Wilson said he wanted Cutler in the 2006 draft

Any explanation why it's laughable? Is Edwards any worse than Cassel? I'd say he's better and shows more promise, and if you were to ask McDaniel who he prefers - Cassel or Cutler - I'm quite sure he'd say the former and would gladly trade them straight up. Judging from how the Pats ran their offense, I don't think that Cutler is his ideal QB.

a.) I doubt that it would have been Cutler for Cassell straight up.

b.) Cassell was coveted by McDaniel because of their history together. Cassell's skill + Their working relationship > Trent Edwards skill.

c.) It's just downright laughably ridiculous.

Does anyone remember the announcers talking about how Wilson wanted Jay Cutler at the #8 spot in the 2006 NFL draft? They mentioned how he was pushing for it, but Levy talked him into the Whitner pick. They even mentioned Buffalo trying to trade back into the 1st to pick up Cutler. I could see Wilson pushing for a Cutler trade now that he's available again.....and possibly picking Scheffler up as well. Not to mention the fact that McDaniels probably wants to trade Cutler to the AFC east, just to stick it to Belichick.

To Buffalo: Cutler, Scheffler, 3rd round pick

To Denver: Edwards, 1st round pick

take out the 3rd round pick and Denver may go for it...

a.) I doubt that it would have been Cutler for Cassell straight up.

b.) Cassell was coveted by McDaniel because of their history together. Cassell's skill + Their working relationship > Trent Edwards skill.

c.) It's just downright laughably ridiculous.

Why? You still haven't answered it. You seem to think that all coaches value a certain type of QB, and that they don't project into the future when assessing the future. By that I mean that I doubt McDaniel is basing what's going to happen in 2009 solely on what happened in 2007-2008. Some players get better; some stagnate. It's all about projection. Clearly, he's not thrilled with having Cutler as his QB. I mean, that's freaking obvious. Whether Edwards will improve in the future is anyone's guess, but I do know that many coaches prioritize accuracy and and an ability to synthesize information quickly. Those are Edwards' strengths. Cutler may be the next Roethlisberger, or he may be one of those 21 TDs v. 18 INT guys who folds late - sorta like a QB who played for the Bills from 2002-04. In fact, the Pats had that choice - a big armed 4000 yard/21-22 TD guy who gets you to 8-8/9-7 vs. an average-armed, accurate smart guy without much of a resume. While the two guys we're talking about are different people than Bledsoe/Brady, the skill set differences are pretty similar. Don't think people who served time in the Pats organization haven't taken that lesson to heart. That decision is why the Pats are what they are today.

after the T.O. stuff, there is noway we can say this WONT happen. If the T.O. deal happen, ANYTHING can happen!

If somebody gets just a sniff of anything these days it's off and running at TBD. I love it. The T.O. aquisition makes me believe anything is possible again. For the first time in awhile I can say that my favorite team is relevant. I just need a little confirmation of a visit and I won't sleep tonight. Scheffler would be awesome as well.

I remember Levy saying that if they went QB at #8, it would have been Cutler and not Leinart. Otherwise, I can't find anything.

While I'm not behind a move to get Cutler, I think getting Cutler now, is FAR better than getting him in 2006.

Since 2006, Cutler had a DREAM experience in the NFL. Shanny as his coach, good and big WRs and a very good offensive line.

I am of the belief that had he been drafted by the Bills, he'd have turned out like JP.