11.5 million

Under perfect circumstances, sure $11.5MM could probably get us value beyond just having Peters. Of course, it could also get us Tutan Reyes, Bennie Anderson, Robert Royal and Peerless Price (Act II).

You're taking a big gamble assuming we don't swing and miss on any (let alone ALL) of the players we spend that money one. We have a talented player in one of the most important positions on football. He might be a headache, but the LT position since Will Wolford has been a fcking migraine.

Buffalo has demonstrated in the past their affinity for quantity over quality. That's not to say you should keep players for name only, but in the case of Peters, finding a quality replacement at this juncture is going to be tough. Sure, you'll save the cash, but how does that help this team get to the playoffs. You can spend 11.5M, but would I'd take Peters over four average players (which Buffalo has plenty of) just like I'd have taken Nate Clements over Dockery and Walker.

It's a huge gamble to bank on another rookie. There may only be 1-2 rookies per year who can handle the position as a starter from Day 1. In 06 it was Marcus McNeill, Joe Thomas in 07, and Ryan Clady in 08. To bank on finding the one guy (who usually is a first rounder) is indeed a huge gamble. Every year the Bills depend on their top 2 picks to instantly contribute. Getting another first day pick is nice, but that's 3 guys you need to perform.

Last year ATL traded back into the First and got Sam Baker from USC. Kid did really well till he got hurt. Two years ago Tony Ugoh got signed by the Colts in the second and has started every game for them. It sounds to me like none of us here have a lot of faith in our FO to find a LT in the draft. I know, Captain Obvious moment.

The perfect situation is Peters would play another year under his deal. That allows the Bills to see if Bell is ready to step up. Then at the end of next year either sign Peters (if Bell isn't ready after a year of playing in some games like Peters did) or if Bell is ready then trade Peters. Just getting Peters to do that is the problem.

That`s alot of money. What other options do we have with this money? Pick up a short term fix at left tackle or maybe there is someone on the team that could play up to this cornerstones ability? I`d say we could upgrade the Te. and olb spot with this and work with what we got. I`m sorry but Peters is starting to remind me of Mike Williams. Show Elvis Pig the money and watch him balloon up like he has a air hose stuck down his throat. No thanks. :thumbsup:

The same thing we have now...nothing. What makes people think that we are going to spend 11.5 million on anything if we dont pay Peters. If Peters is not extended, the Bills are not going to go out and spend the money they "saved" on other players. Thats how they end up being 30+ Mill under the cap every year. Just pay Peters, because the notion of us spend that money anywhere else is a fallacy.

The same thing we have now...nothing. What makes people think that we are going to spend 11.5 million on anything if we dont pay Peters. If Peters is not extended, the Bills are not going to go out and spend the money they "saved" on other players. Thats how they end up being 30+ Mill under the cap every year. Just pay Peters, because the notion of us spend that money anywhere else is a fallacy.

Link? I doubt you can produce one as that would make them below the minimum salary cap for the NFL.