see anyone getting Pioli. Even if someone were to pry SP Away from NE they would have to offer up a presidency etc to keep NE from whining to the league.

Hopefully it's an NFC Team  :devil:

97699[/snapback]

I fear it will be in Miami.

I have said all year that Modrak should become the next GM, whatever happens with TD.  We almost lost Modrak last offseason.  We need to keep this guy around.

97698[/snapback]

I've been saying the same thing for 2 years. I always get sh*t on though. Modrak built a beautiful team in philly and he and joe banner (team pres.) managed the cap better than anyone in the league.

I hear if a change is made it will be to remove the "GM" Title from Donahoe and just make him President of the Bills.  That would mean ALL personel, Coaching and drafting duties goes to the new GM. This meaning TD is completely out of that part of it.

I would presume that Modrak would step up to GM and take over those parts.  I for one have no problem with that.  I just do not see RW Canning TD outright.

Thoughts?

97689[/snapback]

The you-doing-so-bad-at-your-current-job promotion syndrome, or at least, a variation. Slap him on the back, tell he's done a helluva job, and get him out of an area where he's f***ing up by the numbers. Best we can hope for. Like to see Ralph pull the string.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  for even thinking that!!!!!  Damn you....Damn you to hell!

:devil:

:D

:lol:

97708[/snapback]

Pock face admittedly knows nada about football and he trusts Spielman and Wanny. Miami hasn't had a losing season in how many seasons? (28). He(Pioli) can be lured with money and the number one pick in seven rounds of the draft.

I could see RW keeping TD as President and naming a new GM. I know that Modrak had a great reputation before coming to the Bills, but why would he be the choice if RW is unhappy with the team's personnel? I would guess that Modrak has been involved in every decision made by TD as GM concerning the draft, free agents, etc. Would this not "taint" him as a possible sucessor to TD? Other questions:

1. If TD is stripped of GM duties, would he stick around as President?

2. Same question, but assume Modrak is booted or not named GM.

My real question is whether RW wants to cut TD (and, inevitably Modrak) with one year remaining on his contract. I can't figure out why RW spends freely on talent but seems less so inclined with management.

Related issue: Can you attract a quality GM without giving him the ability to choose his own head coach? Mularkey has a five year deal and will not be going anywhere for that reason.

I have said all year that Modrak should become the next GM, whatever happens with TD.  We almost lost Modrak last offseason.  We need to keep this guy around.

97698[/snapback]

Come ON...people...

TD and TM are great friends. TM and his scouts do 99% of the player grading. TD merely asks them pointed questions, such as "who helps the team the most right now" and then basically works for them by executing THEIR judgment calls.

That's TD's role in the scouting and drafting department.

Modrak isn't going to take over the GM role from Tom, and I suspect he wouldn't even want to. You people love to point out all the bad decisions he's made but forget the good ones. All GMs make good and bad decisions.

Our losing magnifies the bad choices and dims the good ones. And our losing is a product of mental errors, dropped balls, a quarterback that requires perfection around him to succeed, some bad officiating, and some bad bounces.

Tom choked the Bledsoe trade, in my opinion. He's a great guy and I wish him well, but I hope we trade him to the Dallas Parcells this offseason. But he's done a lot of good things for this team that we'd all be celebrating if:

1. Clements takes his head out of his ass in week 1 and bats that 4th and 30 down instead of going for the pick. Was Clements a bad draft pick? Hardly.

2. The Refs don't call back 2 great returns into the raiders red zone and fail to see that Travis had the ball across the goal line, which they later apologized for.

3. We were in position to tie NE and the coaches chose, IMO, a questionable call which our line or DB or Travis failed to understand and execute, making them all look like complete as sholes. Before that one play, we were playing with NE the whole fuggin game.

4. Our defense (which is great, yet somehow TD gets no credit for assembling it and affording it continuity with the Jerry Gray hiring and extension) fails to make the stops necessary to hold off the Jets after our offense put up two plays at critical moments.

6. The Ravens game didn't boil down to dropped passes and Drew Bledsoe mistakes. Nuff said.

NOT bad drafting or bad coaching.

I'm probably one of the few that doesn't have too much of a problem with TD. My biggest problem was with the hiring of GW. But if someone does a great job in an interview and is very well prepared tell me that you wouldn't hire a candidate like that. So its even hard to blame him for that. I just think the first head coach should have been someone with experience.

He did a great job in bringing in players for the Defense and I think he's getting the offense together slowly but surely. At the time of the Bledsoe deal it was pretty much either Bledsoe or Jeff Blake, let me think hard on that one.

This offseason work on the OLine and I think we'll be okay depending on how JP pans out. So I wouldn't mind if he stayed on as GM for another year. And I don't think you'll see much difference in Modrak and TD as a GM.

I think we need judge TD on the team's overall record after this year and after four years of his stewardship. If they have another losing record this year I would have serious concerns about having him continue as GM. I understand the positives and the negatives of his time as GM of the Bills, but he really should judged primarily on the record of the team during his tenure as GM.

At the time of the Bledsoe deal it was pretty much either Bledsoe or Jeff Blake, let me think hard on that one.

97724[/snapback]

TD had to do the Bledsoe deal because he screwed himself by selecting RJ over Flutie. The deadended loser vs the transitional figure. Flutie would have allowed 2 years or more to find a decent prospect QB. He was then forced to go with a QB that was trending down, for the flash momentary value and to remove the heat for the RJ mistake.

At the time of the Bledsoe deal it was pretty much either Bledsoe or Jeff Blake, let me think hard on that one.

97724[/snapback]

TD had to do the Bledsoe deal because he screwed himself by selecting RJ over Flutie. The deadended loser vs the transitional figure. Flutie would have allowed 2 years or more to find a decent prospect QB. He was then forced to go with a QB that was trending down, for the flash momentary value and to remove the heat for the RJ mistake.

97749[/snapback]

Guess who is not playing anymore? Guess who is still playing?